• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

Main Street Sketch Artists - Pricing

I recently saw this video on the DisneyParks Blog, and I was wondering if anyone knows the typical price range to have a custom sketch completed by one of these talented artists.

Thank you in advance!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Main Street Sketch Artists - Pricing

They have the Artists over at Off the Page in DCA as well. You can select a character and have them customize it if you wish a certain color clothing, etc. I am sorry I do not have the pricing for them.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Disney Fan 4 Life

This is not current, as it is from 2001. I imagine if you called and spoke to the parks you might get a more updated pricing.

"At Off the Page shop in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot district. Visitors can watch a Disney artist at work, and take home a customized 8-inch by 11-inch sketch. Each artist has a portfolio of approved character designs, and each sketch can include up to four different characters. The selection includes Tinkerbell, Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie in a variety of poses, Maleficent, Belle and Beast, Sorcerer Mickey, the Cheshire Cat, and many others. Single-character sketches run $35, with second and third character added for $15 each, and can be personalized to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or special occasion."
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Our family has a dozen or so of these. The last one we bought was in August of last year and it cost around $35 and it has been that price for a while now. The price does go up if you want more than one character or if you want more than two colors. For example we have Donald and Daisy from Fantasia, if I recall that one cost $60. One suggestion, if you are not sure what colors you want, ask the artist. They usually know what colors look good for each character.

• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

This is great! I'll be sure to get one in the near future.

Thank you both!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wow....going to have to get one of this when I'm in the parks next week....how long do they take to do..hours or days?

• Minion

Would anyone be willing to post a scan of their customized picture? I'm actually interested in getting one now to display, but only if I can get something that wouldn't be found online.

The length of time really depends upon how many orders they have for the day. We have had a couple that we actually waited around and watched the artist draw. We have had others that we had to pick up before leaving the park at night. I advise you to check in early to place your order. We did have one time that they worked booked for the day.

I don't have any pics of mine available right now, but I can pretty much assure you won't find these online. There are so many characters available and you can truly costumize the colors and what it says. For example, we have a Kuzco that is brown and black that reads "Bad Llama". Our Donald and Daisy has our 10th anniversary date on it. Also, each artist adds their own bit of pizazz and style to the character that just makes it a little different.