Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Push! The talking/moving trash can!

OK. I went to DL this Sunday, got my AP (Whoot! Im now a member of an elite few!!!) and had a GREAT time. One of the best experiences I ever had at DL simply because THERE WAS NO RUSH!!!! We got to the park at 1PM, left when we got tired at around 10. TYPICALLY I would of got up WAY early, and left WAY late and in a constant rush from ride-2-ride and in frustration that the lines was taking up MY time. AP is such a stress reliever. But this thread is not about my AP

Its about PUSH!!! I heard about him in a few threads, but nobody prepared me for him. I bet some of you did not know his name was Push? Cute hay? You can tell its him since he is the only trashcan in the park with Push marked on the doors.

I did not mention about the talking trashcan I saw here on the forums to my friend. I thought it would be best to let her find out about him "the hard way". We were walking through TL after getting our Fastpass for Buzz and were going twards the "Trash Can Band" that was playing at the time. My friend was not watching the path and almost ran into a trash can in the middle of the path. She was like 'Why the hell would someone put a trash can there" and I instantly new it was HIM!!! The can turned around and said "excuse me" and gave her the biggest, happiest startle of her life! It was so much fun to see not only HER reaction, but the crowds. Push quickly made his way through the croud around the then playing band and parked snugly next to a "normal" trash can for a moment. After the band stopped, Push came out and interacted with the band! Great stuff. Very funny. Well I had to get my AP, so we went into the AP area.

We left the AP area not wanting to be part of the 1hour line! Ugh! But on our way back, a crowd had gathered around Push! This is when I learned his name during his conversation with one of the guests. He asked for a hug from a very unwilling man and was not receiving one. After asking 3 times, Push said "If you dont hug me, im gonna cry. Then I am gonna rush! You dont want that, do you?" My friend finally gave him a hug. Very funny stuff! Whoever controls him/is his voice is great. He asked one passer by "were ya going?" and the guy said "To eat in Fronteerland" and Push said "OK, lets go! I will fallow you" and fallowed the guy off. I donít know how far push went. Im guessing his "range" is TL It would be a little odd to see a roaming trashcan in Fronteerland.

I past him by later on that and I wave at him and say "Hi Push!" and he gave me a friendly "Yo" back!

I must say that this is a first time a trash can truly "made" my visit to DL. I truly hope he is a continued "feature" as I hope to introduce many of my friends to the walking, talking trashcan named PUSH!!!!

For those who are wondering not only what push looks like, but how he moves, here is a video I shot. Sorry, no sound. Also, there is no midgets involved, and you can push trash in him I wonder if he runs away from the Janitors when its time to empty him out? Hmmmmmm

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/P1010052.MOV

Nice to hear people like it. Please, please, please say something at City Hall. Let them know that guest like it... or he may go away...

My first experience with him was actually at Cast Blast. He was in the Expo area and I was having a blast talking with some friends when he "bumped" into me. He kept trying to get me to say excuse me but I wouldn't so he started pouting till I gave him a hug. One of the guys I used to do shows with at the resort was controling him... They can be very funny.

Hopefully Honda and Disney can come up with something just as fun in the new Honda exhibit in Innoventions with Honda's Asimo... but well see...

thats all I'm going to say about it.

You'll have to let us know your reaction when you find out how it works...

giggle!

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

Heh. he sounds like like the fire prevention "fire hydrent" that they used to cruise the malls during fire prrvention week taken to the next level. While the Hydrent was cheesey and had a cartoon face (great if your ten), Push seems to have taken the concept to the next level. With the right person at the controls this thing sound like it would come off a cross between a transformer and R2D2. Nice one Imagineering.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage

For those who are wondering not only what push looks like, but how he moves, here is a video I shot. Sorry, no sound. Also, there is no midgets involved, and you can push trash in him I wonder if he runs away from the Janitors when its time to empty him out? Hmmmmmm

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/P1010052.MOV
    Heh, did anyone else who "knows the secret" take a close look at the video? Guess what I saw?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    . We were walking through TL after getting our Fastpass for Buzz and were going twards the "Trash Can Band" that was playing at the time.
    Man, I hate those guys- they are sich hacks. Everyone thinks they are real sweepers, but they are not, they don't even deserve to wear the uniform! Getting all the credit for keeping the park clean......... bitterness

But Push sounds really cool- sounds like they are trying to make interactive AA's a big part of Disneyland's future. Speaking of which, has anyone sean or heard any more from the dinosaur at DCA? I have been looking forward to seeing him and wondered if they put him away or if he made regular appearances.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by innonut99
    Nice to hear people like it. Please, please, please say something at City Hall. Let them know that guest like it... or he may go away...
    I don't know, what is the likelyness of that happening?
    Check out my other blog:

• e komo mai

1. Kinda weird to have some trash can sing you "Happy Birthday".

2. The Trash Can Band bangs trash cans, isn't Push bothered/offended/scared by this?

3. Where do the voice and operator watch from?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    1. Kinda weird to have some trash can sing you "Happy Birthday".

2. The Trash Can Band bangs trash cans, isn't Push bothered/offended/scared by this?

3. Where do the voice and operator watch from?

Yeah, you would think he would want to stay away from those jokers!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Although I love them both, what with the Jamitors and Push the talking trashcan taking such a focal role in the atmosphere of Tomorrowland, one might just begin to think that the future is all about . . . TRASH!

Perhaps that should be the replacment for Honey I Bored the Audience: TRASH! A New Disney Musical. Live On Stage in Tomorrowland.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think they have already been preparing for that- isn't there a joke about sweepers in honey?

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Although I love them both, what with the Jamitors and Push the talking trashcan taking such a focal role in the atmosphere of Tomorrowland, one might just begin to think that the future is all about . . . TRASH!

Perhaps that should be the replacment for Honey I Bored the Audience: TRASH! A New Disney Musical. Live On Stage in Tomorrowland.

I can see it now... Adventures through Inner-Landfill... Garbage Barge Lagoon... Invovations of Recycling... Red Rocket's Junk Food Emporium... Star Wreckers... Used-Car Autopia sposored by Rent-a-wreck...

---------

On another note.

OK... I can see Push being a part of the TL theme...

I cannot see the janitors... They have no business being in TL...
    Check out my other blog:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Actually, the janitors go all over, the idea is to make you think "Look, even the janitors are here to entertain you!" I'd like to see those pansies actually seep something up or empty a trash can instead of just banging on it.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    You know the attraction is BAD when this idea actually sounds GOOD!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    You'll have to let us know your reaction when you find out how it works...

giggle!
    Want to elaborate on that a bit? Come on, someone needs to post a spoiler!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast