Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does WDI read and consider our ideas and suggestions?

That is the correct.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Rock Star Minion

I think MiceChat should post some legal notice that renders any idea posted here part of the public domain, and Disney can use any of them for free.
    Then Disney could use the ideas and not worry about losing some lawsuit claiming that it stole the idea from some random poster on the internet.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I would like thank all of you here for the comments and answers. You are very friendly and nice people.

I know I am goona look like dumb, but I do not know how to make multiple quotes. So, I am gonna make my comments.

I am on my studies break this week and I am not so busy in the last couple of days. That said, I decided to think on ideas do make DLR better and improved. I am gonna share my idea, mainly because I think Disney will never use a similar one. Also, I would like to know what you think of what I created. Everything is still very shallow, I only have an overrall idea.

As soon as possible, I am gonna create a thread. I hope you enjoy.

Hugs and thank you so much for your attention.

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I think MiceChat should post some legal notice that renders any idea posted here part of the public domain, and Disney can use any of them for free.
    Then Disney could use the ideas and not worry about losing some lawsuit claiming that it stole the idea from some random poster on the internet.
    I totally agree.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeekBrazil View Post
    I was wondering if WDI even read or take our ideas in consideration. Some ideas are very very good indeed.
    As others have posted, Disney's policy is to not read unsolicited submissions, regardless of the source or permissions offered, unless submitted by a licensed agency or management company. They're not unique in that regard; the same policy is followed by virtually every business that deals in intellectual properties.

Disney does, however, regularly read (and regularly shill) this site and other social media sites for PR and other purposes.

By way of background, discussion on this topic goes back to the early months of MiceChat, in threads including:
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    As others have posted, Disney's policy is to not read unsolicited submissions, regardless of the source or permissions offered, unless submitted by a licensed agency or management company. They're not unique in that regard; the same policy is followed by virtually every business that deals in intellectual properties.

Disney does, however, regularly read (and regularly shill) this site and other social media sites for PR and other purposes.

By way of background, discussion on this topic goes back to the early months of MiceChat, in threads including:
    I am so sorry for having creating this useless thread. I looked up about this information, but I haven't found. Please, feel free, to delete or block my thread if it is gonna be better for the forum. Also, forgive me for the incovenience. Hugs.

• Forgotten Spirit

You'd be surprised at who reads this website, I know of a certain...master..that comes here often.

• Minion

I am so sorry for having creating this useless thread. I looked up about this information, but I haven't found. Please, feel free, to delete or block my thread if it is gonna be better for the forum. Also, forgive me for the incovenience. Hugs.
    Don't worry about what mr wiggins said lol, this is always a fun topic to think about. there are some things that shouldn't be brought up 5 times in a week, but once a year is ok to me
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Senior Minion

There is no apology necessary: your thread is not an inconvenience, nor is it useless. As I said in my post, the previous threads were cited "by way of background" -- they are meant to contribute additional information to the discussion, and are not a criticism of your thread.

- Neil Gabler

Guys, how can I post pictures on a thread?

• Artistic integrity

Micechat encourages “Idea” topics … as it’s is in the drop-list for “title” when starting a new thread. And as it’s only a matter of time this topic is forgotten. And I wonder about those future “Idea” topics, (and there are always a lot of them), and people forget their idea is not going to be reviewed and considered by the company. I just wonder if the drop-list for thread title may possibly, someday, make a slight modification, so people don’t get their hopes up, and think the company will hear it, consider, and implement it.

The current drop list goes like this:

Trip Report
    Question
    Chat
    Rumor
    News
    Video
    Fun
    Other
    Game
    Pictures
    Review
    Idea

What if "idea" is dropped, and "other" could be used. So that way, "Ideas" are not directly encouraged .. but not discouraged either.

Just a way to subtly remind folks ... anything their fertile imaginations come up with .. only go as far as Micechat itself, and not outside it's berm.

• Senior Minion

Guys, how can I post pictures on a thread?
    Information and rules on attaching images is here.

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Information and rules on attaching images is here.
    Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Good Idea, but that would then add to the liability to the site owners and I'm pretty sure they don't want to take that responsibility.

Disneygeekbrazil, Don't worry about this thread. Its been at least two years since I've seen a thread relating to the same subject. It's nice to have a good refresher.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12