Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I'm wishing

Re: Trip Report: our road to CarsLand (w/ meals at Flo's, the Carthay, & Carnation Ca

Great Trip Report, thanks for sharing. I love your food reports, the food is one of the things I really enjoy at the park...just people watching, enjoying the atmosphere, and chowing down on delicious snacks and meals!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: Trip Report: our road to CarsLand (w/ meals at Flo's, the Carthay, & Carnation Ca

Ahh, loooved the trip! It's great! Great pictures!!

Going to Disneyland this weekend and I can't wait to see CL at dark if we stay that late! Gosh, it's beautiful during the day so I can only imagine it at night!

We're going again in next weekend for my birthday and I'm totally gonna see if I can get the Dapper Dan's to sing! Ha.

We have this huge Disneyland trip planned for August and normally when we go to Disneyland we try and eat healthy and bring our own food and that sort of stuff, but we decided to make that trip about food too! We have one reservation each day at all the yummy restaurants and will pack our other meal. Can't wait! We're going all out on that trip- World of Color, Fantasmic, etc. Maybe we'll have to get ourselves those Glow with the Show hats, I've only been hearing positivine things about them
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    An example of the snacking we did? Funnel cakes. I never knew Disney did funnel cakes, and boy do they make them magical. (We got ours at the Stage Door Cafe, if anyone else is craving one.)

Attachment 22260
    Have you ever seen such a happy funnel cake?

I never knew DL had funnel cakes. Yummm! It looks delicious . For such a short trip you guys sure did a lot. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful trip report with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    What surprise on the left hand side?!
    Is it maybe the Harold at the end? The new lighting and sound effects on him make his sudden appearance really frightening.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    Is it maybe the Harold at the end? The new lighting and sound effects on him make his sudden appearance really frightening.
    I wouldn't call it frightening, but yes. The extra yeti goodness was what I was referring to. Also, all of our group who rode both sides swore that the right side was slower.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Maybe we'll have to get ourselves those Glow with the Show hats, I've only been hearing positivine things about them
    Just make sure to bring bobby pins and/or barrettes to hold the thing in place!
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Thanks so much for the report...I didn't think I could be more excited for our trip in a few weeks...but now I am.

Carsland 'lighting' is definately on my list now! Do you know if they do it at a certain time? Or should I just be in that section at dusk?
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by jennc04 View Post
    Carsland 'lighting' is definately on my list now! Do you know if they do it at a certain time? Or should I just be in that section at dusk?
    We were told "around 8". It was just after 8pm when we were there. The Cast Members wouldn't give us an exact time, though.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Thanks That give's me a basic idea!
    Jennifer

The Voices of Liberty do "Happy Birthday" also, in their typical fashion, during their outside segment.

I'm an AP and I've been able to get over to DCA twice now since carsland opened but I still have so much left to do! Because of your review, now I'm going to make sure I see the neons go on in Carsland and try the pear drink at cozy cones! We saw it but were not sure it would be worth the money. You say it's good so I'm going to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Congo Chris View Post
    The Voices of Liberty do "Happy Birthday" also, in their typical fashion, during their outside segment.
    Ooh, fun! The birthday girl wasn't with us when we saw them, so we missed out on that part. We did have one of the Voices ask us where we got the Starbucks.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by jennc04 View Post
    Ironic that we just watched "Cars" again a couple of nights ago, and the idea of lighting the neon signs in Cars Land the way they did in the movie never occurred to me! I'm sure glad that the imagineers thought of it, though.

I can't wait to go down and see it for myself!

Wonderful report!! Really got me excited for our trip in Sept!!!

This one time on Friends . . .

• Mischievous Mouse

Very enjoyable TR. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Great trip report! I remember buying a strawberry funnel cake at the stage door cafe just before my family wanted to go home. I said I will catch up and meet them at the tram to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. You would not believe how hard it was to swim through crowds of people on Main Street holding a delicious concoction such as my funnel cake! The looks I was receiving were priceless. Everybody either looked really jealous or scared I would drop it! Needless to say I made it to the tram station without spilling a drop and shared it with my family even though they did not want to wait with me to get one!

• I am number 4 of 999

There IS a little blurb in the Times Guide that says: "Cars Land Lighting- Each evening as night falls over Cars Land, don't miss a special moment showcasing the beautiful neon lights and views of Radiator Springs. Excellent viewing is available all along Route 66 at dusk."

It can happen anytime after 8 PM. Sometimes it's at 8:03, sometimes it's at 8:12. That's what makes it special! You never know until you hear the atmosphere music go silent.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast