Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Resident Ghost

What does Disneyland mean to you?

We have a huge community here, but a question I have never seen posed is "What does Disneyland mean to you?" Why do we all love the park so much? Is there a story of why Disneyland means something to you, or do you just love it because it's a cool place? I'd love to hear your stories and/or answers!

Re: What does Disneyland mean to you?

I love Disneyland because I take this statement to heart:
    Name:  DL tunnel plaque.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  41.3 KB
    Nobody else but Disney even comes close to making me feel this way.

• Chief Troublemaker

You know, that's a surprisingly hard question to answer. So much of what Disneyland means to me is really intangible. The feeling upon entry, the smells, the taste, the memories, the lightheartedness. Maybe the best way to put it is to paraphrase Walt: "Here a married-Mom-of-2-adult-sons leaves the world of today and regresses to the world of her childhood".

Spending money. Lot's and lot's of money. And being happy, but mostly spending.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Resident Ghost

Anyone meet a significant other at the park? Or have a good story about the park?

It's a lot of escapism for me. It's a place to take pictures, both big shots and details. It's admiring the artistry of the place. Sometimes I'll ride rides, and I have my favorites for lunch, and I love watching people.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• formerly very helpful

Someone already quoted the entry plaque. So I'll sum it up as being "better than real."
    Here, people are nicer, it's clean, safe, fun, and beautiful. I can be anyone I want to imagine I am.
    Although it is impossible to keep the real world from encroaching in completely, Disney manages this better than anywhere else I've seen.

• MaliBOOMer

Why do I love Disneyland so much?

This is a hard one. Disneyland is a theme park. It is the best theme park.
    There is so much more to it than that, but I can't explain it.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Disneyland is the Fountain of Youth.

• Banned User

All of my day to day stress instantly melts away when Disneyland is involved. Honestly, it's just a great place to 'escape,' where the real world and all of it's problems are put on the back burner. Nothing puts me in a better mood than a day at Disneyland with some of my best friends.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

To me, Disneyland is more important than air. 'nuff said.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

What does Disneyland mean to me? Well, long, long years ago it meant that Walt Disney was actually building a Magic Kingdom…a place filled with amazing adventures…a place of incredible beauty…a place filled with happy music and magic…a place where dreams come true. On his Disneyland television show he often gave us updates…showed us amazing and incredible details that were going in…talked to us about the
    wonders that we could actually see and do. Imagine boarding a boat that would take us off into the deepest, darkest jungles of the world…Imagine flying off to Neverland with Peter Pan…Imagine boarding a beautiful steamboat for a trip down the rivers of America…Imagine boarding a rocket to the moon…

The very idea was exciting…and Walt Disney’s enthusiasm was contagious…it became like a magnet drawing people to this happy place far, far away.

And one magical day long, long ago my Mom and Dad told me that we were gonna get in the car and travel all the way across country, along a magical road known as Route 66, to visit Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom. The happiness in a small boy’s heart on that day was truly overwhelming…a dream he had thought to be totally impossible was about to come true…

With each mile we traveled the excitement grew…it was a long, long trail filled with adventures along the way…filled with excitement, wonder, and magic…filled with the beauty of America… including the real, honest to gosh American West…and then, at long last there it was…that glorious sign…huge…along Harbor Blvd…we had arrived at Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom of Disneyland!

Oh, the excitement, the joy, the magic we felt as we walked through those gates and then those tunnels for the very first time…Town Square was filled with horse drawn vehicles, wonderful aromas, and the most amazing, delightful discovery of all…Disneyland was not black and white…it was in full glorious color!

We explored every incredible inch of the place! Around every corner new magic unfolded…just like Walt had promised. We saw the Golden Horseshoe Revue…oh, talk about magic…our sides ached from laughter…

As morning turned to afternoon we started eagerly anticipating the magic of those fireworks over the castle…the iconic thing…the symbol of this magical place. And, it came…far, far better than we ever imagined, beautiful beyond words. We were kinda sad to have to leave that first visit…not knowing when or whether ever we would be able to return…it had truly been a day we would never ever forget.

Well, we did return, many times in the years that followed…and each time the sights, the sounds, the aromas brought back happy, joy filled, memories…

Disneyland is truly a thing of the heart…truly a place to laugh and learn and play together…and, for me, it is a place of wonderful, happy memories that have stretched across an entire lifetime…for me…Walt Disney’s Disneyland truly was, is, and always will be, a Magic Kingdom.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol’ Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 07-11-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• And Dad was my hero.

Disneyland to me is the promise of a better America, heck, a better world.

A place where things are clean and people are having a good time.

A place where I can let go and just be a kid.

A place that holds good and dear memories. When I was little and we lived in LA my parents nonchalantly said we would visit "Uncle Walter". He will always be that to me and Disneyland will always make me smile and remind me of the love of my parents.

A place where my otherwise shy and tongue tied Mom went over to a man named Walt as a small child, tugged on his coat tails, signaled him to bend down and gave him a very grateful kiss, to which he said "When I woke up this morning I had no idea something that nice would happen"

A place that inspires my creativity, both personally and in business. I admire it as one of the most successful and fun business models in the world.

A place were a mouse is boss
    Last edited by Mom kissed Walt; 07-11-2012 at 10:47 PM.

• -

It means seeing the joy on my kids faces as we walk in the entry gates.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

It's my home away from home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast