Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46

    • You're late for TEAAA!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Swan Station (a.k.a. The Hatch)
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    We'll see what they do but from what I hear the rumors suggest more rides being added to the back side of the mountain at least 3 more rides and the Drive through movie theater
    The drive-in movie theater would've made it worth it to me. The moment that was cancelled, I was very distraught! And the other rides shouldn't be on the mountain -- they need to be on the sides of the street leading up to RSR. I feel like everything up until Flo's Cafe on the right and everything between Mater's to Luigi's on the left is a huge waste of space.

  2. #47

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    The drive-in movie theater would've made it worth it to me. The moment that was cancelled, I was very distraught! And the other rides shouldn't be on the mountain -- they need to be on the sides of the street leading up to RSR. I feel like everything up until Flo's Cafe on the right and everything between Mater's to Luigi's on the left is a huge waste of space.
    I was too but I still love small towns in the middle of a dessert so the land still works for me

    As for land they are wasting much considering every building has a shop/restaurant in it

    The back side of the Mountain has enough room for a big subland...my guess they'll be putting Autopia...a small train D ticket coaster (or the employee's cafeteria) and a boat ride of some sort.....along with of course the drive in theater

    Who know's they might have room for more rides too....like when they move Goofy's Sky School they could reuse the track (but also make the ride longer too)

    Really if Disney does not add one at least 3 more rides to the backside of the land....they're pretty stupid considering how poplar the land is now

  3. #48

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    I really don't see the need for 3 more Cars themed rides. I also don't see why the remaining space in the back left of DCA would be wasted on more Cars themed stuff, when there are so any more things worthy to be placed there. I really don't see much space for expanding DCA further other than the parking lot to left of Carsland and behind Tower of Terror.

  4. #49

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I really don't see the need for 3 more Cars themed rides. I also don't see why the remaining space in the back left of DCA would be wasted on more Cars themed stuff, when there are so any more things worthy to be placed there. I really don't see much space for expanding DCA further other than the parking lot to left of Carsland and behind Tower of Terror.
    Wasted? Carsland has made DCA get more visitors then Disneyland constantly since June 15th......so I don't think more would be a waste of space....at all

    Looking at a map...it has room for the D ticket Coaster on the back side of the Mountain range....Autopia and the Drive in...and maybe one smaller ride...like a Helicopter spinning ride

  5. #50

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Wasted? Carsland has made DCA get more visitors then Disneyland constantly since June 15th......so I don't think more would be a waste of space....at all

    Looking at a map...it has room for the D ticket Coaster on the back side of the Mountain range....Autopia and the Drive in...and maybe one smaller ride...like a Helicopter spinning ride
    Once they use that space there will be nowhere left to expand DCA. I'm not sure they can build behind the mountain range, directly behind it is a public road. The only space I see left in DCA is pretty small. And why does that much of a park need to be dedicated to Cars? Cars 2 is one of the worst movies I ever saw.

  6. #51

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Once they use that space there will be nowhere left to expand DCA. I'm not sure they can build behind the mountain range, directly behind it is a public road. The only space I see left in DCA is pretty small. And why does that much of a park need to be dedicated to Cars? Cars 2 is one of the worst movies I ever saw.
    You may not like...it I may not like it......but Cars sells....its beating Disneyland right now, how crazy is that DCA is getting more people then Disneyland on a daily bases, that is no easy feat

    And you can see that the land back there (before the road) is a little bit bigger then Bugsland so there is enough room in there for at least 2 attractions and the drive through for sure

  7. #52

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,631

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    The thing about Carsland to me is that the street is really just boring. It's way to long, and nothing catches my interest. Hogsmead at WWOHP is curvy and dynamic, and really immerses you. I'm just not a fan of the design of Carsland, it's not as inspired.

    I had fun in Cars Land. I wouldn't call anything "cheap." It's just that the overall design has alot to be desired.

    It comes down to a whimsical magical village with lots of eye candy \/



    vs a dull street populated with cartoon versions of gas stations and motels. \/

    Iwould have liked to see either two night pictures or two day pictures. It's really not fair to show WWOHP as a night picture with no guest and it's show lighting making it look amazing then showing a day picture of Cartland with no show lighting and guest in the way.

    Show lighting makes a huge difference of how a land feels and many people have said that Carsland is extremely amazing in the evenings

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    462

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    If OP doesn't like the movie, it's not hard to figure out why he was disappointed. If OP is a big Harry Potter fan, it's even easier to figure out which one he found more "immersive."

    I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but if I ever visited WWOHP I would probably appreciate the work put into it, love the attractions and that's it. Since I'm not a fan per se, the re-visit value would be rather low and the connection with the land itself would be weak.

    I love the movie Cars, and I hated Cars 2. I like the characters, I just hated where they took the story in the sequel. With that said, I love Cars Land. You can compare it to WWOHP if you want, no one is stopping you, but at the same time you have to compare it to the property it sits on and the company who made it.

    For me, RSR is the second best attraction on the property, and Cars Land is without a doubt the most detailed land on the property.

    I guess what I'm saying is, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I sense your emotional detachment from the franchise is what's hindering your experience, and not necessarily the land itself.

  9. #54

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    ^I don't like the movies either but the land is till amazing...and even the ride still would hold its won even if you did not like the characters since the tech behind it is sooo advance

    I could get why a ride like Transformers someone could dislike it because it's like living the movie (just action, no real story and screens instead of physical animatronics)

  10. #55

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by d1mex View Post
    If OP doesn't like the movie, it's not hard to figure out why he was disappointed. If OP is a big Harry Potter fan, it's even easier to figure out which one he found more "immersive."

    I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but if I ever visited WWOHP I would probably appreciate the work put into it, love the attractions and that's it. Since I'm not a fan per se, the re-visit value would be rather low and the connection with the land itself would be weak.

    I love the movie Cars, and I hated Cars 2. I like the characters, I just hated where they took the story in the sequel. With that said, I love Cars Land. You can compare it to WWOHP if you want, no one is stopping you, but at the same time you have to compare it to the property it sits on and the company who made it.

    For me, RSR is the second best attraction on the property, and Cars Land is without a doubt the most detailed land on the property.

    I guess what I'm saying is, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I sense your emotional detachment from the franchise is what's hindering your experience, and not necessarily the land itself.
    I like the Cars movies more than HP but am still way more impressed by WWoHP...idk maybe that's just me but I think the franchise love or hate isn't everything.

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    483

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    You're onto something here. I enjoy both of the Cars films and really don't understand why the 2nd gets so much hate! Transformers was brought up a couple posts up and I am heavily invested in that movie franchise.

    Now with that said.. I went out of my way to plan my last trip around being able to experience Transformers at Universal Studios. I have not been to that park in over a decade but now I finally had a reason to go. I was almost CERTAIN that I would enjoy RSR more than Transformers. No. NO NO NO!!! I rode Transformers 4 times the one day we visited US and I left with an annual pass. My gf thought I was nuts that I thought the ride was better than anything in Cars Land. I know a huge part of that has to do with my love for the movies and finally being able to be immersed into an experience with the characters.

    Doesn't take away from my love for the Cars films or everything Cars Land has to offer.. just enjoyed Transformers more.

    P.S. I had been tracking DCA 2.0 ever since the expansion announcement and would become ecstatic with each new announcement, opening, etc.. I thought nothing could top that excitement. Then I heard a Transformers ride was announced and I couldn't wait for anything more than that so that should tell you quite a bit! (I am a Disney NUT)

    Quote Originally Posted by d1mex View Post
    If OP doesn't like the movie, it's not hard to figure out why he was disappointed. If OP is a big Harry Potter fan, it's even easier to figure out which one he found more "immersive."

    I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but if I ever visited WWOHP I would probably appreciate the work put into it, love the attractions and that's it. Since I'm not a fan per se, the re-visit value would be rather low and the connection with the land itself would be weak.

    I love the movie Cars, and I hated Cars 2. I like the characters, I just hated where they took the story in the sequel. With that said, I love Cars Land. You can compare it to WWOHP if you want, no one is stopping you, but at the same time you have to compare it to the property it sits on and the company who made it.

    For me, RSR is the second best attraction on the property, and Cars Land is without a doubt the most detailed land on the property.

    I guess what I'm saying is, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I sense your emotional detachment from the franchise is what's hindering your experience, and not necessarily the land itself.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets


  12. #57

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    I only saw the first Transformers, but hated it thanks to the human characters and juvenile humor. I like the first Cars enough, but hated Cars 2 with a passion. That being said, I would much rather ride Transformers than RSR, looks like a much more thrilling and exciting ride.

    I wish RSR was just a ride in another land, it seems redundant to have Radiator Springs in both the ride and outside the ride. Plus, it's a Cars overdose.

  13. #58

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,417

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Do either Carsland or the Harry Potter land have a "live" feel?
    Are you just looking at design, effects and machinery, or do they feel like a living place?

  14. #59

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Do either Carsland or the Harry Potter land have a "live" feel?
    Are you just looking at design, effects and machinery, or do they feel like a living place?
    WWoHP feel very alive, it's like truly visiting the world of Harry Potter.

    I have trouble picturing Cars Land feeling alive in that sense, since it would be hard to have living Cars as cast members.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    483

    Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

    I wanted to add that I was highly skeptical when an entire land dedicated to the Cars franchise was announced and honestly, very upset. I felt the same way about the WDW Fantasyland expansion. With that said, I'm highly impressed with the attention to detail of bringing Radiator Springs to life. The land looks amazing and I really enjoy the attractions. However, I'm thinking with as much space as this land took up, could we not have been given an original land and incorporated these characters as well as others into it? I mean, heck, you enter the mountain range only to be back on the main strip of RS anyway.. PARADOX?!!
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Music of Cars Land
    By brenden in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 11:23 PM
  3. [Rumor] The Music of Cars Land CD to be released?
    By vj81995 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM
  4. [Question] How will the humans in Cars Land be explained?
    By A113PoCfan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
  5. [News] Behind the Music of Cars Land with some Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
    By SoCalFan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 12:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •