Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Matterhorn Climbers Point of View @ Disneyland

That was fun! I loved seeing them climbing while we were there. I don't remember seeing the musicians though.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Wow... I didn't know they scaled the front side of the mountain where the "hook" leans fwd. That is pretty intense to watch! I always thought they came from the backside (TL side) when hitting the peak. Great vid!
    Perhaps they do come from the backside sometimes. These three were straight on bent for an adrinalen rush. I's easy to get hooked on thier brand of climbing intensity!

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    That was fun! I loved seeing them climbing while we were there. I don't remember seeing the musicians though.
    Glad that you caught them. Don't think too many have seen those musicians before. They are downright sneaky, as I strongly suspect they didn't scale the mountain to get to the level place they are standing..
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

They seem to come out around 10am-ish. But it's such a tall mountain, you can see them throughout Disneyland and even from Disney California Adventure. So just keep your eyes open wherever you are in the parks.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Hughes View Post
    They seem to come out around 10am-ish. But it's such a tall mountain, you can see them throughout Disneyland and even from Disney California Adventure. So just keep your eyes open wherever you are in the parks.
    Great obsevetion and advise, Susan. Guess it can be said that this is one tall story that isn't "a tall tale".
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    In the past, I've seen Mickey and Goofy climbing. Did they climb the entire mountain, or did they "cheat" by starting near the top? I can't imagine climbing in one of those costumes!
    The climbers start about 1/2 way up. They start above the highest point of the ride tracks. As Ride Warrior said, they start where the basketball hoop is inside the mountain. There is a cave entrance (faces towards Small World and ToonTown) in the side of the mountain. You can't see it from the ground because it's hidden behind a little wall or ledge.

When I used to work the night shift, a few times after the park closed, I would run up there and stand to look out over the park. I was working in the mountain (cleaning the SMALL break room) then I would go up and look out.

Very cool video. Thanks for posting it.

• Workin to live,lovin life

I don't know much about OSHA or any safety things like that, but is it possible they're required to use a Grigri for "safety" purposes? Like someone made an executive decision that they are only allowed to use specific climbing gear rather than what is best? I'm a very novice indoor gym climber, but I've read a bit about the gear.

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 09:25 AM ----------

Oh and totally forgot to mention that this was an awesome video regardless of that minor detail!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12