Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    For one, WWOHP only installed 1 new ride. They were lucky to have rides already in the land to retheme. It's unfair to compare the lands for rides, as Carsland had to install every ride from scratch.
    Well then when they do HP 2.0 - which also is being built completely on barren ground.. you will have a comparison you can feel comfortable with

The reuse of attractions was because they were taking over an existing area the park. Much like the Paradise Pier redoe part of DCA v2.0
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Disneyland Original '55

Wizarding World is wonderful and i love it and im excited for the expansion in the next few years, also i would like to remind everyone that Cars land is Scheduled for a expansion in Phase 2, i love the area and hopefully in the respective expansions of both WWOHP and CL they will continue to work their magic.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Well then when they do HP 2.0 - which also is being built completely on barren ground.. you will have a comparison you can feel comfortable with

The reuse of attractions was because they were taking over an existing area the park. Much like the Paradise Pier redoe part of DCA v2.0
    haha well until then...

Which is why I think comparing the two is pointless. It's okay to wish Carsland had more, but comparing it to a land which already had rides before the land was even constructed just isn't fair.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here's the thing.....I LOVE something like Harry Potter or Star Wars....Cars while greatly themed....has no "real" love for me....now I will slowly become a fan of it because it's going to be a BIG part of the Disneyland resort...I see them expanding this land over the next few years because of how poplar it is so we have to get used to....and to be fair yeah maybe not be the best things BUT

Its for me ten times better then lands like Bugsland and Toontown and heck even Tomorrowland

While I wish the Racers was more of a thrill ...wish the FP did not run out in less then 2 hours....wish the Cars really TALKED like the new Mickey...

But really besides the small little things...I love the new Restaurants..LOVE the dark ride park of Racers...and love the theme and detail of Route 66

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Carsland is my least favorite land in either of the two parks. I pray one day they demolish everything except RSR and put something new there. It is SUCH a huge waste of space. I know that's harsh but I got bored there rather quickly. It's a greatly detailed place and I got very lost in the environment -- to the point I forgot I was even at a theme park! But the land is just too BIG. Everything is beyond spaced out and lots of stuff is just pointless. It bugs me even more that they just recreate the entire road in the RSR ride!

I dislike the Cars films with a PASSION but I think the ride is pretty dang good and that should've just been IT. The whole land for this film is just over the top and doesn't feel justified -- I don't CARE how much it makes in merchandise.

I know, I sound crazy. No need to reply back to me

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Carsland is my least favorite land in either of the two parks. I pray one day they demolish everything except RSR and put something new there. It is SUCH a huge waste of space. I know that's harsh but I got bored there rather quickly. It's a greatly detailed place and I got very lost in the environment -- to the point I forgot I was even at a theme park! But the land is just too BIG. Everything is beyond spaced out and lots of stuff is just pointless. It bugs me even more that they just recreate the entire road in the RSR ride!

I dislike the Cars films with a PASSION but I think the ride is pretty dang good and that should've just been IT. The whole land for this film is just over the top and doesn't feel justified -- I don't CARE how much it makes in merchandise.

I agree. Though I enjoyed the land more than it sounds like you did I found the monumental scope of the place unjustified. $600 million towards one movie (Cars 2 doesnt count because it's terrible and well, has nothing to do with Radiator Springs)? I like the rockwork, I like the kitschy feel of it, I like RSR, but there's just something wrong (IMO) about the biggest land in the park not only feeling out of place and isolated (you're not in DCA in Carsland, but I like a sense of unity in a theme park), but based on something few people have a passion for. Yeah it's a great themed land but it would resonate a lot better in my opinion had it been based on a more like able property, or not a film property at all but instead something original that would've offered variety.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I can understand not loving it....but your least favorite land? Go to Toontown...there is a waste of space...one Ride good ride...one small coaster and some meet and greets for that amount of space is WAY more of waste then a land that has two rides getting over 90 mins wait times and has one of the best restaurants in the parks

Too Spaced out? This is the problem that Disneyland has....they did not want too much traffic and it worked for the most part pretty well

•   
    • Minion

To me it's pretty much impossible to compare WWoHP to Carsland. I love them both in their own way. The Harry Potter franchise is one of my favorites, Star Wars used to be it hands down but the prequels pretty much knocked it down a notch. The Cars movie is such a great movie IMO. After going to radiator springs in real life I re-watch the movie and loved it even more. The Cars franchise has a really big following and the land will only help that flourish. We spent about 4 hours jus soaking up Carsland and the experience of just being there much like we did in WWoHP. If i had my wish WWoHP would be in DLR somewhere so I could enjoy them both on the same day.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well Potterland is coming over here at Universal Hollywood...I'm sure it wont be as good but still fun and better then nothing

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I can understand not loving it....but your least favorite land? Go to Toontown...there is a waste of space...one Ride good ride...one small coaster and some meet and greets for that amount of space is WAY more of waste then a land that has two rides getting over 90 mins wait times and has one of the best restaurants in the parks

Too Spaced out? This is the problem that Disneyland has....they did not want too much traffic and it worked for the most part pretty well
    I love ToonTown. Everything about it actually. It reminds me of a cartoon version of Main Street. Main Street has barely any attractions also but there's fun to be had in ToonTown. I don't go back there often since I usually visit at night but if I'm there during the day, I always make a point to take pictures at all the buildings and play with all the elements that interact with them. Plus there's Mickey and Minnie's house, which are greatly detailed places to walk through.

Roger Rabbit is similar to RSR to me, in that they're both dark rides that get more popularity because of a different element. For RR, it's being able to spin your car. For RSR, it's the racing segment. RR at least has an AMAZING queue though (although RSR is a bit better ride).

And ToonTown is nowhere near as spaced out as Carsland, nor is it one long street toward the end. And what about 10 years from now when Carsland is no longer popular? All that extra space to meet "crowding demands" for it's first year or two will be just gaping open areas in the future. It'll look like a ghost town worse than Fronteirland after the Ranch closes and nobody walks back there at night. Adventureland may be tight quarters but it holds the same amount of things to do as Carsland does in 1/16 the space. The mountain range alone is probably the size of Adventureland's walkway three times over.

Making Cars Land seemed the logical choice. If they were going to do a land for a Pixar movie, this was the one. It's the second most popular Pixar franchise as far as I know. It is set in an "world" of its own that could be replicated as a land. By that I mean, I'm not sure you could really make a "Toys Land". The enviroment the Toys were in was not really the star if you will, whereas Radiator Springs was absolutely intergral to the story.

As far as Wizard World, apples and oranges. Both fruit, but two different flavors. Disney Parks are for the young and young at heart. Universal caters to an older demographic than that of Disney.

Of course if you don't have any love or interest in the Cars movies...why would you like Cars Land??
    -Marcus

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The big difference between Cars Land and Wizarding World of Harry Potter is this: you.

Both lands are executed as well as those films required. But the big part of the overall experience is you, the guest.

In Harry Potter, you can become a major component. You can be a student in this world. You can buy your wand and walk around with your friends as they do in the film.

In CARS, people do not belong. You can't dress up like a car and really fit into this world. It's still fun to be there but not even close to the same way.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^well Potterland is coming over here at Universal Hollywood...I'm sure it wont be as good but still fun and better then nothing
    I can't wait for that Still wonder where it's going to go and fit

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The big difference between Cars Land and Wizarding World of Harry Potter is this: you.

Both lands are executed as well as those films required. But the big part of the overall experience is you, the guest.

In Harry Potter, you can become a major component. You can be a student in this world. You can buy your wand and walk around with your friends as they do in the film.

In CARS, people do not belong. You can't dress up like a car and really fit into this world. It's still fun to be there but not even close to the same way.
    Excellent point Coheteboy! I loved WWOHP because you could buy a wand and purchase school robes. However, in Cars Land the closest you get to 'being a Cars character' is getting the chance to ride inside a character on RSR.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I love ToonTown. Everything about it actually. It reminds me of a cartoon version of Main Street. Main Street has barely any attractions also but there's fun to be had in ToonTown. I don't go back there often since I usually visit at night but if I'm there during the day, I always make a point to take pictures at all the buildings and play with all the elements that interact with them. Plus there's Mickey and Minnie's house, which are greatly detailed places to walk through.

Roger Rabbit is similar to RSR to me, in that they're both dark rides that get more popularity because of a different element. For RR, it's being able to spin your car. For RSR, it's the racing segment. RR at least has an AMAZING queue though (although RSR is a bit better ride).

And ToonTown is nowhere near as spaced out as Carsland, nor is it one long street toward the end. And what about 10 years from now when Carsland is no longer popular? All that extra space to meet "crowding demands" for it's first year or two will be just gaping open areas in the future. It'll look like a ghost town worse than Fronteirland after the Ranch closes and nobody walks back there at night. Adventureland may be tight quarters but it holds the same amount of things to do as Carsland does in 1/16 the space. The mountain range alone is probably the size of Adventureland's walkway three times over.
    We'll see what they do but from what I hear the rumors suggest more rides being added to the back side of the mountain at least 3 more rides and the Drive through movie theater

I'd say then it will be 100% worth it...but as of now...yeah from what Al has said people love the the new land...heck Al said it has higher numbers then WOC getting almost 100% of the people saying they want to come back soon to enjoy it again, I don't think Toontown ever got those numbers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast