Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Re: Red Car News Boys Show Change

I like the show because it's cheesy and fun, I'm glad they have trolley depart to backstage from the performance area instead of going to the front of the park to switch the wire. When I saw the show last Sunday they shortened "Suitcase and a Dream" by referencing the inventors with dialogue instead as part of the song, show as pretty much been the same otherwise...though I've seen a news boy read Mickey's telegram.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'd probably enjoy the show more if the participants actually sang. I'm probably in the minority on this, though.

- Joe

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I'd probably enjoy the show more if the participants actually sang. I'm probably in the minority on this, though.

- Joe
    Who do you mean by participants? All of the performers sing. Are you talking about the audience? Or Mickey?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Who do you mean by participants? All of the performers sing. Are you talking about the audience? Or Mickey?
    If we're talking about the same show I saw, none of the performers in the Trolley were singing. It was all lipped.

If we're talking about the same show I saw, none of the performers in the Trolley were singing. It was all lipped.
    From the various clips I saw I think the performers do sing. If you go back to the clip in my earlier post here, when there was a short circuit, the singers just kept on singing even when the music and the mic were off.

At other times the singers do improvise the songs (a lot from the yellow-shirted "Johnny"). That said, I haven't seen the show in person so maybe others can correct me if I were wrong.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

The performers sing live, I think they they sing along or possibly lip sync "California, Here I Come" when the trolley is traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    The performers sing live, I think they they sing along or possibly lip sync "California, Here I Come" when the trolley is traveling.
    I've only seen them performing "California, Here I Come," so that could be why I figured the entire show was lipped. Honestly, when I saw them lipping that song, I lost all desire to watch the rest of the show. I miss the days when lipping wasn't so relied upon.

- Joe

Such an odd change with them going to BVS. So they're going back to TOT now or BVS?

Also, I'm with the camp that thinks that Five and Dime's really great. They really capture the feel of the era and bring it right into BVS. I'm not too much of a fan of street performances in the parks, but I always smile every time I see them perform and I take the time to stop and watch them from now and then.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Here's a clip of the show with and without the messenger.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by cmsweetpea View Post
    I actually liked it when the music cut out and they kept singing.
    It's just as they say "the show must go on". Good thing they sing live. It would be more embarrassing if they lip synched and couldn't finish the song.

---------- Post added 08-09-2012 at 09:15 PM ----------

I've only seen them performing "California, Here I Come," so that could be why I figured the entire show was lipped. Honestly, when I saw them lipping that song, I lost all desire to watch the rest of the show. I miss the days when lipping wasn't so relied upon.

- Joe
    It seems like they usually sing live at Disneyland/DCA. I seem to remember an old update from around 2009 when Tiana's Showboat Jubilee debuted in New Orleans Square in DL and Liberty Square in WDW where it was said that they usually sing live in DL shows and lip sync in WDW shows as the DL version had live singing and the WDW version had lip sync. I don't remember if the reasoning was due to unions or contracts, but that live singing was usually difference between a Disneyland show and a WDW show.

Mickey does say he's going down Buena Vista Street.

Usually their last show, they head straight down to Hollywood Land, and there are days when they do take the short route.

I do love the News Boys' show; I think it's absolutely fantastic. I really loved the movie and want to see the Broadway version. Except it's currently not touring so make a trip to New York?

But the only songs they're not completely singing on their own is when they're inside the trolley. Otherwise, most of the time they are signing these songs in case of a power surge in the trolley they are using.

This show is horrible! Its radio disney at its worst. It's so cheesy and the music is just ruined. Given the current success of the Newsies broadway production; you would think that disney entertainment would want to to keep that show quality. As an actor, and huge disney enthusiast; I would like to see moving performance's and stories NOT jazzy chorus boys flailing about and struggling to sing along to a background track filled with dubstep beats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12