Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: In the minority on Cars Land: Disappointed

The thing is, Disney has to design and build for the masses, not worry about people who take it so seriously that they walk into a park with a pen and pad looking for problems.
    Fact is Cars is a MONSTROUS part of us parents lives who have boys.
    Fact is that there is buz here in Dallas, Texas for something at the DLR that there has never, ever been before.
    Fact is that Carsland is getting huge guest approval numbers.
    Fact is that Cars is the second biggest movie merchandising product on the planet.
    Of course it made sense to use it as a way to rebrand and bring national attention to a struggling park.
    I just got back from a WDW vacation and stayed at the Marriott timeshare. Talking with people around the pool about where we were all going to take the kids, more than a few people talked about IOA and love Spiderman in particular, but didnt even realy care to mess with potter. There is a fairly large anti-Potter segment of the population out there who dont like potter and think he is "GEEKY" and that its a bunch of dorky cult fans who are obsessed and walking around with wands and robes.
    I dont happen to feel that way at all. i try to get my 10 and 12 year old nephews to watch potter every time they come over, but they wont have it. they think its dorky.
    on the other hand, both are going to WDW for Thanksgiving but cant stop talking about wishing theyre going to Carsland instead. They know everything about it including rock work facts from the Disney Channel.
    They have never expressed any interest in anything DLR before and in fact, when they went to visit their aunt in SoCal, wanted to go to the beach and Legoland. DLR wasnt even on their mind. Carsland has changed all of that.
    That IS success.

Sorry for the awkward sized photos... but I think these two photos are better comparisons then the previous 2.

Back on topic... I have to disagree, I can understand that some one is sorta dissapointed in a land, but your main argument is because you don't like the cars franchise... I really don't understand why people dont like something because of what it's based on, if it good it's good. No one knows song of the south, but splash mountain is still one of the best disney rides.

Also I think their is one large reason that separates Cars Land from WWoHP (which was brought up in this thread)... WWoHP feels much more real and it not being animated gives it a huge advantage. Obviously visiting a real world place over an animated town will feel much more alive and understandable. Originally John Lasseter wanted many more of those cars(like Lighting, Mater, DJ, and Red) to be roaming Carsland but it fell through and the characters were lessened and shoved into corners.

Lastly, I really hope they dont use up all the remaining DCA expansion space for a carsland expansion... i'd like to see autopia moved to where the flying tires are now, behind luigi's(I know it wont completely fit in only that area, but it can take up a little of the expansion space)... though I'd really like to see most of that space saved for something else.

I'm sorry, but all I see in that publicity shot is the *real* world. I wish I was transported to a different place I wanted to go to in Carsland. But all there is is... a hanged street light... and... uh... a stack of tires... and a tattoo parlor... a roadside cafe... and some pavement.

I'm not including the rockwork because it is mostly blocked by the awkwardly placed courthouse when viewed from the actual street level, and it is part of RSR (not the street), which I consider an amazing attraction despite the land it's located in.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I'm sorry, but all I see in that publicity shot is the *real* world. I wish I was transported to a different place I wanted to go to in Carsland. But all there is is... a hanged street light... and... uh... a stack of tires... and a tattoo parlor... a roadside cafe... and some pavement.

I'm not including the rockwork because it is mostly blocked by the awkwardly placed courthouse when viewed from the actual street level, and it is part of RSR (not the street), which I consider an amazing attraction despite the land it's located in.
    I re-watched the 1st Cars film last night and the entire layout of Cars Land is identical to the film's layout of Radiator Springs. I don't know how more real Cars Land can get. That picture is not the best angle for getting a feel of the scale of Cars Land. It would be difficult to surround the town with a endless expanse of desert. Now that would take up a ridiculous amount of real estate and wasteful just for the sake of 'realness'.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post

Now that I think about it, except for the great rock work, Cars Land looks a glorified version of a generic 50s inspired area in a park like Knott's, kind of like that area around Xcelerator (sp).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345