View Poll Results: What Frontierland Expansion E-Ticket Ride(s) Would U Most Like o See?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lone Ranger Indoor/Outdoor Ride (Similar To Radiator Springs Racers)

21 27.27%
  • Lone Ranger Outdoor Coaster

5 6.49%
  • Lone Ranger Indoor Ride With Elements SimilarTo RSR, Indy and Pirates

24 31.17%
  • Pecos Bill Folklore Indoor/Outdoor Ride (Similar To Radiator Springs Racers)

10 12.99%
  • Pecos Bill/Slue-Foot Sue/John Henry Folklore Outdoor Coaster

1 1.30%
  • Pecos Bill/Slue-Foot Sue/John Henry Folklore

3 3.90%
  • Indoor Ride With Elements SimilarTo RSR, Indy and Pirates

16 20.78%
  • Wild West Ride Featuring Shootout Between Anamatron Sheriff Jay Rasulo and Outlaw Lindsay Lohan

5 6.49%
  • Other

14 18.18%
  • None - I Hate the Old West and All Thom Thar Grungy Cowpersons

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Westerns. Yuck
    Depp. Yuck.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Westerns. Yuck
    Depp. Yuck.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.
    Whatever E-Ticket WDI creates for Frontierland, it should earn big yucks....I mean bucks for Disney.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

^^the title of the thread mentions Lone Ranger and Frontierland, but you still decided to view it and post.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• AKA - DisneyChris

Love the western town sets - very fun - would like to see some of that flavor come back to Frontierland.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    ^^the title of the thread mentions Lone Ranger and Frontierland, but you still decided to view it and post.
    And participated in the poll!
    Last edited by doppio; 07-06-2012 at 11:55 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Well that aside, I answered your question as to Tont's tribe, and posted the additional set pics that you requested. That is a big multi million dolla set that they built in New Mexico out in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Love the western town sets - very fun - would like to see some of that flavor come back to Frontierland.
    Yes indeed. They created a pretty authentic looking Western town. It will be fun to look fo watch for everything in these set pics when we watch the film!

The town area could use some big thematic improvements. Perhaps I'll leave a suggestion with management upon my next visit.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Some information on these photos in particular...

We just took a tour of Monument Valley, Utah yesterday afternoon, and our Native American tour guide mentioned that the Lone Ranger had recently filmed there. When we expressed interest, he took us to some of the places that were filmed for the movie, which I recognize from the photos above. He also took us to the top of a cliff in the Valley where "a very dramatic scene" happened, but that he wouldn't spoil for us... so keep an eye out for a cliff when watching the movie.

Also, the horse that Johnny is riding in the last picture is mechanical. Our tour guide told us that he and some other Navajo were watching the filming, and found the idea that Johnny didn't know how to ride a real horse so amusing that they had to stop themselves from laughing during the filming. At one point, the "horse" bucked so hard that Johnny fell and broke several ribs, which required a helicopter to fly in (Monument Valley has no paved roads) and ended up delaying filming for two weeks. Our guide said it was hard to watch and that it made him feel bad for laughing, lol.
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 07-07-2012 at 12:43 AM.

so filming is taking place in Utah and ​New Mexico?
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Also, the horse that Johnny is riding in the last picture is mechanical. Our tour guide told us that he and some other Navajo were watching the filming, and found the idea that Johnny didn't know how to ride a real horse so amusing that they had to stop themselves from laughing during the filming.
    heh...heh..

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Well that aside, I answered your question as to Tont's tribe, and posted the additional set pics that you requested. That is a big multi million dolla set that they built in New Mexico out in the middle of nowhere.

Yes indeed. They created a pretty authentic looking Western town. It will be fun to look fo watch for everything in these set pics when we watch the film!

The town area could use some big thematic improvements. Perhaps I'll leave a suggestion with management upon my next visit.
    the comment was not toward you.

Is there a train station? Pics please if there is one

• Merry 2014!

I am glad to see Mr. Depp in something, hopefully, not quite so quirky. I like the more realistic costumes too. As for the ride, something with Pecos Bill would be great as long as it is fun and detailed and the whole family can ride.

LTNS Ride Warrior! :hug:
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Some information on these photos in particular...

We just took a tour of Monument Valley, Utah yesterday afternoon, and our Native American tour guide mentioned that the Lone Ranger had recently filmed there. When we expressed interest, he took us to some of the places that were filmed for the movie, which I recognize from the photos above. He also took us to the top of a cliff in the Valley where "a very dramatic scene" happened, but that he wouldn't spoil for us... so keep an eye out for a cliff when watching the movie..
    Glad the pix I posted helped to familiarize you with the area in Ornament Valley Utah ehere they were shot, Mark Twain. When you see the forthcoming film, your experience should tremendously enrichined thru your viewing of scenes (with a guide) in conjunction with the pix in this thread. That must be one high/steep cliff.

Also, the horse that Johnny is riding in the last picture is mechanical. Our tour guide told us that he and some other Navajo were watching the filming, and found the idea that Johnny didn't know how to ride a real horse so amusing that they had to stop themselves from laughing during the filming. At one point, the "horse" bucked so hard that Johnny fell and broke several ribs, which required a helicopter to fly in (Monument Valley has no paved roads) and ended up delaying filming for two weeks. Our guide said it was hard to watch and that it made him feel bad for laughing, lol.
    Google Image Result for http://www.theprovince.com/5575515.bin

That's pretty funny that he has "saddled-up" a mechanical horse. I glad that he's alright.

In the article above, Depp spoke of his strong bond with "Scout", the horse's name. He feels the Horse softened his fall by instinctively reacting to lessen the impact when he hit the ground. Johnny has rode horsed on various occasions in films, and has had a few other spills, but this is by far the worst - the closest to being seriously crushed. Thank God Scout stepped over him.

Johnny believes the strong bond he forged with the creature made it react instinctively to ensure his fall wasn't as bad as it could have been.
    Johnny, who plays the Lone Ranger's Native American sidekick Tonto, said, "I'm lucky to be here. I've done a number of films on horseback and I've taken a couple of spills but this was a violent one.

---------- Post added 07-09-2012 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    so filming is taking place in Utah and ​New Mexico?
    Yess indeed....camera shooting, and gun slinger shooting.

Both states offer some gorgeous rugged/natural terrain that is perfect for Westerns. It's amazing when one thinks about the centuries this land has been around.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    I am glad to see Mr. Depp in something, hopefully, not quite so quirky. I like the more realistic costumes too. As for the ride, something with Pecos Bill would be great as long as it is fun and detailed and the whole family can ride.

LTNS Ride Warrior! :hug:
    Although I loved the costumes and humor of Johnnny in mocies like Willy Wonka, the Mad Hatter an (of course) Capn Jack, I would have found him more endearing/entertaining had thes characters also had more rounded out with a serious sence of warmth. His Barnabus Collins portrayal was more along those in parts here and there. I join you in hoping that Tonto will be a more realistic chacter for a change.

A Pecos Bill based E-Ticket would be unique in that Disney has never created a ride based on western folklore. I found Pecos Bill and other books with witty hyperbole fascinting reading as a kid. The short folklore based cartoons Walt Disney made were wonderful. Then again, I've always enjoyed the Lone Ranger, big time!

---------- Post added 07-09-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

the comment was not toward you.

Is there a train station? Pics please if there is one
    IIn addition to New Mexico and Utah, I just found out that production has taken place in Colorado as well.

One would think that there would be a train station, but there are apparently no promo pics of it as of yet. If I come across any in the future, I will post them. In the meantime, here is another set of snapshots; including oe more of the train.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.

A trailer was shown at SDCC, unfortunately it has not appear online yet. It looks like the film will focus on trains. If Disney decides to make a Lone Ranger area in Frontierland, I think it is a must to put in a new DLRR train station. I would be okay if they closed TT station. Since Frontierland lost its station to New Orleans Square, there should be a new one to complete the land's theme.

If there is a train station there and a LR attraction, how would you feel if the ride vehicle for LR was a train? It would mean three separate attractions with trains in the same area. Big Thunder, DL Railroads, and the Lone Ranger (a fourth if you include the near by Casey JR)

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.
    Well said.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast