Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Is this what Disneyland Summer 2013 is looking like?

1) Already Confirmed: Princess Fantasy Faire

2) Fantasyland Theater Return and New Show: Also confirmed but no date listed.

3) Main Street Electrical Parade: SpectroMagic coming back to WDW so rumors say MSEP might come back to DL

So all in all, It would sound like a good summer considering there are no big attractions being developed for next year, how much of a possibility do you think we will have some kind of summer nightastic with all of this being advertised.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Re: Is this what Disneyland Summer 2013 is looking like?

Crossing my fingers we actually get MSEP back on MAIN STREET! And as for the new show at the Fantasyland Theatre, I'm hoping they'll Jungle-fy the theater and create their own version of Festival of the Lion King. That'd be pretty awesome, wouldn't it?!

• Banned User

As someone who just got back from WDW and experienced the Festival of The Lion King, please dont bring that to DL. It has become very boring after a few viewings. Nemo on the other hand was fantastic.

• Circle of Ancients

I agree, the nemo show was great, but that would work better in the Aladdin theater.

Unless they enclosed the FL Theater, it's going to be reserved for shows that aren't so technical.

I'm not really a "Disney Show" person anyway (with the exception of Nemo), and the FL Theater will likely house a show aimed at small children (which I am not one of nor do I have any) so it's not going to impact me either way.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    As someone who just got back from WDW and experienced the Festival of The Lion King, please dont bring that to DL. It has become very boring after a few viewings. Nemo on the other hand was fantastic.
    Really? Because I felt the opposite lol. I felt that Festival of the Lion King was a great show that featured a lot of great acrobatics and traditional African customs whereas Finding Nemo would be so much better if they got rid of the songs. The puppetry was amazing but the songs felt wrong considering the movie did not have songs. Just my opinion.

• Circle of Ancients

If anything I think the Beauty and the Beast show from DHS would work better in the FL Theater.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

The only thing on that list that interests me is MSEP. All the other stuff... *yawn*

But then I avoid the park during the summer anyway. But if they run MSEP off season, that would be amazing!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If anything I think the Beauty and the Beast show from DHS would work better in the FL Theater.
    It was done in the 90's in that theatre already.
    Jeff Wayne

• film975

How about enclosing the Fantasyland Theater and putting Mickey's PhillarMagic in there. That would be the perfect location for that attraction since Toontown is right next door.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    How about enclosing the Fantasyland Theater and putting Mickey's PhillarMagic in there. That would be the perfect location for that attraction since Toontown is right next door.
    I was thinking the same thing two. Making the fantasyland theater n to a indoor building n put mickey phillarmagic.

I'm waiting for the construction walls to go back up.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    1) Already Confirmed: Princess Fantasy Faire

2) Fantasyland Theater Return and New Show: Also confirmed but no date listed.

3) Main Street Electrical Parade: SpectroMagic coming back to WDW so rumors say MSEP might come back to DL
    How do we know any of this is correct?

1. All we know is Winter 2013. Is this next January or February, or is is November or December 2013?

2. What if they decided to tear the theater down and build something else in the area, it's the subject of many blue sky discussions. If those discussions happen hear, they probably happen in Glendale too.

3. This rumor has persisted from a little after the ELP left DCA. Since time has gone on is the chance getting better that the parade returns or goes in the trash?

• Disneyland History Lover

I believe Al mentioned that the plan is to install a show based on the Fab Five in the Fantasyland Theater.

• Former CM

^ Yeah, this is what I have heard as well and a fab five stage show sounds awesome!

• Hall Of Promise

I think it's time Disney does something on the scale and production level of a permanent Cirque du Soleil. After seeing three of the Vegas Cirque shows the first thought that popped in my mind was that one of these shows would be GREAT inside a Disney park, whether be done by Cirque or Disney. I know they have a Cirque show in Downtown Disney over at WDW but to have a shorter length show inside the park that comes with admission would be great, imo. Level Fantasyland Theatre and built a new enclosed theater that can house major special effects lock out the outside world.

Honestly I am not a fan of the Broadway style shows inside the parks. I know a lot of people like them but they are kinda boring to me, or I should say not as interesting to me as they may be to others. I'm more of a thrill kinda guy so I am a bit bias toward the acts and stunts in Cirque shows. Plus, Cirque has mastered intertwining great visuals and music with some story to make a great overall show.

If not a new performance theater than I'd rather see Philharmagic placed where the theatre is now, even if it is a clone. Level out the place and start fresh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast