Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Dave

Blog Entries

Re: Idea: Replace ToonTown USA with The 100 Acre Wood

Yet not one attraction based on the big guy. Alittle bit sad. Well accept for the meet and great with their two hour lines
    Dave

Roger Rabbit should never be touched, it's one of the best dark rides in the resort. By dark rides I mean FL type rides. I'd like to see them remove other parts of TT, leave M&M houses alone but get ride of the "play areas" which are really empty and have no use as they did before. The buildings, interactive areas (that still work) along with RRCTS make it a very enjoyable land.

• Disney Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    What? I direct you here:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/samland/30...-toontown.html
    SamLand's Disney Adventures: The Toontown Urban Transect Revisited

And I think the 100 Acre Wood Idea works, but it would work much better over by Critter Country/as a replacement (not that I am at all advocating this idea). I think two woodsy areas are repetitive.
    Uhhh I read the 2nd link first and that was the most INTENSE article ever! omg lol. I was confused for a little while.. but both were enjoyable reads! Thanks for posting! Made me a bit smarter

• Lurker

There is a reason why Pooh doesn't quite fit in Critter Country and would fit better where Toon Town is now, closer to Fantasyland. Critter Country is part of a section of the park devoted to American stories, while Fantasyland is for (mostly) European stories. Pooh, despite the fact Disney gave all the characters American accents, is English, just like Peter Pan, Alice and Mr. Toad. Regardless of how you feel about the quality of the ride, Pooh is simply in the wrong place.

I still like the idea of a Toontown that mirrors the version in the Zemeckis, Roger Rabbit movie. The current one feels old, and cheap, and it reeks of the Eisner years. I'm sorry but building a fiberglass house, with fiberglass accoutrements, and fiberglass food in the fiberglass refrigerator, and funneling people through it is not an attraction, and Toontown has, like, 4 of these "attractions".

The only redeeming part of Toontown, for me, is Roger Rabbit. That was a milestone film, and both the ride & movie hold a special place in my heart. Gadget's-Go-Coaster on the other hand could be bulldozed or rethemed for all I care. The TV series that it was based upon was cancelled 22 years ago. Kids today likely have no clue who "Gadget" is.

Toontown has swiftly become the Chuck-E-Cheese portion of Disneyland; IE, "Honey, let's not go to Toontown, I don't want to be surrounded by screaming kids, and I REALLY don't want a headache."
    Last edited by Santoanderson; 07-07-2012 at 08:23 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
    Toontown is so cheap looking and the level of work put into it is nowhere near the level of work put into any of the other lands at the park. It's plastic looking and boring. I wish it was replaced with something more exciting like my proposed idea.

And no, the Winnie the Pooh ride is pretty bad. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride has more imagination in it and it was made 40+ years ago! All of the fantasyland rides are better presented. One of the distinguishing factors of the Winnie the Pooh ride to me is that all of the facade doors bang loudly when they open against the wall.

Also, anything to get us something like this:

would be awesome!
    Just replace Pooh with this.....and were good

• Disneyland Original '55

Put in Mickey's Philharmagic next to roger rabbit and upgrade the rest of the land and fix the dinning options and we've got a good useful land
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Flatten TT most def, but don't swap it out for just another children's nursery area.
    Please give us something with substance, something amazing.
    Why move Pooh? It wouldn't be worth the cost.

• Minion

I'd also add in something based on Uncle Scrooge/Huey, Louie, and Duey (maybe a subtle nod to what is possibly the best animated tv show of all time... Ducktales) the cool thing is you could do something fun and interactive with them (ride) and throw in a couple ducktales references without branding it as being Ducktales
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disneymom

I say leave ToonTown alone. I love the fact that it is all about Mickey Mouse and his toon friends. So much of the park is about other characters like princesses and Pirates ( I love the all tho.) I love the fact that this little part of the park is cartoonish and very much Mickey Mouse. The way little kids see him, the way I see him, as an adult I love going there and walking and playing around the little houses and cars and other cartoonish looking props. My family always makes a oint to go to Toontown for alittle while.

• formerly very helpful

That's an amazing video. Do you have any control over your honey pot, or is it all controled by the attraction itself?

• I'm a Lutheran

Tear out Jumpin' Jellyfish and redesign it as Chip and Dale's Treehouse. Instant new attraction. Put in the unused Duck Bumps attraction as a part of Donald's Boat. Do something with Goofy's house and the surrounding area. Rid of Captain EO from the park and replace the Magic Eye with an actual attraction. Put PhilharMagic in somewhere near Car Toon Spin. Instant new Toontown.

Believe it or not a Pooh dark ride was originally in the works for Toontown.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12