Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    To all the future imagineers out there I want to kind of get inside your mind and know what some of you creative ideas for Disney are or would be.

    I want to know that if you were an imagineer right now for Disney, what would you do?

    Would you develop your own unique attractions that are not in any other Disney park? If so, what would the attraction be about? What characters would be involved? What theme park would it be located in and where in the theme park would it fit?

    What current changes in the parks would you make and what kind of technological upgrades would you create? What would make this technological upgrades special?

    I hope you do not mind me asking, I just want to know what goes on in the minds of future imagineers these days.

    I personally am into animation and If I were an imagineer today I would brink the Main Street Electrical Parade back to Disneyland, but there would be many upgrades.

    1) The stores on Main Street would magically disappear and be replaced with digital scenic projections of backgrounds from some of our favorite Disney films that represnet each float as it passes.

    2) I would also make Pete's Dragon, Elliot, look more realisitic and he will keep dis-appearing an re-appearing while he holds Pete above his shoulders and parades down Main Street. Then I would install chips in the ground that would make the ground vibrate every time Elliot stomps on it.

    So future imagineers what are your ideas? go ahead and give us a piece of your imagination

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    240

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    I just got to say that I love this topic, Disney Wrassler!

    I have two ride ideas for fantasyland and they both are about Malificent. The first one would be Chaos Mountain. It wouldn't feature Malificent directly but rather paintings of a dark shadow or a dragon and this ride would be before princess Aurora's birth.

    The other ride is called Malificent's Dragon Chase. This ride you will encounter Malificent and her dark transformation. Both of these rides are rollercoasters but not like screamin. They are more like space mountain or big thunder mountain. I think the dragon chase would be better because it would look kind of werid having two mountains rise pass the castle.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    423

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    First, after gaining sponsorship from a large biomedical company, I'd create a ride for tomorrowland akin to Adventures Through Inner Space.

    It would be a ride in which you were shrunk down to enter the bloodstream of a patient receiving treatments for various ailments by use of nanotechnology. The "nanobots" would appear next to you as you zoomed along, and at various points along the way they'd be shown eliminating cancerous cells, repairing joints, tissue and nerves, and may even apply medication or install telemetry probes at certain key locations.

    You'd exit through another tube to be re-sized and pass through the display area for some kind of debriefing.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

  4. #4

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    DLWrassler: Nice topic...!

    But bringing back the MSELP isn't really an Imagineering decision, it's more CM Matt.
    As I understand it (from what I've ready), management comes up with the
    parameters and Imagineering delivers concepts and ideas so it's up to management
    to come up with the parameters of the problem (new park, ride, land, etc) Imagineering is welcome to come up with "plusses" to the current rides, always within some parameters (read $).

    Having said that, I would:

    * Do a Fantasyland 2008. Yup, completely revamp the tech used in some of the rides (namely the Dark rides)
    * Bring something back for Motorboat. (Actually, I would bring back a renovated
    version).
    * Bring back PM (ok. this is rumored to be already in the works)
    * Create a Villain's "land"
    * Revamp (or bulldoze) Toon Town.
    * I would create an interactive 3D movie instead of HISTA. (video game like
    controller to have audience choose ala Millionaire)
    * Move innoventions to DCA & create attraction in CoP
    * Redo the Yeti in Matterhorn
    * Create Liberty Square
    * Create New under grade theatre instead of the current at Fantasyland Theatre.
    Put a new Philharmagic there. (revamp THAT show too).
    * Bring back a new "Country Bears" show.

  5. #5

    • Haunted Mansion Holiday
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    397

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    you have really good ideas nish. I like all of them except the bulldoze Toontown


  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    The other ride is called Malificent's Dragon Chase. This ride you will encounter Malificent and her dark transformation. Both of these rides are rollercoasters but not like screamin. They are more like space mountain or big thunder mountain. I think the dragon chase would be better because it would look kind of werid having two mountains rise pass the castle.
    Thanks for the comment

    Well as for the ride, that would be cool. So it would probably be a dark rollercoaster ride then right? It it is just imagine all the digital special effects, projections, and AA's you can put in it. I mean wouldn't it be awsome if your coaster is riding past a realistic AA or Digital looking Maleficent dragon blowing fire at you or something? I think that would be awsome .

