Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Angry Hungry Bear Grievances

On my last trip I ate lunch at the Hungry Bear Restaurant, like I always do on my trips, however this time there were definite differences. The burger had one pathetic piece of lettuce on it, one tomato slice, a crappy greased up bun (a person I was with said that last time they were here the bun had a hole in it), the soda tasted really odd, and we didn't get nearly as many fries as we used to. The only thing that they hadn't changed actually, was the price. I was pretty much disgusted that a Disneyland restaurant could sink below the likes of McDonalds. Any explanation for this sudden drastic sink in quality?

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

Re: Hungry Bear Grievances

Maybe new chefs? My familys dont usually eat there so we dont really know.

• CM for 4 years!

What day was it? That would really be a factor because on New Year's Eve, we had a LOT of call-ins and we were short short short.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

It was yesterday, New Years Day. But it really wasn't that busy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

We've eaten there three times in the last few months and it seemed o.k...although I think it's always been one lettuce leaf and one slice of tomato. Greasy buns don't sound like Disney though...maybe just new hires trying to keep up? And we've learned to ASK for a full plate of fries.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Darn, that stinks. I used to love eating at Hungry Bear, haven't in a while...now it's Stage Door Cafe, Blue Bayou, and Red Rockett's for me.

A little , but Universal Studios Hollywood has done something rather similar recently at Louie's, their Italian restaraunt. The plates used to be huge, and you'd get loads of pasta...the plates are way smaller now, and the food is still the same price

• no flash photography...

idk...we rearely eat there. We ate ay pizza port yesterday and it was really good.

•   
    • Minion

I remember my parents ate their earlier in the year and HATED the food and service... I told them to complain to Guest Services... I don't know if they did or not, I have never asked...
    Check out my other blog:

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    On my last trip I ate lunch at the Hungry Bear Restaurant, like I always do on my trips, however this time there were definite differences. The burger had one pathetic piece of lettuce on it, one tomato slice, a crappy greased up bun (a person I was with said that last time they were here the bun had a hole in it), the soda tasted really odd, and we didn't get nearly as many fries as we used to. The only thing that they hadn't changed actually, was the price. I was pretty much disgusted that a Disneyland restaurant could sink below the likes of McDonalds. Any explanation for this sudden drastic sink in quality?
    Sink below McDonald's?

Disneyland's fast food is among some of the worst out there and in my opinion has always been below McDonalds quality. There are a few exceptions in the park, but the burgers, hot dogs and fries have always been losers. You're better off eating at places like Boudin Bakery, Rancho Del Zocalo, Plaza Inn, French Market, Carnation or picking up some of the better fast food like Corn Dogs or McDonald's French Fries. The McDonald's in DCA isn't a bad choice if that's what you want to eat.

Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrance and Pizza Port in Tomorrowland offer lousy food.

Also, what good does this thread do on this board? Seriously asking. Shouldn't your concerns be addressed to a manager or cast member at the theme park at the time of visit. I'm sure if the food wasn't up to par they would've happily fixed it or refunded your money.

I had a chicken sandwich there a few months ago and it was truly awful. Were talking worse than High School cafeteria food. I was also irratated that they won't give you a cup of water anymore but tell you to use the drinking fountain, thats classy.

I e-mailed them a complaint and got a generic response, they don't care.

• Still lost in Neverland

The food quality at Hungry Bear went way down about the time it re-opened after Critter Country went through a major rehab. Before that the food was ok, but after that it truley is aweful. I can't stand the palce anymore.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Ive never eaten there..tho I do know Disneyland is not known for their burgers...ive always wanted to try the cold frind chicken in the summer there tho....my fav place to eat is the French Market
    Carnation cafe has a really good steak sandwich, and White Water snacks always has something yummy...tho once our French Dip meat was greenish....opalescent...like fish scales or something....ewww.....thats cant be good..right?? hehe
    okay..my new favorite place to eat is Club 33...my personal Holy Grail...I finally got to go over the summer and it IS everything its cracked up to be...Im on the membership list now....so it should only be about 10 years or so for someone to die off and let me join!! hehe
    sorry about the Hungry Bear....that sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    Sink below McDonald's?

Disneyland's fast food is among some of the worst out there and in my opinion has always been below McDonalds quality. There are a few exceptions in the park, but the burgers, hot dogs and fries have always been losers. You're better off eating at places like Boudin Bakery, Rancho Del Zocalo, Plaza Inn, French Market, Carnation or picking up some of the better fast food like Corn Dogs or McDonald's French Fries. The McDonald's in DCA isn't a bad choice if that's what you want to eat.

Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrance and Pizza Port in Tomorrowland offer lousy food.

Also, what good does this thread do on this board? Seriously asking. Shouldn't your concerns be addressed to a manager or cast member at the theme park at the time of visit. I'm sure if the food wasn't up to par they would've happily fixed it or refunded your money.

The purpose of this thread is to let others know on this board what his experience was like. Can't people express their findings openly? Maybe the intent was to see if anyone else out there had the same experience?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

A few months ago I ordered the vegetarian patty. It took longer to cook (which it says on the menu and the CM at the register told me as well). Longer... yes, about 15 minutes! When I finally got it, it was hard and dry. The tiny bit of lettuce was pitiful. NASTY.

Disneyland food isn't great and is too expensive for what you get, but this was just unediable. I was disappointed. Hungry Bear has great atmosphere but bad food.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I think I have eaten there once - and I definately did not like it. I'm not a fan of hamburgers, especially Disneyland hamburgers so I avoid Hungry Bear, Stage Door Cafe, and Club Buzz most of the time. Even the chicken sandwiches that those places offer is lousy.

Sort of off-topic, but I ate at White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel and it was truly delicious. The fries were the best french fries I have ever eated at a Disney themepark - they were perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside - and the charbroiled chicken sandwich was absolutely enormous - not to mention delicous with its decent helping of guacamole on top and wonderful grilled ortega chile. Absolutely the best food I've had on property in quite a while. And the place was relatively empty so service was fantastic and quick - the cashier even gave me a 15% PAP discount even though my meal wasn't over the $10 minimum. What a great guy! Other that that, we usually stick with the Blue Bayou for lunch or the chicken fusilli at Pizza Port. We'll sometimes eat at the French Market... Nothing else in Disneyland is really that great.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast