Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• 5 Star

Re: What do you think DCA still needs to fix?

It's "funny" how many Pixar inspired rides DCA. I don't really mind them like others do, but I think the park could use more original like GRR. I don't know if thatll happen though, being is how almost every ride Disney builds now is a movie tie-in.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

They need to install THIS over by GRR!
    Foolish Mortal

• 5 Star

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    They need to install THIS over by GRR!
    I agree. A mine car ride just seems to fit in the area. I think itd be cool to have animatronics that could be seen from both rides- like how the train sees the final scene in splash mountain.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I would love to see WoC get fixed! Playing every night since its debut has put a lot of wear and tear on the poor structure! A lot of the water jets are broken, i.e. shooting slightly diagonally or sometimes not at all! And is it me, or do the projections of the water screens not look very clear anymore? I dunno, for some reasons the projections have been looking really fuzzy lately. WoC just doesn't look like what it used to be when it first opened anymore

I really think that Paradise Pier or Hollywood Land needs another major family thrill or dark ride. Since WOC closes a good chunk of rides in the evening the crowds need something else to do. Carsland can not continue to soak up all the crowds and Mad T Party is not something that everyone enjoys.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwowzer View Post
    Two words LITTLE MERMAID, but seriously i dont think little mermaid was a flop, though they might want to fix the line fiasco, because the Little mermaid has to much line and to little people in it, and that just proves that the omnimover system works, but i agree another Dark Ride, im up for it
    although the line is bit long for the crowds sometimes i think it add to the charm of the building. The extended queue in front of the bathrooms is no longer used and i wish they would just used that area for the ODV carts that they place in the middle of the walkways but there really is little that can be done with the queue covered with the canopy.

I have seen the canopy queue all filled up though in the last few weeks. The attraction does have its times when the queue is needed and fills up.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    I think an omnimover dark ride that last anywhere from 7-10 minutes would do wonders for the park. Disneyland has both Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, both of which last long and can take on big crowds, but most of DCA's rides are pretty short. Hollywood Land is practically begging for a ride like this.
    although i really enjoy dark rides with omnimovers i think its time for DIsney to get a bit more innovative and start creating rides that use different ride systems. As an example lets look at Universal and their latest additions to their theme parks. The ride systems that have been used are something that guests are enjoying and could be suitable for a family environment and for the thrill seekers.

slow dark rides are awesome but they tend to loose their appeal fast by the general public and when you start having too many of the same thing with the same ride system in the same park they become repetitive

• Sleepy...

I agree. A mine car ride just seems to fit in the area. I think itd be cool to have animatronics that could be seen from both rides- like how the train sees the final scene in splash mountain.
    I agree 100%! Grizzly Peak should have a mine train ride that intertwines with Grizzly River Run.

I would like to see annimals ( bears ) added to Grizzy River Rapids. Moving bears , with sounds.

The Redwood Creek area has UP theming and that is fun ( or it did in oct 2011 ), but what about a really nice high quality mini show in there more often. Up was a great movie and something other than a "wilderness explorer" show could be represented in there, it is a large area. I think it would be awesome to see Kevin running around in there.

I think CA has made some great changes and we cant wait until our next trip in the fall.

Our family does enjoy the Jellyfish Jumpers, but the theming is a bit off on them now. Maybe a re do on those. Same ride, different theme?

• 5 Star

I understand the omnimover is a tired and almost overused ride system, but my point was those things are capable of eating massive amounts of people in an hours time. Rides that utilize them typically have no longer than a 10 min wait.

I agree though. Disney should start coming up with new vehicles, kinda like the Winnie the pooh honey jars overseas (Japan Disney, china Disney?). DCA deserves another innovative attraction

• Dave

Blog Entries

With the opening of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, the park has been seeing a lot of attendance in the past month. Despite that, it's hard to deny that there are still things the park could work on to make it even better. The resort is constantly evolving and I like to see what others want/don't want to be done. What do you want to change? Let's try to avoid pessimism while we're at it.

Personally, I'd like to see something done with the Pacific Wharf area. The land just seems boring to me, but adding an attraction might change that. Alcatraz maybe??
    I like the idea of an Alatraz style attraction, but I do like Pacific Warf. I loved both walk thrus, and was sad to see the tortilla one go. I am not sure there is any room in that area for a ride of any major size, but maybe I am wrong!
    Also as far a a Pirates style ride I think grizzly rapids could fit the bill with a major face lift that adds some amazing effects. I think they could save a lot of cash in the process too.
    Dave

One thing DCA needs is more boats/ships. DLP has tons of different watercraft which gives the park a lively, refreshing feel.

So, I suggest they install an auxiliary steam ship like the below at the Pacific Wharf area as noted below. These ships became popular during the California Gold Rush...which is perfect for a refresh of Pacific Wharf into a boisterous Gold Rush era version of San Francisco. It could have a restaurant, it could have a show with singing sailors up in rigging, sea shanty music, it could be an interactive play area for kids, all sorts of options. It will start to give Pacific Wharf the rich "take my imagination somewhere" themeing it needs.
    Name:  usps11sta021c.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  40.0 KBName:  DCA.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  70.1 KB

• Dave

Blog Entries

I have to admit Hollywoodland does have some interesting attractions. I love the art building (NOT sure of the name) the one with crush and the other cartoon creations to me it fits very well because it is based on how cartoons are made, I also like the Tower of Terror and fits very well too, Muppets 3D I think is based on movie making (it has been a while) all of these seem to fit well. They are all based on the entertainment industry. The biggest sore thumb for me in the land is Monsters, INc the ride is Ok but I really would love to see something in there that is more movie based. I think an oswald ride in Black in White with 3d elements would work! Also I do love Alladin and maybe another show based attraction would do well being the land is based off entertainment and Hollywood. Maybe one on how movies are made!
    Dave

• Diva Extrodinaire

So I already posted a thread with thoughts, but I'll repost them here! I also added some small things.

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post

Hollywoodland

The Animation Building will have a rethemed façade in order to match the rest of the boulevard. Award Weiners and Schmoozies will better fit the theme of the area. The Hollywood Backlot Stage will be demolished as well as the Monsters Inc ride, old Millionaire stages, and the Hollywood and Dine restaurant. This whole section of the land will be closed off during the renovation in order to be fully updated. The main ride will be a newer version of Florida's The Great Movie Ride with scenes from classic films. Also, a restaurant based on the cruise line's Animator's Palate and unique shops will fill the well- themed area, matching the style of Buena Vista Street and the rest of Hollywoodland. Muppet Vision 3D will be updated to fit the land's theme (in terms of appearance) and the 2011 film (for the actual attraction), now called The Muppet Show 3D - it will feature new scenes and effects. Also, the Hyperion Theatre will receive a new facade and queue, done in the style of an actual lobby of an actual theatre. There will also be a snack bar and merchandise to match the new show: a theme park adaptation of the Broadway musical "Mary Poppins."

Flik's Fun Fair/Golden Gate Bay (I need a better name!)
    Replacing all of Flik's Fun Fair is the San Francisco-themed Golden Gate Bay. There will be a state-of-the-art ride entitled Cale Car Frenzy, using simulator, dark ride, and projector techniques. It's hard to describe in a short sentence, but combine Soarin', Star Tours, and Radiator Springs Racers. The 3D film theatre will make way for a Tiki Room-style show entitled Walt's Chinatown Revue (or an attraction inspired by Alcatraz... Escape From Alcatraz?). Finally, the rest of the land will be put towards Mission Square.

Mission Square
    Located behind the Tower of Terror (the leftover land from Cars Land), Mission Square will honor the Hispanic heritage of California. It will feature an updated version of the Western River Expedition, as well as an Adventures of Zorro stunt show (with live actors, horses, water, fire, and more!) and a small Three Caballeros dark ride. The rockwork from Cars Land will be fully finished off to help match the area.

Cars Land
    Not much is changing, if anything there will be landscaping to help hide the Tower of Terror and Paradise Pier from certain angles.

Paradise Pier
    The Golden Zephyr will make way for more World of Color viewing area. Jumpin' Jellyfish will be retrofitted as the Hot Air Balloons and fill the eastern helix of California Screamin'. King Arthur's Carousel will receive an upgrade and fill the western helix of the ride, surrounded by a lush topiary garden. The roller coaster itself will receive a new enclosed, two-level queue as well as a new soundtrack. The shops along the boardwalk will also be remodeled, as will the queue for Mickey's Fun Wheel. A new set of bathing tents will be set up by the former Jumpin' Jellyfish area, becoming an area for meet-and-greets. If not, a lighthouse will be built with an animatronic character popping out and interacting with guests. The store below would sell World of Color merchandise and salt water taffy. The Little Mermaid ride will feature some small changes, such as revamping the final few scenes (everything post-Ursula), as well as the removal of some of the queue. Finally, Goofy's Sky Skool will be enclosed and be now themed to a fun house using Disney villains.

Condor Flats/part of Grizzly Valley
    Renovate the whole area in order to be matched as part of Grizzly Valley. Soarin' will get some new scenes added (but still themed to California - mainly adding a DCA scene with WoC fountains at the end) and the Taste Pilot's Grill will become a fondue restaurant called The Big Dipper. The Little Dipper will be a counter service addition. The roof will show multiple twinkling constellations. There will be an addition geyser-themed playground near Soarin' and the shop will get a rustic treatment that flows with Buena Vista Street. The hangar will become more period-specific, but will still be a hangar. The Soarin' queue will now also be enclosed and redesigned and the whole building (including those screens) will be totally cleaned and refurbished.

Grizzly Valley
    The Redwood Creek Trail Challenge will live on only as one or two small additions to the new Geyser Park near Soarin'. That area will now house an E-Ticket roller coaster with a suspended track themed to a ski lift. It will be mainly indoors, with a section going through Grizzly River Run and riding over the crowds. The building will be themed to a ski lodge, matching the hotel. The San Francisco houses will be moved to the new Golden Gate Bay area - the facades will now match the Little Mermaid attraction and house a small aquarium. Grizzly River Run would see the addition of some animatronic bears in cute tableaux.

The parade route will now bypass Buena Vista Street and Hollywoodland by going through Golden Gate Bay and ending in Mission Square.

Also, films I'd like to see in the Great Movie Ride: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Avatar, Titanic, The Wizard Of Oz, Enchanted, Mary Poppins, The Avengers, Iron Man, Chicago, Shakespeare In Love, True Grit.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Dave

Blog Entries

Some one has had a lot of time on their hands^ interesting stuff. I like the hot ballon idea
    Dave

• 5 Star

I really like the boat idea. I'm "on board" 100%. I also really dig the lighthouse idea. I agree though that the Hyperion needs cycling shows. Possibly Tarzan, or even the Lion King show from broadway.

• Disneyland Original '55

I wouldn't mind seeing a tangled show in either the Hyperton or Fantasyland Theatre. I also really liked Finding Nemo in AK and wouldn't mind a version of that but I think they Should remodel the Hyperton exterior before the inside show is reworked. I love the hot air balloon idea but i wouldnt mind a Green Army Men parachute drop that would feature an area for the Green Army Men to do their show there. Finally some one agrees with me on a light house I have been suggesting that for quite some time, and the Fastpasses for WoC could be distributed there as well with the line filling up the World of Color Area not the Grizzly Area. San Fransisco is in desperate need of some representation. I actually really like the Condor Flats area I just wish that it would be in time period like 1960s Dessert (or Mountain to blend with Grizzly more) Small Airport, I would love to see a Monorail Stop get put in over where the random plastic airplane display is, this Station would also connect to the Grand Californian through a separate entrance inside the hotel. Taste Pilots Grill would be a 1960 airport area and would be changed in the exterior to blend better into Buena Vista Street and interior would give a larger indoor seating for more air conditioning. and i wouldn't mind seeing the Monorail Race through the building. the soarin' building would remain the same but would be painted with a new paint scene, Blue and Silver the match the rest of the buildings and the restrooms and shop would be revamped as a Flight Control Tower and the jet engine could remain the same but be polished up along with the rest of the soarin' Fast pass area and exit. Minnie's Flight Show could be moved into the new Taste Pilot Grill. If Grizzly Gulch comes to take over the old Redwoods Play area i would not mind, as long as a water play area could be developed in the same way that the one in Hong Kong has. Rumor has it that Ariel's Grotto will be transformed into a Princess Palace for Breakfast Meet and Greet and such which i wouldn't mind. But i feel King Triton's Carousel should be destroyed and Screamin' would get its own indoor Show Building to air condition the stand by line and station. the old Maliboomer garden should be a new dark ride fun house ride featuring clowns and crazy mirrors and other things that would be at a 1900 seaside trolly park. Bugs land has got to go period. I wouldnt mind if its though to be a bug moved to critter country, I know that don't make sense thematically but it could work some how. I really want to see the Radiator Springs Drive Inn Theatre. And i would love a Updated Version of Great Movie Ride that was more like a mixture of Indiana Jones in DL and the Great Movie ride in HS. where the ride vehicle took off at parts and made banked turns and rode through the movies. I think it would go Musicals/ Classics ( like HS but with more iconic Movies) then the Ride gets Highjacked in either a western room (like HS) or a Police room (like HS but more up to date with a more recognizable characters and in a different time period) then we enter the Action Adventure rooms which because the ride has been highjacked take us speeding through rooms featuring Well know action movies Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Star Wars and some other good action moves, then we end up in either the Atlantis room or the National Treasure room ( both these rooms wouldn't scream the movies but should be enough to get the bad guy out of the room for a confrontation. The final few scenes would be ones that have been major in our time period, Titanic, Avatar, Inception, and whatnot, the second to last scene would be a replacement for the Wizard of Oz scene in HS ( which Wizard would move to the Musicals area). The Muppet's room would be the longest room on the Tour and would feature a test of Muppet Technology and would have special effects for the goofy world, the last scene would be a replica of the HS scene where a screen would montage the history of good movies including a lot of Disney movies that were not in the rest of the ride. The Great Movie Ride would take up all of the Sound-stages from the old Million are Play it, take over Monsters Inc, and would move into the Arcade sound-stage that Mad T Party uses now. It would be an amazing ride if done correctly and would be much better than the one in HS.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast