Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will there ever be a better system for Fantasmic crowds?

Disney was awfully smart making a viewing area for WOC after seeing what happened with Fantasmic.
    I guess they weren't aware back in '92 that F! would be quite so popular and last this long

I realize there's not much they can do to create a seating/standing area at this point but maybe there's a way they could improve it in the future.

People trying to get across the New Orleans walkway during Fantasmic is a mess.
    CM's pointing in every direction with flashing cones, trying to direct the masses.
    A wimpy little rope that attempts to separate the viewers from the passerby...

Who has an idea of what they could do to create more room/a better system for Fantasmic viewing?
    Or is it too late?
    Thoughts?

• Minion

Re: Will there ever be a better system for Fantasmic crowds?

They should make an alternate exit at Critter Country to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.

I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Caribbean movie premiere used the same area and held way more people, of course they brought in extra equipment too

• Banned User

They shouldn't allow people to wait for the show until 30 minutes prior to start. I think that would solve a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by flickor View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Caribbean movie premiere used the same area and held way more people, of course they brought in extra equipment too
    extra equipment? how about an entire theater... haha

Name:  pirates-premiere-disneyland-john-brown-disney.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  45.9 KB

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    They shouldn't allow people to wait for the show until 30 minutes prior to start. I think that would solve a lot of issues.
    even an hour before would be better then it is, but this needs to be the norm on parades and fireworks too
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

I have no problem with people waiting however long they want to before the show. If they want to waste a big chunk of their day sitting there, more power to them. As long as they relinquish whatever space they are occupying that they don't need as soon as the rest of their party arrives, I have no problem with it. It is those low-lifes who try to excessively take up more space that is necessary to the discomfort of others that I have an issue with.

What they need to do is come up with an alternate way to exit from Fantasmic. Critter Country was metioned above. Another way would be to create a corridor behind Main Street to the front gate. That way there isn't as much of a blending of the Fantasmic and fireworks crowds.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• One More Day

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    The only thing I see about that is there will be those people that wait at the ropes (waiting, queued or otherwise like WoC) and that would cause an even bigger traffic jam rather them being in a spot that we can at least walk around if we want to get to other places like HM or Splash. That area imho was just not built for it and it seems that is the best Disney can do when it comes to that particular show.

• Embrace the kitsch!

I'm probably going to get killed for this, but what if they...

...go back to having F! be a summer only event, so the crowding will be limited to certain days?

OR

...change the pricing structure to discourage people from using DL as an after school/work hangout?

Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post

...go back to having F! be a summer only event, so the crowding will be limited to certain days?

OR

...change the pricing structure to discourage people from using DL as an after school/work hangout?

Agreed! I'm a little torn, since I feel that Fantasmic! is the best show Disney theme parks has ever, EVER produced.
    However, the area just cannot handle the massive crowds that come with it, and the evening ambiance and charm of NOS is just completely destroyed as a result.

For that matter, I feel the same way about the fireworks, which result in the Hub being wall to wall crowds, nearly impossible to navigate, and most of Fantasyland being shut down for much of the night.

I know they are so crowded every night because they are fantastic shows, but it gets to be too much for me.

OR

Ohhh boy do I disgree It's easily one of my top favorite things at the park, and I would just be devastated if it were a summer only event ((

• Minion

OR

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    Ohhh boy do I disgree It's easily one of my top favorite things at the park, and I would just be devastated if it were a summer only event ((
    As a guest that only goes during the "non-busy" season I would hate for them to make Fantasmic summer only. Like the next trip for me is going to be in mid September... probably the first weekend Halloween stuff is open.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

A little off topic, but does Fantasmic run every night in October? I have never seen it before, and am really hoping to on this trip.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I like the idea of an exit in Critter Country. I have been in the middle of the crowd exiting after the show. We were directed backstage on Main Street one time - which was a treat, but not good for every time as it is a castmember locker station. The way it is now with a narrow Adventureland and into Frontierland is how it is. Limited seating? Tickets only? FastPass or no entry? I'm not sure what the answer would be.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

How about if F! was moved to the other side of the ROA? Set up a big seating area by Big Thunder Ranch and distribute fastpasses like WOC....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast