Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Which ride has the best Spanish Safety Spiel? The worst?

A quick thought flashed through my mind. Everyone knows that the safety spiels are very much in character and provide a back story to the ride, but then when the Spanish Spiels come up, it sounds clunky and very out of place. I want to hear your opinions on where the best and worst Spanish Safety Spiels are.

(This also flashed my mind when watching foreign dubs of our cartoon shows here in America and how they sound nothing like the original character, but that's beside the point)

The Best:

- Casey Jr. Circus Train - I actually rode this one because I was waiting for my fastpass time to come. I never really planned to ride it, but I decided to ride it anyways, and I was actually surprised by the Safety Spiel provided. It actually sounded like the Ring Master, as if the original voice actor knew Spanish and just applied the same voice. That I find very fantastic indeed. It feels very natural and not like they got a Spanish Dub to do the lines and sounds nothing like the original.

- Radiator Springs Racers - Okay, I may be cheating a bit here, but Ramone was the perfect fit because the character's voice naturally fits the role.

The Worst:

- Splash Mountain - Sorry Splash Mountain. Although I love you and you're one of my favorite rides to ride, your Spanish Spiel just doesn't evoke the right Song of the South feel to it. It feels out of place when put next to the English Southern accent.

Sorry it's so short, but my memory of the spiels are a bit rusty. I will be going back to Disneyland in a few days, however. I will report back to you by then.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Minion

Re: Which ride has the best Spanish Safety Spiel? The worst?

I can't think of the best right now, but the W-O-R-S-T goes to....Haunted Mansion. It really does sound silly and it takes me out of the mood that everything before that moment has worked so hard to build up.

• Future Imagineer

I can't think of any "bad" one's but my favorites are the Matterhorn, RSR, and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

The best is by far Maters Junkyard Jamboree. Makes me laugh every time I hear it.

• -

I think the worst one has to be Winnie the Pooh. The English one is great as it is Tigger giving the speech, however when they get to the Spanish, it is just some other silly voice that they use. It is almost as if they made up a character just for that.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    I can't think of the best right now, but the W-O-R-S-T goes to....Haunted Mansion. It really does sound silly and it takes me out of the mood that everything before that moment has worked so hard to build up.
    Yaora...PREPARECE!

So horrible it makes me laugh every time I ride. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think the worst one has to be Winnie the Pooh. The English one is great as it is Tigger giving the speech, however when they get to the Spanish, it is just some other silly voice that they use. It is almost as if they made up a character just for that.
    I thought that the voice may of belonged to Roo, but I'm not sure, as I never heard Spanish dubs for the Winnie the Pooh films.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Senior Minion

I think RSR is definitely my favorite now. I think I have thought a few were annoying but I can't remember which ones. But I don't think any really bother me too much.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Matterhorn and junk yard jamboree.

Matterhorn is the best one

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Gotta be Mater's spanish!

definately the matterhorn!! I haven't been to carsland yet, but I'm sure I will love Mater's spanish since I love everything about Mater!

Best: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It always makes me chuckle and/or smile when I hear it.

Worst: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. SO ANNOYING. It goes from Sebastian's deep Jamaican voice to a high pitched, jarring female voice that doesn't remind me of any Little Mermaid character AT ALL. I just shake my head and laugh at how ridiculously annoying it sounds and move on.

When you're on the tram from the Mickey & Friend's Parking Lot, it sounds like they're talking about "goody bags" during the spanish spiel. To me at least!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I thought that the voice may of belonged to Roo, but I'm not sure, as I never heard Spanish dubs for the Winnie the Pooh films.
    I'm not sure if that is supposed to be Roo. I don't think he sounds like that, but I'm not that familiar with the characters voice. It just sounds really out of place after Tigger. They should have had the guy that did the Tigger voice do the Spanish voice as well.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Senior Minion

Jarring Spanish language safety spiels are another element of bad show caused by Disney being cheap. Instead of recording the Spanish announcements with the same attention to character voice casting and performance given to the English versions, they go the quickie-cheapie route and use generic voice actors in performances that have nothing to do with the spirit or tone of the English versions. Even TV cartoons and low budget made-for-DVD movies get better foreign language dubs than Disney gives many of their safety spiels.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast