Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Make the most of Luigi's Flying Tires!

While waiting in the ever-so-slow queue for Luigi's Flying Tires, I couldn't help but notice that hardly any of the guests on the attraction were trying to make their tires "fly"! Everyone was trying to grab and throw a stupid beach ball! FORGET ABOUT THE BEACH BALLS! My wife and I agreed that we would concentrate on making the tire fly across the attraction. We had a blast making it go from one side to the other and crashing into the retaining wall. We noticed that people outside the attraction were watching and filming us, mainly because we were the only people truly "flying"! Everyone else was in a cluster, throwing beach balls at each other. (You waited an hour to do that?) Also, just to let all of you know, if the queue starts right as you enter Luigi's Tire Shop building...IT IS A ONE HOUR & FIVE MINUTE WAIT FROM THERE ALONE!

• Banned User

Re: Make the most of Luigi's Flying Tires!

I dont get the beach balls...

It's like buying your kid a new toy and watching them play with the wraping/packaging/box for the next 5 hours.

oh yeah i agree! me and the BF decided to do the same. SADLY every tire we would walk up to, a kid ould come up running behind us to snatch it so we got the last tire on the platform: completely surrounded by other tires. So once the ride started we couldn't move right away, but we got the hang of it quick and it was loads of fun! I did pick one up that flew towards us and i just held it over my head trying to look like a boss. it was silly but fun.

dont lean TOO much though, cuz then something under your tire scrapes on the platform and you loose speed.

I spend most of my ride time trying to find clearings and build up speed to bump people, but what do you do with your one beach ball (assuming you picked it up before you board)? Does anyone else try to peg the CMs? Isn't that what the CMs around the perimeter of the ride are for? Target practice? Start at one edge of the arena and do a screaming war charge with your beach ball of doom toward a CM on the opposite edge?

• Please pull the yellowtab

Yes... the beach balls. The beach balls are just so gosh darn colorful and shiny, the guests think Luigi's is all about throwing them at other people. On my last ride, people on the tire next to me asked, "Why don't you pick up a ball for yourself?" After I explained that I enjoy flying more than throwing beach balls at others they just looked at me strangely and asked in turn, "Then why do they have beach balls here?."

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Johnny and Me!

Flying along the length of the floor is the coolest!

• Minion

I prefer doing a combination of the two. Grab a beach ball, build speed and throw it at a friend. Fly away as fast as I can, and then try to bump them again at my top speed...all the while trying to grab another ball if I'm stuck.

What I don't get is why people would want to throw a beach ball at a a random person you've never seen before in the first place. What possible enjoyment could come from pegging a complete stranger with a beach ball?

• formerly very helpful

I did the steering, and my kids would seek out and throw the balls. I just had to tell them which way to lean. It worked out pretty well.

• Sleepy...

Didn't they add the beach balls to encourage people to lean forward hence making the tire move? Throwing them to others is fun and allows interaction with the people on the ride and to be honest, when you're at a Disney park, people suddenly don't become "strangers". I think the beach balls add excitement.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by strikeuptheband View Post
    Didn't they add the beach balls to encourage people to lean forward hence making the tire move? Throwing them to others is fun and allows interaction with the people on the ride and to be honest, when you're at a Disney park, people suddenly don't become "strangers". I think the beach balls add excitement.
    From what I understand, the beach balls may be short lived. Apparently there have been people injured when trying to reach them. While operations may like them because it apparently makes the ride otherwise more palatable, I think their safety police will eventually pull the plug on them.

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    From what I understand, the beach balls may be short lived. Apparently there have been people injured when trying to reach them. While operations may like them because it apparently makes the ride otherwise more palatable, I think their safety police will eventually pull the plug on them.
    People getting hurt by a beach ball or etting hurt by trying to get a beach ball is a bunch of bull. Some people are just looking for a way to sue Disney and that is sad, I really doubt a beach ball that weighs basically nothing, could hurt a person
    <font size=4> </font>

I went on June 30th, grounded out the tire most of the time. The No Stepping sign on the tire was already starting to show signs of wear! CM's never handed me a beach ball (which I preferred) and I mostly got random people throwing beach balls at me in a very nice friendly fashion which definitely made the ride more fun. However, I wouldn't wait in line for 40 min. again for that ride.

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    People getting hurt by a beach ball or etting hurt by trying to get a beach ball is a bunch of bull. Some people are just looking for a way to sue Disney and that is sad, I really doubt a beach ball that weighs basically nothing, could hurt a person
    Although I definitely agree with this statement, I think what people were getting hurt by is probably reaching for a ball, and perhaps falling or almost falling out of the tire? Regardless, if it happened to me I wouldn't be suing Disney - I'm the one who decided to lean out to grab the thing at an awkward angle, no one held a gun to my head and made me do it. But some peoples greed outweighs their sense of decency, sadly.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• I am number 4 of 999

Personally, I hate the beach balls, and count me in as one of the Guests that is going directly to City Hall when my $400 glasses get knocked off my face and crushed.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast