Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Re: Is this what Disneyland Summer 2013 is looking like?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    In that case Disney should produce the show. Wynn did the same thing at his Vegas resort by pretty much duplicating Cirque's "O."
    Do it in-house and not worry about licencing fees and profit sharing.
    No no, Wynn didn't copy Cirque du Soleil's "O". The director of the popular Cirque shows left Cirque to start his own and created Wynn's "La Reve," which is in my opinion far better than O.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Dillamond View Post
    No no, Wynn didn't copy Cirque du Soleil's "O". The director of the popular Cirque shows left Cirque to start his own and created Wynn's "La Reve," which is in my opinion far better than O.
    Well, I was also going to mention that the Bellagio was also created by Steve Wynn and opened with "O." I didn't know about the director of the show moving over to Wynn but it never surprised me that Steve Wynn created La Reve seeing how Bellagio was his baby and wanted a similar show for his new baby, Wynn Las Vegas.

Side note: Ever since my first visit to Vegas I've been addicted to the place just like with Disneyland and try to keep up with what is happening there as well.

I, too, would enjoy PhilharMagic (which was so good I did it three times on my last visit to WDW)... but I have a feeling the entertainment department is yearning for this one to be back for their own use.

However... god they need to enclose it. Being next to the train tracks and just the surrounding area in general is terribly inconvenient sound-wise. They won't, and I understand that the project would take around six months, upwards to a year (and that's after PFF opens), but maybe someday in the future... maybe.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    "Animazement?"
    Yes! I think a "Best of..." show like Animazement was would be better than having a production that retold the story--especially if it was a story already existent in the Disneyland attraction repertoire or if it is an existing stage production. It's either gotta be something totally new or revive something that hasn't been done elsewhere.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    There has been a Tangled show in talks for the Fantasyland Theater. I personally prefer something with more variety like the old Animazement show had.
    I've hear rumors that a Tangled show is going to replace Beauty and the Beast at Disney's Hollywood Studios. If they are getting the Tangled show, I could see the same show going in at Disneyland. In the mind of Disney, it would be cheaper to use the development costs to create two shows instead of one. All throughout the 90s they always had a new show every year and they would play both at DHS in the Backlot Theater and at Disneyland.

Post Re: Is this what Disneyland Summer 2013 is looking like?

Summer '13 could be pretty much just a carry over from '12...they've done it quite often when pushing major changes or events.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^true but Disneyland while not suffering also is not drawing the people over to it like DCA is...and next summer adding nothing won't bring more people so a new daytime and nighttime show should draw more people to come over to Disneyland.

A Tangled show would filled up almost every shows and the Electrical Parade would fill the sides of the street at night

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123