Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Pressed Pennies

Who among us collects those?

When I lived in Anaheim (about 5 min from the park), I used to sometimes use my AP just to go to the park & get any and all new designs that came about. But now that I live on the East coast, whenever I head out there to go to DL, it gets harder to justify spending all that time hunting down new designs and/or machine locations.

Anyways, does anyone have any favorite coin designs that they've collected over the years?

Re: Disneyland Pressed Pennies

I collect them, I have one book filled so far from our trip in Feb. I only have 2 of the quarters but I plan to get more during our next visit (hopefully in sept).

I dont have a current favorite exactly, but I prefer the attraction related ones over plain characters.

My son collects them. We found quite a few in Disneyland, but only 1 machine in DCA. I can see the new areas not having them yet, but we couldn't find them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
    I collect them, I have one book filled so far from our trip in Feb. I only have 2 of the quarters but I plan to get more during our next visit (hopefully in sept).

I dont have a current favorite exactly, but I prefer the attraction related ones over plain characters.
    The pressed quarters are pretty cool.

My favorites include the Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion.

We bought M&M holders and emptied and filled w/ 2 qtrs/1penny - enough times for 15 penny presses or so for our 3 kids. I was disappointed they didn't have 1 in carsland. I think we go them on Buena Vista St. I can't remember. Toontown only had the dime or qtr ones.

• Down Pluto!

My wife collects them, and so when I spent two weeks at DL for the 50th - I got her the entire collection of 50 pressed pennies , one for each year.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I USED to... until my GF took up the hobby for me. She's now obsessed, which is great since I was starting to realize exactly how much money I had been putting into it. She has almost a book full. She still hands me the penny, dime or quarter after it's just been pressed so I can feel the heat, which was one of my favorite parts about collecting it before. Every trip (about twice a month) we get at least two or three and hunt for new machines. There used to be a LOT in the Penny Arcade... now they're ALL gone. She was so depressed going into the now expanded candy store to find her machines weren't there anymore. We've thought about going to City Hall to ask for a location map of all the machines but that kinda sounds implausible... but then again, it is Disneyland and I'm sure they know where everything is somehow!

I'm hoping there'll be a new map online with all current machines before I go - and I prefer the ride ones
    Not so patiently waiting for Disneyland Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by SeptemberJoy View Post
    I'm hoping there'll be a new map online with all current machines before I go - and I prefer the ride ones
    Not really relevant to the pennies, but I just noticed, you're also waiting eagerly for Disneyland Australia, you also have Meezies, and you're also about to go to Disneyland! (me too on all three, but my trip is in just over two weeks now, yay!)

Edited to add: four fronts, as we're both in Melbourne!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

my most recent ex used to

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

My youngest collects them. I don't know exactly how many she has because some are in storage from a recent move, so she started another book. Most of hers are from Disneyland, but she has a few from other places in CA and HI.

There is an iPhone app that will tell you which machines there are at Disneyland, sorted by land.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post
    Not really relevant to the pennies, but I just noticed, you're also waiting eagerly for Disneyland Australia, you also have Meezies, and you're also about to go to Disneyland! (me too on all three, but my trip is in just over two weeks now, yay!)

Edited to add: four fronts, as we're both in Melbourne!
    Awesome on all fronts Hope you have a magical time! We're leaving in just over 3 but planning to go to San Francisco first. If we ever get Disney AU we'll have to have a meet lol.

Going to have a hunt for that iphone app now.
    Not so patiently waiting for Disneyland Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by SeptemberJoy View Post
    Awesome on all fronts Hope you have a magical time! We're leaving in just over 3 but planning to go to San Francisco first. If we ever get Disney AU we'll have to have a meet lol.

Going to have a hunt for that iphone app now.
    Hope you have a magical time too!

Do you think it would help if we wrote to them and begged?? I want an Australian Disneyland SO BAD!

I only have one. It has a 4 leaf clover and "My Lucky Penny" pressed on it!
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRacingNut View Post
    hunting down new designs and/or machine locations.
    My Dad could not find a few of them one time and he went to Cityhall and they were able to tell him where everything was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast