Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Is this what Disneyland Summer 2013 is looking like?

How about rebuilding the ORIGINAL Fantasyland Theater, where you can sit and enjoy classic Disney animation for as long as you want? I used to love that place.

Fantasyland Theater at Yesterland

Yesterland Presents Old Fantasyland, 1974

GORILLAS DON'T BLOG: Fantasyland Theater, November 1969

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    I think it's time Disney does something on the scale and production level of a permanent Cirque du Soleil. After seeing three of the Vegas Cirque shows the first thought that popped in my mind was that one of these shows would be GREAT inside a Disney park, whether be done by Cirque or Disney. I know they have a Cirque show in Downtown Disney over at WDW but to have a shorter length show inside the park that comes with admission would be great, imo. Level Fantasyland Theatre and built a new enclosed theater that can house major special effects lock out the outside world.

Honestly I am not a fan of the Broadway style shows inside the parks. I know a lot of people like them but they are kinda boring to me, or I should say not as interesting to me as they may be to others. I'm more of a thrill kinda guy so I am a bit bias toward the acts and stunts in Cirque shows. Plus, Cirque has mastered intertwining great visuals and music with some story to make a great overall show.

If not a new performance theater than I'd rather see Philharmagic placed where the theatre is now, even if it is a clone. Level out the place and start fresh.
    A few things that won't work about this, unfortunately. For starters, Cirque du Soleil is not targeting children or families really. Their shows are geared more towards the adult audience. Also, it would tens of millions of dollars for Disney to integrate a Cirque production into one of their parks, especially inside of it. Lastly, Cirque would require that audiences pay admission to see their show, which would at minimum cost $80+, and they wouldn't budge with their minimum performance time of 90 minutes.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Dillamond View Post
    A few things that won't work about this, unfortunately. For starters, Cirque du Soleil is not targeting children or families really. Their shows are geared more towards the adult audience. Also, it would tens of millions of dollars for Disney to integrate a Cirque production into one of their parks, especially inside of it. Lastly, Cirque would require that audiences pay admission to see their show, which would at minimum cost $80+, and they wouldn't budge with their minimum performance time of 90 minutes.
    In that case Disney should produce the show. Wynn did the same thing at his Vegas resort by pretty much duplicating Cirque's "O."
    Do it in-house and not worry about licencing fees and profit sharing.

A couple of things

1) DCA already has an indoor theater and that's what makes it cool - it's the only one at DLR and it's perfect for indoor broadway style shoes. FL Theater is an outdoor theater and that's what make's its cool too - perfect for enjoying a show in the outdoors. I would be opposed to enclosing it. Either put a outdoor type of show there or tear it down and build something totally new.

2) Sea World is incorporating a lot of Cirque du Soliel type stuff into their shows and I feel like it would be a huge copycat for Disney to do it too.

3)I'd like to see MSEP v 2.0 with upgraded technology and new grander floats. Not that I didn't love MSEP because I did - I haven't seen it in a long time but the way I remember it , I think it would look dated? The possibilities are endless when it comes to covering floats with thousands of tiny lights.

• Minion

I would be against them getting rid of the theatre. I think its great that Disney still does this type of entertainment in their parks. I remember seeing some awesome shows in the 90's when I was a kid. The Snow White show was a total miss, it tried too hard to ended up being boring. I would love to see Disney start doing entertainment to correlate with movies that are coming out like they use to. It's great promotion and keeps people coming back.
    Jeff Wayne

• film975

If they did put Mickey's PhillarMagic in, it would be nice if they used different Disney animated films than the one in Disney World.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

The Summer of 2013 is probably going to be a hit for me. I would like to see the MSEP out again since that is a signature parade (putting it at DCA was very disjointed for me). PFF doesn't belong where the Carnation Plaza is so I don't really think that is a good idea. If anything, they should just scrap the PFF altogether and just let the Princesses roam free like back in the days of 50th and 51st (but it makes too much money so that won't happen).

• Minion

What was the show that had Pocahontas doing "Just Around the River Bend", Quasimodo doing "Out There", and Hercules doing "Go the Distance"? Because a musical revue that focuses on the other wonderful Disney movies would be a wonderful fit there. And incredibly easy to stage. And quick to move from rehearsal to tech to opening.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

"Animazement?"
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• I'm a Lutheran

I'd much rather see something else done with the outdoor theater...why not demolish the site, build a movie theater for PhilharMagic, reboot the entrance so it leads into and exits into Toontown, then build a new dark ride on the side of the theater facing Fantasyland and Small World. Then use all of the space west of PhilharMagic for a major Frontierland expansion. There's plenty of room back there.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I've been guessing these would be there "big" summer plans since Carsland will still be HUGE next year they really only need to add shows next year just to get more people back in Disneyland but DCA does not need anything new for at least 2 years

• Disney friends are #1

I sat through the Pixar Play Parade a couple of times last week and it REALLY felt old and dated. When I see the MSEP, it still "feels" new and amazing. I understand that it is actually a rather old parade BUT it still gives me goose bumps on my arms when the lights go off and the music swells. Over the years I have taken literally dozens and dozens of people to DL/DCA who never had seen the MSEP and they ALL considered it the highlight of their visit. Now, when I ask if friends want to come with me to the parks, I am frequently asked if the MSEP is playing. Sadly, it isn't. It's a moot point anyway. The ticket prices have gotten way too high for me to treat my friends anymore. And when they hear what the ticket prices are, they decline to accompany me. I'll renew my PAP when the time comes BUT it's looking like most of my visits will be as a Single Rider.
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 07-13-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    I sat through the Pixar Play Parade a couple of times last week and it REALLY felt old and dated. When I see the MSEP, it still "feels" new and amazing. I understand that it is actually a rather old parade BUT it still gives me goose bumps on my arms when the lights go off and the music swells.
    I certainly agree with that. I was on BVS recently when the PPP was passing thru, and it just gave off a bit of an awkward feeling. Part of that was because it was clashing quite a bit with BVS, but the other part was that the music just seemed like it should've been redone. Even though it's obviously not ancient, the PPP's music is sounding dated. The MSEP still gives me the same fuzzy feeling too. It's a classic, and has stood the test of time because it's a quality parade that wasn't trying to appeal to the generation it would be playing to when it first began.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenchanter View Post
    1) DCA already has an indoor theater and that's what makes it cool - it's the only one at DLR and it's perfect for indoor broadway style shoes. FL Theater is an outdoor theater and that's what make's its cool too - perfect for enjoying a show in the outdoors. I would be opposed to enclosing it. Either put a outdoor type of show there or tear it down and build something totally new.
    I think these large shows will stick around. They have very large capacity, let people relax for along time, have small waits for the amount of time spent viewing the attraction, and are diverse in nature compared attraction with ride vehicles. If the theater goes it may be replaced by somthing similiar elsewhere.

• One Little Spark...

As much as I enjoyed Philharmagic at WDW, I think the last thing Disneyland needs is another 3D film attraction. There are just too many attractions in the parks relying on 3D technology... Captain EO, Star Tours, Tough to be a Bug, Muppet Vision. They are all unique in their own ways, but get stale (besides Star Tours) really fast.

There has been a Tangled show in talks for the Fantasyland Theater. I personally prefer something with more variety like the old Animazement show had.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast