Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What do you think DCA still needs to fix?

Again, Great Movie Ride is basically what the Hollywood Land section needs the most right now, but not an exact clone of the one in DHS, just the same concept if that makes sense. Oh and the Hyperion theater needs a massive facelift

---------- Post added 07-09-2012 at 05:04 PM ----------

oh, and whatever they do in the rest of the park, please nothing else the rotates on an axis (a la MFW, SSS, GZ, FFF, MJJ, FLB etc)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

I totally disagree. The great movie ride is a terrible experiance in my opinion. I'd love to see something using period themes like Dick Tracy or Rocketeer.

• Minion

both of those are so obscure in today's media that they are EXTREMELY unlikely.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Actually Rocketeer even got a nod in BVS, but i'm aware that Tracy is outdated. I'd like to see a comeback of both properties because of how well they fit the theme there. I'm sorry the Great Movie Ride is just a slow moving boring ride through familar classic films with now real flash or unique quality.

• Minion

in your opinion... To me it is the most interesting thing in DHS that isn't a clone of things in the other parks (TSMM, Star Tours), and even at that, Star Tours is the only thing that comes close to being better
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see something done with the Pacific Wharf area. The land just seems boring to me, but adding an attraction might change that. Alcatraz maybe??
    At first I laughed, then I wondered if maybe Disney owns that J.J. Abrams show centered around Alcatraz even though its on Fox. Maybe if they had a Golden Gate Bridge replica then you could see Alcatraz from it ;-).

I don't like the look of Pacific Wharf, it looks too rundown and not very interesting as there are parts of the country that look that run down like that for real. If they are ever going to beautify Paradise Pier (I will refrain from derrogatory comments), then this area needs to go.

What is it?

I haven't been to see Carsland yet, but I know that they have a Ghirardelli shop there in what looks like a pretty rundown neighborhood. The Ghirardelli looks nice, but the rest of the place is falling apart? Time to give up and just tear it down and make it an expansion of Carsland. They could put in another ride if they utilize space well, or add that 1950's drive-in diner they were thinking about.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenchanter View Post
    I think the little mermaid was supposed to be that great animatronic dark ride that the park was lacking.
    Before Mermaid, Monsters Inc. was touted as the next big thing which would save the park. The Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc. were good to great movies, depending on who you ask, but the rides don't connect with guests on an emotional level like older dark rides in Fantasyland.

Monsters had a long line shortly after it opened, but it is usually a walk on in my experience, and this is because the ride system was not designed specifically for Monsters Inc, it super-star limo and sometimes the screens don't work and the ride goes so slow that the magic is lost.

Mermaid, at least before Carsland, was a walk-on, and sometimes (maybe a lot of the time), the clam shells go by empty. Yes, it is super fast loading, at maybe 1,800 per hour, but Pirates loads closer to 3,000 and it often has a long line. I think that in the future they need to massive re-work this ride by finishing the unfinished scenes in the end. And improving scenes that look fake, like the "Kiss the Girl" scene with the plastic fish.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 07-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.

I want the rest of the park to have theming like Cars Land does:
    very specific, very apparent, and very well done and immersive.

I think first and foremost, Bugsland needs to be taken a look at, it's lacking severely.
    Not in theming, but in ride quality and Disney magic.

Paradise Pier still needs a ton of work... same with Hollywoodland. They need to work on not just fixing something ugly(replacing the stucco of the board games with clapboard, taking away the plastic plane in Condor Flats) but actually create something inspiring and magical! The park has come so far but it still has so many places that need help. But great work so far!
    Proud visitor of
    Tokyo Disney Sea Disneyland Disney California Adventure Tokyo Disneyland

• 5 Star

I'm aware that Mermaid was supposed to be a dark ride on par with those across the esplanade, and having been on it, I agree that it fell flat and doesn't act in the way it was intended. What I'm talking about is a ride that can go toe-to-toe with rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion in both size and theming. California is rich with history, so a good idea shouldn't be too hard to conjure up...unless it involves a winery.

I think DCA is lacking attractions that help it compete as a park to draw in crowds. CarsLand helps a ton, but a single land can't support the whole park.

• Disneyland History Lover

I could give you a laundry list of small things, but I won't. I'll say though that both Hollywood Land and the Grizzly Peak area need some revitilization. Both are in need of new attractions (especially HL). Pacific Pier seems fine for the time being to me. It has quite a few things to do, even if several of the rides are nothing special. I think it can stand as is for awhile while the previously mentioned areas get some TLC.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    I totally disagree. The great movie ride is a terrible experiance in my opinion. I'd love to see something using period themes like Dick Tracy or Rocketeer.
    Ummm just saying..the great movie ride...could include both of those in it

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    in your opinion... To me it is the most interesting thing in DHS that isn't a clone of things in the other parks (TSMM, Star Tours), and even at that, Star Tours is the only thing that comes close to being better
    Tower of Terror?
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Tower of Terror?
    theming... great, ride itself... it makes me want to take the stairs at the hotel the rest of the trip. Similar w/ Rockin Roller Coaster, it seems cool, but I have an extreme fear of being upside down while on a ride (hence I haven't ridden screamin either).
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

What DCA needs to do asap in Phase II is to fix Hollywood Land. That should be the top priority in my opinion. 1) Make the Hyperion Theatre look like an actual theatre of the era. 2) Change the facades of everything on the street area. Less movie-like ,more life-like. 3) A new E-ticket ride in the 'hollywood studios' area, which means the removal of everything there. I agree with others about getting a new version of the Great Movie Ride. 4) New shows on the Hyperion, not just Aladdin. There should be at least 2-3, and they should rotate everyday. 5) If there's more space, a D-ticket ride.

I don't know why people are hard on AUA. I think it's fine as it is. DCA needs a family attraction with wide-appeal. AUA serves that purpose. It's like one of those classic Fantasyland dark rides.

GRR should stay, it only needs AAs and some scenes. Like the new Grizzly ride in Hong Kong. Grizzly Peak is a great land, I don't think much is needed to done. I guess a E- ticket in the RCCT area would be awesome.

Paradise Pier improved greatly since the billion dollar project. I love the new Victorian theme. All they need to do is some minor touch ups (CS and MFW queues, a rethemed carousel, a retheme or removal of JJ) to emphasize the new theme, replace GSS with something much better, and put something on Maliboom's old spot.

Condor Flats and Pacific Wharf are not a big lands so nothing much can be done besides theme improvements like new facades, restaurants etc. Soarin wouldn't make sense theme-wise if Condor flats was converted into Grizzly Peak.

Bug's Land has the potential to be great. The theme is great, but the rides leaves so much to be desired.
    Last edited by ducktalesfan5555; 07-10-2012 at 03:10 AM.

• And Dad was my hero.

Create a bugs life circus where the least popular BL is. I know it duplicates the sitdown entertainment of it's tough to be a bug in a way but I think an animatronic/character circus would be great for that age group and it would pay homage to Walt's original circus right in the beginning in a way.

Bring the tangled meet and greet over and do the snuggly duck tavern right next door. Have it be part restaurant, part show (like golden horseshoe) but more like the tiki or country jamboree style obviously. This would also work in DL of course but in DCA it could actually be a real tavern Also I think Ariel is lonely and Rapuzel to be the most California girl princess of them all I think the right spot for this would be Goofy's sky school (maybe then move that partially to toontown)

Put an UP ride in the style of soarin' and star tours where the for dog castle is. Guests could enter through the trail or the main walkway.

Move turtle talk with crush towards the water. Maybe where the ice cream place is?

Definitely up the Hyperion or put in Grauman's instead. All the character's foot prints would be cute.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast