View Poll Results: What Frontierland Expansion E-Ticket Ride(s) Would U Most Like o See?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lone Ranger Indoor/Outdoor Ride (Similar To Radiator Springs Racers)

21 27.27%
  • Lone Ranger Outdoor Coaster

5 6.49%
  • Lone Ranger Indoor Ride With Elements SimilarTo RSR, Indy and Pirates

24 31.17%
  • Pecos Bill Folklore Indoor/Outdoor Ride (Similar To Radiator Springs Racers)

10 12.99%
  • Pecos Bill/Slue-Foot Sue/John Henry Folklore Outdoor Coaster

1 1.30%
  • Pecos Bill/Slue-Foot Sue/John Henry Folklore

3 3.90%
  • Indoor Ride With Elements SimilarTo RSR, Indy and Pirates

16 20.78%
  • Wild West Ride Featuring Shootout Between Anamatron Sheriff Jay Rasulo and Outlaw Lindsay Lohan

5 6.49%
  • Other

14 18.18%
  • None - I Hate the Old West and All Thom Thar Grungy Cowpersons

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

‘Lone Ranger’ first look: Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer saddle up | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com

With the Lone Ranger film coming to theaters in 2013, my horse is racing along in anticipation at full gallop. Hope you enjoy the movie set photos that I have found. Out of his respect for Native Americans, Johmm Depp has decided that the roles of the Lone Ranger and Tonto will be somewhat reversed, with Tonto (the scarriest looking Depp yet) saddling up as the main hero, and the Lone Ranger (Armie Hammer) assuming the roll of hero/sidekick.

Johnny Depp's "The Lone Ranger" starts filming - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

The Lone Ranger 2013 Free Scenes Leaked - YouTube

"According to Disnney, the film follows 'Native American spirit warrior Tonto [who] recounts the untold ales that transformed Jon Reid (Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice - taking the audience on a unaway train of epic surprises and humorous fiction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption."

With Al Lutz having brought up the coming Fronterland expansion (here: Horsing Around - MiceAge.com ) inclusion of the Circle D Ranch horse stables (currently off stage -beyond the berm), a headliner E-Ticket looks to be in the cards. Rumors of a possible Lone Ranger connected E-Ticket have popped up on blogs, and the end result has me enthusiasticly shouting "Hi O Johnny and Away!" Of course. the E-Ticket might be set to some other theme instead of the Lone Ranger, but this is the one that makes my horse go full gallop.

I'm hoping for a ride that would involve both indoor and outdoor major elements, like Radiator Springs Racers. The vehicles would look like wooden wagons, and mechanically be a cross between ths Indy Jeeps and and RSR cars. They would travel indoors past different wild west scenes such as those involving villianous outlaws, cattle westling, western town scenes, train robbing, Native american Scenes (suvh as a mystic spirit Native American vision), etc. (with both drama, humor, and music, such as PiratesOTC). At one point, your wagon would be chased by bandits and it would fall off a steep cliff (exiting the building) and land (splashdown) in a river (outdoors) - [think, Splash Mountain drop). At this point, your wagon would swiftly be "carried out of control" downstreem (still on tracks, but out of vision, underwater) past all kinds of terrain, animals, plants etc.

If you have a ride idea for a Frontierland E-Ticket involving Lone Ranger or other theming, feel free to describe and/or discuss it.

In the meantime, i hope you enjoy the Lone Ranger movie set photos below:

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

I like your idea! Is there room for such a thing behind our current Frontierland?
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: Hi O Johnny! Lone Ranger Movie Set Photos. Possible Frontierland Ride(s) Poll.

Sounds good to me..... Start up the bulldozers

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I like your idea! Is there room for such a thing behind our current Frontierland?
    Plenty
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• -

I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

In this PC world i don't think we'll ever see a show/movie like the lone ranger done they way it was. People get up in arms about everything. Look at what they've done to disneyland thanks to PC

• Iron-Clad Allie

Plenty, as we are talking about land availability at the backstage Circle D Ranch, plus the onstage (but currently unused) area where the Living Desert and Rainbow Caverns Mine Train of Yesterland used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    Sounds good to me..... Start up the bulldozers. Plenty
    I'm headed to the station to fill the dozers up with fuel right now!

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I really hate when they mess with the source material. I think the Lone Ranger's costume is too dark also.

I am hoping that this will still be a fun type of a film and will envoke a similar feeling to watching Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.
    it is said to have a good dose of humor along with the drama. It should givea good name to the western movie genra again. the producer's cartoon western "Rango" got great boxoffice reviews and attendance. plan on chomping down on a large bag of popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    In this PC world i don't think we'll ever see a show/movie like the lone ranger done they way it was. People get up in arms about everything. Look at what they've done to disneyland thanks to PC
    Johnny Depp is anything but PC. That's a large part of why he's so popular. Native Americans will be portrayed as more multi-dementional beings, that's all. The Navajo that visited the set love Depp. We should expect to see all kinds of good characteristics and flaws in every segment of the western culture that's portrayed in the film, and the ride as well. Any PC critics and troublemakers have the same shoes to get glad in.

• Banned User

What i'm saying is that we will not see a regular Tonto, nomatter who's playing him. It's just not PC.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    What i'm saying is that we will not see a regular Tonto, nomatter who's playing him. It's just not PC.
    Original "Tonto" Jay Silverheels is irreplaceable. Depp has a lot of respect for him. A significant amount of the original actors personnality is bound to come out in Depp's portrayal. In addition, it is not yet clear whether Johnny's Tonto will have a costume change at some point, without the war paint. But, the striped war paint does make for an awesome lethal looking Tonto. Dark shadows' Vampire, Barnabus, (his last role) would likely be scared stiff!

• AKA - DisneyChris

Why isn't Western River Expedition one of the choices? That would be my pick - or does one of those choices fit into that category, could not really be certain. One thing I do know is there should NOT be a roller coaster. NO WAY. BTM is already there. It needs to be an indoor dark ride like pirates, with a western theme.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Why isn't Western River Expedition one of the choices? That would be my pick - or does one of those choices fit into that category, could not really be certain. One thing I do know is there should NOT be a roller coaster. NO WAY. BTM is already there. It needs to be an indoor dark ride like pirates, with a western theme.
    My poll choice, Lone Ranger Indoor/Outdoor Ride (Similar To Radiator Springs Racers is intended to be a combination indoor dark ride and outdoor ride. Another poll choice; Lone Ranger Indoor Ride With Elements Similar To RSR, Indy and Pirates is intended to be a straight up dark ride. Both would incorporate eleements of Western River Expedision. WRE is such an awesome comprehensive ride concept that any Western themed ride with darkride elements cannot help but bear it's influence....especially if Tony Baxter heads up the project (perhaps with John Lasseters input).

BTM was not listed in the poll as such because the PC police would prevent it from being carried out according to the phenomenal original plans.

Is Tonto Navajo?

I would like to see more movie set pics.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Is Tonto Navajo?

Prior to the famed television Lone Ranger series (ABC's first stellar big hit, and remained far above all the other shows in the ratings for years). Part of the reason for this was that Tonto broke the mode of prejudice from the onset of the series, as he was presented as a highly intelligent (by 50's audience standards) friend and partner to the lone Ranger. To this end, Depp's Tonto carries on the cultural standard busting by showing the Native American to be dominant in "smarts" to the Lone Ranger.

Prior to the 50's program, there was a radio show that remained popular over two decades. In this version, it was brought out that Tonto was a chief's son in the Potawatomi nation. The owner of the station that broadcasted the national show (George Trenle) area that he grew up in, Mullett Lake, Michigan, that included traditional Native American territory of the Potawatomi tribe. I'm proud to be a native American myself; a member of the Chickasaw, cousin to the Cherokee.

Check out the areal view(from a chopper) of the town set....
    Google Image Result for http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/03/09/0309-lone-ranger-set-sub.jpg

I'll post some more set pix for you soon....

• formerly very helpful

I voted for a Pecos Bill/Slue Foot Sue Folklore indoor outdoor ride, similar to RSR. However, if they do Lone Ranger with the quality of RSR, it could be an outstanding attraction.

I do agree, and I can't stress this enough, NOT A ROLLER COASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Can someone post an overhead photo so I can see the space you're talking about?
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Can someone post an overhead photo so I can see the space you're talking about?
    I'm not sure what you mean here, sleepybear.

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I voted for a Pecos Bill/Slue Foot Sue Folklore indoor outdoor ride, similar to RSR. However, if they do Lone Ranger with the quality of RSR, it could be an outstanding attraction.I do agree, and I can't stress this enough, NOT A ROLLER COASTER!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you.
    There's never been a high caliber ride experiance based on early American folklore. It would make for a high-caliber fun attraction. Originally, I had included John Henry in this option, but it wouldn't fit in the number of characters allowed per poll option. Glad you're open to the Lone Ranger indoor/outdoor, too.

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    You've got it!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast