Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Trip Report: our road to CarsLand (w/ meals at Flo's, the Carthay, & Carnation Ca

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    There IS a little blurb in the Times Guide that says: "Cars Land Lighting- Each evening as night falls over Cars Land, don't miss a special moment showcasing the beautiful neon lights and views of Radiator Springs. Excellent viewing is available all along Route 66 at dusk."

It can happen anytime after 8 PM. Sometimes it's at 8:03, sometimes it's at 8:12. That's what makes it special! You never know until you hear the atmosphere music go silent.
    I did see that, but I was hoping for something more specific because I REALLY didn't want to miss it.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

• D'land Visitor since '57

Re: Trip Report: our road to CarsLand (w/ meals at Flo's, the Carthay, & Carnation Ca

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    It can happen anytime after 8 PM. Sometimes it's at 8:03, sometimes it's at 8:12. That's what makes it special! You never know until you hear the atmosphere music go silent.

Ahh, but my next trip will be in August, when the sun will be setting earlier. I may need to plan to be in Cars Land by 7 pm. Sounds like this is something I don't want to miss!

Thank you for the great review and beautiful pictures!
    Any suggestions or ideas on how to get the best viewing at WOC (without having to stand for a long period of time)? We will be visiting in September a few days after Labor Day.

awesome TR. obviously you guys had a blast. love all the food stuff too... i think this is my husbands main reason for wanting to get APs (and he's vegan!)

great tips. thanks for sharing!

• Disneymom

ok. I'm gonna sound like a geek or a crazy woman but this tread made me cry alittle. This summer has been so hectic yet so boring. We moved the beginning of May and the same week our daughter who lives with us gave birth to our beautiful grandson. That being said, it was the highlight of the summer. But because of the move and all we couldn't afford to go to DL this year. I really miss the park and can't wait to take my new grandson there ( yes, I know he's only two months old) We had planned on going for carsland but it wasn't to be. Reading your post was very exciting and really puts dreams in my head and heart. We are trying to go in May as the baby will turn one and our youngest will turn 13. Can't wait. Thank you for sharing all you experiences. The food looks yummy.

---------- Post added 07-19-2012 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    I did see that, but I was hoping for something more specific because I REALLY didn't want to miss it.
    Probably because Dusk is never the same time. Sun sets different times different days. Puts more fun into it.

Thanks for the excellent report and pictures.

A little scary if you got in line for the fastpasses before the park was open and the time to use them was after WoC.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by lctom1 View Post
    Ahh, but my next trip will be in August, when the sun will be setting earlier. I may need to plan to be in Cars Land by 7 pm. Sounds like this is something I don't want to miss!
    I think it should still happen a little after 8 PM through the end of the summer. I wouldn't expect it to happen earlier than that until the Fall and Winter.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Thank you for the great review and beautiful pictures!
    Any suggestions or ideas on how to get the best viewing at WOC (without having to stand for a long period of time)? We will be visiting in September a few days after Labor Day.
    One option is to purchase one of the WoC dining packages. In that case you can arrive later and yet get to make use of the preferred viewing area.

---------- Post added 07-21-2012 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyanaFan View Post
    Thanks for the excellent report and pictures.

A little scary if you got in line for the fastpasses before the park was open and the time to use them was after WoC.
    We did use our fastpasses after the return time, so it wasn't quite that bad. However, the fastpasses were gone within two hours of park opening, if I recall correctly.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post
    One of our party had the waffles from Flo's. This came with bacon and fruit, and was (in my opinion) the highlight of breakfast. Why? Well, because of the way the waffles looked. You might expect Mickey waffles, but no. Instead they were Mater & McQueen waffles.

Attachment 22254
    And they're tire shaped waffles! How perfect is that?
    Only a few more sleeps until I get to try this breakfast! Can't wait ... can't wait.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I had the same entree at the Carthy. Yum.
    Thank you so much for sharing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123