Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RSR single rider line needs an age limit

Dear Disney,
    Please do not make me responsible for other peoples children.
    Thank you

I think the single rider line is an excellent idea. As this ride accommodates 6 and we are a family of 4 it was great to have single riders. It gave a second option when standby line is to long.
    However, we where at the Disney resort for over a week and had several young children who did not understand the single rider concept placed with us.

The loading process of this ride does move rather quickly. We were given a single rider boy of about 8 who kept climbing the railing, his Mom was about 3 cars away. Then when we loaded the vehicle he stayed on the platform. We tried to coax him into the empty seat next to me, but he just looked at us like we were strangers and he was not getting in with us. He then stayed on the platform making the next group of 3 call over a CM because they were now a group of 4.

On another occasion we saw a young girl (not in our car) burst into to tears because she was not ridding with her parents.

I think the single rider line is awesome just wish they could implement an age limit.
    Last edited by poohnpiglet; 07-04-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: RSR single rider line needs an age limit

That makes sense to me , although I haven't experienced this problem yet
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Minion

that's a great idea. you should give this message to TDA.

• Minion

disney policy is you can ride alone when you are 7

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Odd, there is a single rider age limit for other rides. For Indy a child must be at leas 8 years of age to be a single rider, per a cast member we spoke with on our last trip up to the resort. It sounds like that may be the age being enforced might still be too young. Maybe 10 and up would be more appropriate as that is the adult ticket age and up.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

It is tough to enforce an age limit when parents could easily lie about there age. They should have a 54" height limit for single rider. This would insure kids are at least 8-10 years old.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It's bad now..but in a few months the ride will slow down and more people will just use the FP and normal lines...what's kinda annoying to me when like a group of over 4 people go in the lines but are all friends...i know they are splitting up...but I want to be like its SINGLE rider your backing the line up...I mean what's the point of ride the new ride..if your have friends there but don't ride together?

• Banned User

The only thing I would add to that is some of the parents dont seem to understand what single rider means either! On my second ride, I was in the single rider line and there was a woman and her son in front of me who looked 7 or 8. Anyway, she kept saying that she was afraid when he got out of the car, he wouldnt know how to exit or where to meet. Uh, you shouldve thought about that BEFORE you got in the line!

And then of couse she kept asking CM if they could ride in the same car together. Of course not really how it works and they were split up. She was SO worried, she got out of her line and asked the CM again if they can at least ride next to each other, ie, car behind hers. She started holding up the line and the CMs looked a little frustrated, but they finally just changed up the line and put her and her son in the same car! I imagine that happens ALOT!

I mean rules are rules! If people want to jump in groups to do the SR line, fine, but you have to at least split up which is the point! And yeah if the kids are too small where they freak out without their parents, then they shouldnt be there. But yeah, nothing Disney can do. No one is actually breaking the rules, so its a tough call. It should just be a judgement call between the parents and children, but we know that doesnt always work out so well.

• Minion

I don't think an age limit is the answer. I just think people need to be fully informed about what the Single Rider line is about. It should be obvious, but people will blindly go somewhere just because they think it is more convenient. 30-60 minutes looks a lot nicer than the 120 minute standby line so they'll hop in that line without a second thought unless they're experienced.

I don't know how many CMs they have working that queue right now, but they definitely need one in front of SR lines to tell people they WILL be split up if they enter that line. Block the way to that line until the CM finishes their short spiel (that includes a talk to children about where to wait if they're too young to be alone while waiting for their parent, etc.) and then if the guests are okay with it, the CM can then step aside to let them through.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I have seen many of the same things posted by others. CMs should be telling all parents going in the single rider line with children that look questionable, that there is a minimum age to ride alone and that they WILL be separated. Additional signs probably should be at the front of the single rider line as well.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

make it 10 and up

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I have rode many times in single rider and there has been a castmember every time saying your group will be split up
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    It's bad now..but in a few months the ride will slow down and more people will just use the FP and normal lines...what's kinda annoying to me when like a group of over 4 people go in the lines but are all friends...i know they are splitting up...but I want to be like its SINGLE rider your backing the line up...I mean what's the point of ride the new ride..if your have friends there but don't ride together?
    Some people think its worth getting on the ride and being split up and waiting 30 minutes than waiting for 2 or more hours and riding together. You're still riding the ride. My girlfriend and I went Single rider the first time since the wait was 150 minutes, we wernt seated next to each other, but we were in the same car, right in front of each other.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Still Dizzy

Hrrm, that's a toughie but I think the age limit is a reasonable compromise. Sure there are going to be some kids that are mature enough to do single rider earlier without freaking out, but there's a whole bunch of kids who wouldn't be. I think ten is a safe age to assume that the vast majority would be able to handle the single rider.

We did our first single rider when my kids were 10, and even with that age we still had a good discussion first about how to behave, follow CM directions explicitly, and where we were going to meet. We also shoe horned the kids so that one of us adults would be getting on first to wait at the exit and the other would be at the back to make sure the kids got on the ride ok and were listening to the CM's.

It worked perfectly and although I think they could have done it the year before, it may have been more difficult.

I agree though that it would be difficult to enforce considering parents could lie, but at least it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    I have rode many times in single rider and there has been a castmember every time saying your group will be split up
    That's been my experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast