Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Why don't they connect Critter County to make a loop?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    As much as i'd like it....im kinda glad its not there...Splash after dark NEVER a line...Pooh almost ever has a line either

Let the tried and lazy stay near the hub..more for me
    Exactly!

Also I think it doesn't have a line because people are afraid of getting wet after dark or something? Because if you go to Grizzly River Run after the sun sets there is never a line either. Even if it is still really hot out.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Exactly!

Also I think it doesn't have a line because people are afraid of getting wet after dark or something? Because if you go to Grizzly River Run after the sun sets there is never a line either. Even if it is still really hot out.
    I love Splash Mountain... But I haven't been on in years, since I go in the off-season. There is no way I'm getting wet when it's cold! Even when it's hot, we usually save Splash Mountain until right before we head back to the hotel.m
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Photographer-In-Training

Ok, when I read this and I saw make a loop I thought you meant a loop like on Screamin'. :P
    -Carter P.

Quote Originally Posted by PressPersily View Post
    Ok, when I read this and I saw make a loop I thought you meant a loop like on Screamin'. :P
    bahahhaahaha. that doesn't even make sense, but it made me laugh

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    I love Splash Mountain... But I haven't been on in years, since I go in the off-season. There is no way I'm getting wet when it's cold! Even when it's hot, we usually save Splash Mountain until right before we head back to the hotel.m
    oh, to me, all year is hot during the day.. I live in Seattle area and we rarely ever get warm let alone in the 80s or above.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    believe me, if properly rearranged, there is plenty of room backstage
    Yes there is plenty of room to go around the back. Pooh, Hungry Bear and the Railroad present no problems with the amount of backstage room available.

Back stage operations can be easily moved. The reason is few have to be where they are and if thier space can be changed to retail or dining voila more money will be made.

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    maybe with a frontierland expansion they'd think about it. don't really see it happening anytime soon though...
    This is the big reason why it isn't happening. They won't just build a long trail with nothing along it. When attraction expansion demands the use of the area the expanded trail will appear.

• Minion

They should just build a nice simple trail walkway to loop it lol very clean and cheap until something greater. By the way I was On my way to dlr last trip and saw vertical steel through the back stage gate are they building a new building already, they could be in the process of rearranging already

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes there is plenty of room to go around the back. Pooh, Hungry Bear and the Railroad present no problems with the amount of backstage room available.

Back stage operations can be easily moved. The reason is few have to be where they are and if thier space can be changed to retail or dining voila more money will be made.

This is the big reason why it isn't happening. They won't just build a long trail with nothing along it. When attraction expansion demands the use of the area the expanded trail will appear.
    exactly

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

There's simply not enough room. Most of those areas behind the railroad tracks are needed backstage space. Also if there were a path what would you look at? It would seem rather dull to me.
    Jeff Wayne

• -

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    The biggest obstacle isn't relocating support buildings as there is enough room for a small trail path.
    A small path would be a big mistake. Look how crowded Adventureland and Tomorrowland get with their bottleneck areas. The path should be wide enough to allow for easy travel.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    What they have talked about is draining the river and building "caves", really tunnels, which guests can use to access the island, and which would allow one to walk in a relatively straight line from Splash Mountain to the Frontierland expansion without walking around the river. Would they do this? Well, they wouldn't need to run the rafts anymore, thus freeing the river up for other types of river craft/attractions if they so choose, and more people could experience the island.
    I wouldn’t like this at all. Part of the charm of the Island is that it is away from everything and one has to take a boat to get there. It is its own little world. If it were suddenly connected to the mainland, it would feel like any other land in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The stuff back there can easily be moved. The problem is finding somewhere to move it. Space is already at a premium at the resort moving their support buildings to open one area may have a negative impact on expanding in another.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    A small path would be a big mistake. Look how crowded Adventureland and Tomorrowland get with their bottleneck areas. The path should be wide enough to allow for easy travel.

I wouldn’t like this at all. Part of the charm of the Island is that it is away from everything and one has to take a boat to get there. It is its own little world. If it were suddenly connected to the mainland, it would feel like any other land in the park.

The stuff back there can easily be moved. The problem is finding somewhere to move it. Space is already at a premium at the resort moving their support buildings to open one area may have a negative impact on expanding in another.
    theres a small parking lot behind mickey and friends, move it there. its hardly ever used

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• No Title for you

I'd go for this if just to reduce traffic from one side of the park to other during Fantasmic it would really help get from Critter Country to Frontierland (or any part of the park there after) and vice-verse. True this doesn't take into account view's; however, one of my favorite things in DCA is the back trail through Grizzly (save for the smoking area) where there's not a whole lot going on. Sometimes a nice low-key walking path that's pleasant to go through is a good 'calm' of a day and can mellow things out by slowing things down (in a good way). Again I know this doesn't account for all the logistics, just saying I like the idea; let the Imagineers tackle the logistics
    Just another DL fan

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Because we could all use a little exercize , there is nothing wrong other then a little foot trafic congestion
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• some assembly required

If it was a small path that followed the RR tracks from CC to Toontown, the bottle neck issue wouldn't occur. Why? There would be nothing to see aside from forest-like views, and the backside of TSI. The bottle neck occurs in AL in that small-ish walkway b/c of the 3 E tickets in quick series, TTH, TR and retail on the other side of the walkway.

On a busy day, I find there is the least amount of congestion on the walkway between BTMRR and Fantasyland for almost the same reason the small path wouldn't have any behind ROA (as an example).

This "little" path (from what I can see, it would be about 12-18 feet wide) would work well as said above, as a quiet spot for guests and a throughfare for others. I think the views back there would be worderful!

But in the end, there is no point in doing it now if there is going to be a frontierland expansion.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    If it was a small path that followed the RR tracks from CC to Toontown, the bottle neck issue wouldn't occur. Why? There would be nothing to see aside from forest-like views, and the backside of TSI. The bottle neck occurs in AL in that small-ish walkway b/c of the 3 E tickets in quick series, TTH, TR and retail on the other side of the walkway.
    A bottle neck can occur anytime a crowd is forced from an open area into a more narrow one. Most people don't know how to merge and don't have the common courtesy to let others in... and those are just the conditions if the crowd is moving. One also has to take into account those that would stop to talk on their cell phones or just randomly stop for other reasons in the middle of a crowded walkway.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast