Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why don't they connect Critter County to make a loop?

I'm sure there's a good reason, but just wondering:

Why can't they make Critter County connect somehow to the other side of the park?
    Or have a bridge across the Rivers of America? Seems like it would be a lot easier walking from Critter County to Tomorrowland if there were some sort of connector implemented.

I'm all for people getting exercise and walking, but there's got to be a reason this doesn't already exist.
    Thoughts?

• Minion

Re: Why don't they connect Critter County to make a loop?

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    I'm sure there's a good reason, but just wondering:

Why can't they make Critter County connect somehow to the other side of the park?
    Or have a bridge across the Rivers of America? Seems like it would be a lot easier walking from Critter County to Tomorrowland if there were some sort of connector implemented.

I'm all for people getting exercise and walking, but there's got to be a reason this doesn't already exist.
    Thoughts?
    firstly, you can take the train, secondly a bridge to TSI is not very feasible because of all the river traffic.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

The train takes FOREVER! It is quicker to walk. I must admit, on day trips I don't make it past Pirates. Not enough time to trek all the way out there for Splash.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• formerly very helpful

I think there has been talk about doing this, but I don't know how seriously. It would cut into their backstage area, and probably wouldn't give them enough financial payback for their investment. I'm just guessing there.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I think there has been talk about doing this, but I don't know how seriously. It would cut into their backstage area, and probably wouldn't give them enough financial payback for their investment. I'm just guessing there.
    Exactly. There really isn't any room for it.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

As much as i'd like it....im kinda glad its not there...Splash after dark NEVER a line...Pooh almost ever has a line either

Let the tried and lazy stay near the hub..more for me

• Kungaloosh!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    The train takes FOREVER! It is quicker to walk. I must admit, on day trips I don't make it past Pirates. Not enough time to trek all the way out there for Splash.
    Try walking from Splash to Space over at the Magic Kingdom in WDW!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by KevRus View Post
    Try walking from Splash to Space over at the Magic Kingdom in WDW!
    It's not that bad. Now try walking from one park to another on the East Coast.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Exactly. There really isn't any room for it.
    believe me, if properly rearranged, there is plenty of room backstage

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

i think there is long term hope of doing this, but it won't happen anytime soon. First off, it would have to be a path from Hungry Bear to the Festival Arena. Which will take quite some time to develop. Also, even though it would connect, it would probably take longer then just turning around. That AND it would have to somehow bypass the train track.

maybe with a frontierland expansion they'd think about it. don't really see it happening anytime soon though...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    believe me, if properly rearranged, there is plenty of room backstage
    I was looking at the area on Google Earth. There are tons of support buildings they would have to relocate for this. There would also have to be enough room tho move these somewhere else, too. It's not as simple as just putting in a path.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    i think there is long term hope of doing this, but it won't happen anytime soon. First off, it would have to be a path from Hungry Bear to the Festival Arena. Which will take quite some time to develop. Also, even though it would connect, it would probably take longer then just turning around. That AND it would have to somehow bypass the train track.
    hmmm maybe put a mountain to connect?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I was looking at the area on Google Earth. There are tons of support buildings they would have to relocate for this. There would also have to be enough room tho move these somewhere else, too. It's not as simple as just putting in a path.

The biggest obstacle isn't relocating support buildings as there is enough room for a small trail path. If they do the Frontierland expansion (which is getting a lot of attention), then the area between the old Festival of Fools and the river will be utilized, thus making a smaller amount of trail which would need to be built.

The "deal breaker" is Hungry Bear and Pooh. You'd have to demolish one of those, probably not going to happen.

What they have talked about is draining the river and building "caves", really tunnels, which guests can use to access the island, and which would allow one to walk in a relatively straight line from Splash Mountain to the Frontierland expansion without walking around the river. Would they do this? Well, they wouldn't need to run the rafts anymore, thus freeing the river up for other types of river craft/attractions if they so choose, and more people could experience the island.

Instead of signs marking the "Raft to Tom Sawyer Island", guests would be looking for the "Cave to Tom Sawyer's Island." I'm sure they'll put in a backstory about how Tom and Huck were looking for pirate treasure and discovered a cave system which lead them to their favorite island. One cave would be where the rafts launch, and the other would be way north, and would connect close to the area where the new Frontierland train station would go, supposedly they came close to pulling the trigger when they did the Pirate's Lair on TSI.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    The biggest obstacle isn't relocating support buildings as there is enough room for a small trail path. If they do the Frontierland expansion (which is getting a lot of attention), then the area between the old Festival of Fools and the river will be utilized, thus making a smaller amount of trail which would need to be built.

The "deal breaker" is Hungry Bear and Pooh. You'd have to demolish one of those, probably not going to happen.

What they have talked about is draining the river and building "caves", really tunnels, which guests can use to access the island, and which would allow one to walk in a relatively straight line from Splash Mountain to the Frontierland expansion without walking around the river. Would they do this? Well, they wouldn't need to run the rafts anymore, thus freeing the river up for other types of river craft/attractions if they so choose, and more people could experience the island.

Instead of signs marking the "Raft to Tom Sawyer Island", guests would be looking for the "Cave to Tom Sawyer's Island." I'm sure they'll put in a backstory about how Tom and Huck were looking for pirate treasure and discovered a cave system which lead them to their favorite island. One cave would be where the rafts launch, and the other would be way north, and would connect close to the area where the new Frontierland train station would go, supposedly they came close to pulling the trigger when they did the Pirate's Lair on TSI.
    or they can say it was Jean lafitte's cave to bring his treasure from the island to his mansion and it was later discovered by tom and huck who used it to sneak onto the island instead of using rafts and being caught by river men

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast