Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Why don't they connect Critter County to make a loop?

What exactly do u mean by "loop". I'm confused.

• Minion

a walkway from critter country to frontierland around the back side of ROA, making it so CC isn't a dead end
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Why wouldn't it be as simple as putting in a path? You could easily put in a narrow river walk from the Hungry Bear to Big Thunder Ranch, following the water's edge inside the train tracks. There would probably be some great photo spots along the way.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.81377...02411&t=h&z=19
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    A bottle neck can occur anytime a crowd is forced from an open area into a more narrow one. Most people don't know how to merge and don't have the common courtesy to let others in... and those are just the conditions if the crowd is moving. One also has to take into account those that would stop to talk on their cell phones or just randomly stop for other reasons in the middle of a crowded walkway.
    You just decribed why general bottlenecking occurs in many parts of the park.

As for not knowing how to merge and being rude, most (not all) aren't being rude or ignorant, they are taking in the sights of AL, they are trying to find their way thru an area that has too small of a path for the number of attractions. For the ones who are being rude and ignorant on the skills of operating a stroller and not knowing how to merge, it is magnified by the surroundings. So it is the environment, and not a small-ish path. I am pretty sure if there was ONLY a half dozen vending carts, and nothing else marked on the map, it would look like the BTMRR-Fantasyland path (again, as an example of a connection path that has less use than a main drag like AL).

The easiest solution is to build 2 tunnels under the ROA (barely deep or wide at all - The queue line at Indy is WAY longer) - one leading from somewhere back in CC to TSI, then the option to either explore TSI or continue over to Frontierland somewhere about where the rainbow caverns train tunnel still is outside the BTMRR exit. It would obviously have to be closed or blocked off (ie no leaving the trail) on TSI during Fantasmic preparations.

That way, the poor unfortunate souls who have just gotten off Splash Mountain and now want to go to Fantasyland will have an almost "As the crow flies" route.to Fantasyland. And it would also solve the "boat issue" with TSI...many times I've walked by thinking "hmmm, I'd like to take a look around over there" only to look at the boat line and go do something else.

At any rate, TSI is severely underused space right now. I know they need a Fantasmic prep area, but I've always felt like that corner with the ROA could be put to use better than as window dressing for a mildly entertaining but dated boat ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Why wouldn't it be as simple as putting in a path? You could easily put in a narrow river walk from the Hungry Bear to Big Thunder Ranch, following the water's edge inside the train tracks. There would probably be some great photo spots along the way.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.81377...02411&t=h&z=19
    well, for one, the ground isn't flat, and there are AAs all along that route

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stradamati View Post
    The easiest solution is to build 2 tunnels under the ROA (barely deep or wide at all - The queue line at Indy is WAY longer) - one leading from somewhere back in CC to TSI, then the option to either explore TSI or continue over to Frontierland somewhere about where the rainbow caverns train tunnel still is outside the BTMRR exit. It would obviously have to be closed or blocked off (ie no leaving the trail) on TSI during Fantasmic preparations.

That way, the poor unfortunate souls who have just gotten off Splash Mountain and now want to go to Fantasyland will have an almost "As the crow flies" route.to Fantasyland. And it would also solve the "boat issue" with TSI...many times I've walked by thinking "hmmm, I'd like to take a look around over there" only to look at the boat line and go do something else.

At any rate, TSI is severely underused space right now. I know they need a Fantasmic prep area, but I've always felt like that corner with the ROA could be put to use better than as window dressing for a mildly entertaining but dated boat ride.
    I extremely disagree as to it being only mildly entertaining and dated
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The stuff back there can easily be moved. The problem is finding somewhere to move it. Space is already at a premium at the resort moving their support buildings to open one area may have a negative impact on expanding in another.

Space is only at a premium when considered in an exagerated way. A lot of stuff back there is in long term storage. It could be stored up the street. A lot of warehouses are holding inventory, the warehouses could be up the street. A lot of delieveries are recieved back stage. Receiving could be up the street. CM parking and costuming could be up the street. TDA could be up the street. The list goes on and on. Few things are back stage that couldn't be done remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    I'm sure there's a good reason, but just wondering:

Why can't they make Critter County connect somehow to the other side of the park? Or have a bridge across the Rivers of America? Seems like it would be a lot easier walking from Critter County to Tomorrowland if there were some sort of connector implemented.

Thoughts?
    Tony Baxter has talked about wanting to connect Critter Country with the back side of Frontierland for about as long as I can remember over the last 20 years or so that he's spoken at fan gatherings that I've gone to. I suspect that when they do the big Frontierland expansion, it could very likely happen.

As far as connection Critter Country directly to Tomorrowland, there are a few reasons that would be impractical. One can always hop on the steam train in Frontierland and take to to Tomorrowland, anyway.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Space is only at a premium when considered in an exagerated way. A lot of stuff back there is in long term storage. It could be stored up the street. A lot of warehouses are holding inventory, the warehouses could be up the street. A lot of delieveries are recieved back stage. Receiving could be up the street. CM parking and costuming could be up the street. TDA could be up the street. The list goes on and on. Few things are back stage that couldn't be done remotely.
    what about the roundhouses, parade building, and costuming has to be backstage, the mill, castmember restaurant, cycle shop, animation shop (where they spruce up animatronics and the taxidermy dead critters for the grand canyon that need some work)?

I do agree about TDA, and from what I understand the merch warehouse already is offsite, its like being in the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. It makes the parade building look like its younger cousin. I do think they could get away with having holiday and old floats being stored at an offsite storage and when the holidays come swap which floats are in which building. Especially if they want to bring MSEP back to DL. Oh, and the building they have classes in for the CPs could also be offsite. For more info on this I refer you to Micecast episode #76 the two hosts are current and former security guards
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

A simple solution would be to theme it to a bear cave in critter country, maybe including some country bear references then slowly transition it to a gold mine as it works its way underground along the backside of the rivers of america, perhaps even having a few small cave-ins that allow you to look out on the river and see the boats go by and all.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

It may have been said, but lots of that area behind Pooh is used for Fantasmic storage.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123