Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Bob Eubanks's big no-no

Okay, so on the rose parade, he just said something about always having to keep the magic if you are a CM, and said "Yeah, if you're in the donald duck and in the CM cafeteria, you are donald duck!" completely blew all the magic. The co-host said: "Bob, you can't say that!" He responds by saying: "Oh, come on! The easter bunny, santa clause, mickey mouse, all of them!" I cant believe it. What an idiot!

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Bob Eubanks's big no-no

Aww, Bob Eubanks was really nice when he came and ate at BB in the summertime... he even carried the highchair to the table for me. And Donald Duck eats in the cafeteria like everybody else, I don't see a break in any magic there.

It's really fun to go to the Inn Between and share a table with Snow White

Maybe if you had a direct quote this might seem more shocking, but based on what you've said, I don't see the big deal.
    Last edited by melmel; 01-02-2006 at 09:43 AM.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Why do you keep talking?

wow, what an overreaction...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

that is pretty mean i heard that.

• For old time sake

I am with melmel here, I fail to see what the big deal is!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Maybe if you had a direct quote this might seem more shocking, but based on what you've said, I don't see the big deal.
    I don't have a direct quote but what I remember is that he began talking about how Cast Members are considered to be "Onstage" when they are in costume and are taught not to break that illusion by keeping up the character they are playing at all times. He then said that even if Donald Duck goes into the cafeteria to eat he has to remain in character, or something like that. (It was a pretty lame example because if the Donald character goes into the cafeteria on break to eat you can guarantee he is taking off his head.) Then his co-star began to "jokingly" reply that it would be really difficult for Mickey to take off a costume since he is real, blah blah.

Anyhoo, that is what I remember. The exchange lasted maybe 30 seconds at most.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Happy 2007!

I saw it too. Although I thought it was pretty dumb commentary, I did not have a strong reaction to it. I guess it would be bad if a child who heard it and it ruined their magic. However, I don't think most kids would be paying enough attention to what they were saying to really understand it- they would have been bored by it. I was watching with my DD (8) who is very verbal and usually pays attention to such things and she didn't react at all- she was too busy trying to catch all the details on the Disney float. BTW, she knows the characters and other mentioned icons are not "real", but chooses to continue "believing" in them anyway.

• For old time sake

I still fail to see what the big deal is though!!!!! People are not stupid, they have to know that CM's are...well real people!!!! If they are THAT caught up in things that they think the Character's are REAL...then they take that magic FAR too seriously
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by melmel

Here is your direct quote:

Bob: You know, and when you put that costume on, one of Disney's rules is that you're never out of character. Like if you go into the employee cafeteria, and you're wearing Donald Duck, your Donald Duck.

Michaella: Bob, what do you mean? What costume?

Bob: I mean...

Michaella: That's not a costume

Bob: Um...

Michaella: He can't just take it off at the end of the day! (Whisper) You can't do that!

Bob: Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, Mickey...

Michaella: The toothfarry, come on it's all about the toothfarry!

I know he is a nice person, but that is not something you say on national,...wait, international TV!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    I still fail to see what the big deal is though!!!!! People are not stupid, they have to know that CM's are...well real people!!!! If they are THAT caught up in things that they think the Character's are REAL...then they take that magic FAR too seriously
    I understand that everyone knows the characters are not real, but it is not something you say, because of children who may be watching.

• For old time sake

Oh brother. I think it's important for parents to explain to their kids that Disney Characters in costume are real people. JMHO. In all honesty i didn't even think twice about what he said. I know my own nieces would have paid no attention to what he said. My older nieces know that the Characters are not "real"
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Dreams do come true

You mean Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, Mickey... are not real!!!!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Wow, what a jerk.

• Closed Account

I do have to say, that judging by the number of people viewing, there is some controversy, and many opinions!

• For old time sake

As such, this thread could turn nasty and I certainly hope that does not happen here. People make mistakes.
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast