January Hours at the Parks/Downtown District + January Season Questions

Hello there!

I am currently planning my Birthday trip to Disneyland for January '13 (23rd - 29th to be exact!). I know that the official hours won't be announced for some time, but I was curious what people think would be the general Park/Downtown District hours around that time of year. For example, me and my mom are arriving into CA around 8PM and are hoping one of the places to eat in Downtown Disney would be opened for a late dinner around 9PM ish. Just curious!

Other questions:

Does anyone happen to know if Fantasmic is always closed during the Winter till March? I noticed that was the case last year, but not sure if thats a yearly thing?

By late January will any of the Christmas food/specials still available or are they shifting over to Valentine's Day at the point?

Also I would love to have any recommendations for things to do when going to Disneyland that early in the year! I went for the first time last August during D23, so any suggestions would be great. (Ex: what things might be closed, what things are special, how are the crowds, etc.)

Thanks a bunch!
    Check out my blog Magic Ala Mode: The Blog for the Grown Up Disney Gal!

http://magicalamode.blogspot.com/

Officially online at 8/25/2011

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: January Hours at the Parks/Downtown District + January Season Questions

Downtown is usually open till atleast 10 and sorry to say but yes fantasmic will be closed
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Minion

In January the crowds are light. Small World might be closed on your visit to remove the holiday overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    Downtown is usually open till atleast 10 and sorry to say but yes fantasmic will be closed
    Thats a shame, but hopefully World of Color will be playing? I heard it was closed for a couple of days on and off last year. And hoping it will be opened!

---------- Post added 07-14-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

Thanks for the info, had a feeling Small World would be closed.
    Check out my blog Magic Ala Mode: The Blog for the Grown Up Disney Gal!

http://magicalamode.blogspot.com/

Officially online at 8/25/2011

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

World of color is on every night now , I don't see it closeing on any days
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Done with MC.

I could be wrong but I think the parks hours are pretty short that time of year - maybe opening at 10:00 am closing at something like 6:00 PM. I hope I'm wrong though!

• Please pull the yellowtab

By late January the holiday food and decorations should all be down by then. The 2 rides I know for sure that are closed for some time in January are: Small World and Haunted Mansion.

Late January is considered off season so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple of other attractions and/or buildings closed off for touch ups and repair. I'm not too sure about Fantasmic but for the past couple of years it has been down for a few weeks (between Jan-May) for refurb. Don't know if it will be the same in 2013. However, when Fantasmic is running during off-season, it is usually only performed on weekends. World of Color should be running every night during off-season as it has in the past.

From what I remember, park hours usually go from 10 AM- 8PM. Or maybe until 10PM? My memory is kind of fuzzy.

But look on the bright-side, the lines should be considerably shorter in comparison to the current, summer peak season!
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 07-14-2012 at 06:30 PM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Sleepy...

Hi! Based on January 2012, here's what Disneyland could look like on January 2013:

Hours: Disneyland- 8a-8p DCA- 10a-9p (but I highly doubt the hours in 2013 will be the same because of the completed expansion hype).

Fantasmic! was on hiatus 2012. But fireworks played every weekend, I believe it's the "Remember" show. Soundsational will probably only have one showing (near closing time). World of Color always played even during off season (unless they plan a refurbishment).

EDIT! - Okay, I researched the schedule from Jan 2011 and it looked like F! was showing every weekend. So there's still a possibility you'll see it

Attractions that will be closed: Haunted Mansion and Small World but not at the same time. When they finish removing the overlay from one of them, they immediately close the other one for removal.

But who knows, it this all depends on what Disney decides to do with refurbishments that time of year. Like 2ndStar2theRight said, the lines will be really short, so that's a plus!
    Last edited by strikeuptheband; 07-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.