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    DLWrassler: Nice topic...!

    But bringing back the MSELP isn't really an Imagineering decision, it's more CM Matt.
    I agree, but as I listed, the special effects projections, such as main street magically disappearing before your eyes and it turns int to enviornments of of our beloved Disney characters, THAT, I think would be state of the art. To me, it would seem very magical to be standing on Main Street until you completly realize that Main Street disappeared and now you are standing in places such as Neverland, The 7 Dwarves diamond mine, or Alices Wonderland. Plus throughout the parade fireworks would be going off.

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    * Bring back a new "Country Bears" show.
    ALLELUIA!!!!! I now bow to you

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    240

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler

    Well as for the ride, that would be cool. So it would probably be a dark rollercoaster ride then right? It it is just imagine all the digital special effects, projections, and AA's you can put in it. I mean wouldn't it be awsome if your coaster is riding past a realistic AA or Digital looking Maleficent dragon blowing fire at you or something? I think that would be awsome .
    That is what I thinking for this ride. At the top of the lift hill you can have a Malificent AA telling you there is no escape then she disappears and then when you are about ready to drop this dragon head will try to attack you. In the center of the entire ride will be the huge dragon that will have these glowing red eyes that seem to just follow you. And fire always adds a little more excitment to a ride

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Another nice effect would be if you got swallowed by the dragon.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    240

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Although I don't know where this would go, I would love to see a kingdom hearts attraction. The entrance can be themed to Traverse Town and while you are waiting in line there can be an AA Sid talking to you and every couple of minutes there could be a heartless pop out from the shadows. This is one of my favorite games and I can't wait for KH2!

  12. #12

    • Park Hopper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    21

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    There should be a Mainstreet Electrical Parade ride...

  13. #13

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    Although I don't know where this would go, I would love to see a kingdom hearts attraction. The entrance can be themed to Traverse Town and while you are waiting in line there can be an AA Sid talking to you and every couple of minutes there could be a heartless pop out from the shadows. This is one of my favorite games and I can't wait for KH2!
    You'd be surprised how much a broad idea can be narrowed down to a successful one I bet if you keep thinking of a K.H. based ride, you will be able to find an excellent story plot and good effects to be used.

    I think that many of the pirates on POTC have to get their technology updated though. Some effects on POTC and HM can also be adjusted some as well.

    Star Tours needs a heavy film upgrade.

    I think I would like to remove the tracks from toad in Disneyland and Make Mr. Toad a Roggere Rabbit type coaster ride. What I mean is that the coaster tracks will replace the current tracks in the attraction. The cars on the tracks will be just like the spinning cabs and teacups. The ride would not be an extreme roller coaster nor a kiddie coaster, it would be just in-between the two. Then the effects such as the train lights would get updated, a few new special effects would be added (including in the hell scene), and some of the cardboard cut out characters will be replaced with AA versions of the removed cardboard cut out characters.

  14. #14

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    That is what I thinking for this ride. At the top of the lift hill you can have a Malificent AA telling you there is no escape then she disappears and then when you are about ready to drop this dragon head will try to attack you. In the center of the entire ride will be the huge dragon that will have these glowing red eyes that seem to just follow you. And fire always adds a little more excitment to a ride
    That would be very neat!

  15. #15

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: Caution! Future Imagineers brainstorming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I agree, but as I listed, the special effects projections, such as main street magically disappearing before your eyes and it turns int to enviornments of of our beloved Disney characters, THAT, I think would be state of the art. To me, it would seem very magical to be standing on Main Street until you completly realize that Main Street disappeared and now you are standing in places such as Neverland, The 7 Dwarves diamond mine, or Alices Wonderland. Plus throughout the parade fireworks would be going off.
    That would be/is neat... basically an elaboration of what they do
    for IASW. (I thought I heard they already do this for WDW's Holiday
    parade... could be wrong though...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] Showing with Caution :)
    By TheGlassSlipper in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
  2. Yamabuki PHOTOS and review (caution, pic heavy)
    By RobotMirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 11:10 PM
  3. 11/11 Picture Report - CAUTION: Cuteness Alert
    By almandot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •