Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Is REX one year away from retiring?

JANUARY 6, 2007: Does anybody know what that day is? It marks the 20th anniversary of Star Tours. Rumors have been floating around for almost seven years now speculating on a new Star Tours focused mainly on the new films. George Lucas said himslef not too long ago that he is working on a new Star Tours ride for Disney parks. I think that the 20th anniversary is the best time for this to happen, no one wants to wit till the 25th anniversary. Well, at least he won't have to go through another "first time" seeing as REX has oversated his 19 year old welcome as described by some. We'll have to see what happens, it's only one year away so I hope this project starts soon enough.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Looking for Love

Re: Is REX one year away from retiring?

I like REX. I don't care too much for Paul Rubbins as the voice. I can hear too much PeeWee in it. But maybe Rex's offspring will shuttle the next version of Starwars. They can call it Rex 2.0 and maybe have a girl do the voice or somthing.

• Banned User

And what is wrong with PeeWee?
    I personally find REX to be the best part of the ride.
    I've rode the ride in both English and French, and REX is my favourite on both.

• Banned User

Personally I think Goerge lucas should make a few films from different situations throughout the entire series. I also think they should keep the original film. The films would come at randome order equally except the origianl film which would go about 1/2 or 1/3 as much. Either way even if it is just one film it would be nice

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I <3 REX! I think his little tag is absolutely adorable, too When the FedEx robot was removed, I was very sad

Maybe if we had an ewok fly for one of the movies, then I'd be cool with it. Ewoks are the best.

That would be cool. Each Starspeeder would have it's own different AA, depending what adventure you took.

I really like RX-24, too. The tone is just right. ... funny, but not too funny.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I just hope whatever they end up doing with the ride (if anything) it still makes sense as being a transport SHUTTLE designed for multiple people. (Or in other words, I don't want to heard about any sort of podracing idea)

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    When the FedEx robot was removed, I was very sad
    Your not talking about the cool FedEx Robot in Space Mountain are you??? I love that little guy! He best be there are heads will roll!

• șoș Tom șoș

There are dozens of other famous character voice actors who could play an alternative pilot think of all the amazing actors from the many recent Pixar films like the guy who played Cliff, he would make a pretty interesting pilot...just add a mustache!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I seem to recall that originally the idea was to have 3 or more versions of Star Tours so you'd have different experiences. I guess that part never panned out but it could also just be a rumor. I do wish there were some alternate versions tho. I know every turn and drop now. Plus the film is looking a little faded.

It's been 20 years? Good lord, I was working there then when that ride opened!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo
    I seem to recall that originally the idea was to have 3 or more versions of Star Tours so you'd have different experiences. I guess that part never panned out but it could also just be a rumor. I do wish there were some alternate versions tho. I know every turn and drop now. Plus the film is looking a little faded.

It's been 20 years? Good lord, I was working there then when that ride opened!
    Multiple flights should be offered.

When Star Tours opened to Disneyland guests, Disney was trying to create software-based attractions that could be changed more often. So, I know that the original creators had multiple flights in mind from the outset.

If Michael Eisner had not angered George Lucas, the attraction probably would have received its additional flights a decade ago.

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Your not talking about the cool FedEx Robot in Space Mountain are you??? I love that little guy! He best be there are heads will roll!
    (from pineapplewhipaddict, my girlfriend)

Yup, same little guy is gone. It's because FedEx doesn't sponsor the ride anymore...

Hmm, I wonder where he went...
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by startours4ever
    (from pineapplewhipaddict, my girlfriend)

Yup, same little guy is gone. It's because FedEx doesn't sponsor the ride anymore...

Hmm, I wonder where he went...
    I wonder if maybe they stuck him in the StarTours Queue??? Or maybe they will stick him in there when they do they Startours update/new movie.
    Disney doesen't just trow out famous Disneyland icons/props like that. They usually hide them in new rides/lands/themes as tributes and to add WOW factors.

Just out of curiosity....who sponcers Space Mountain now? Why did FedEx pull out of one of the most popular rides in Disneyland?

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    I wonder if maybe they stuck him in the StarTours Queue??? Or maybe they will stick him in there when they do they Startours update/new movie.
    Disney doesen't just trow out famous Disneyland icons/props like that. They usually hide them in new rides/lands/themes as tributes and to add WOW factors.

Just out of curiosity....who sponcers Space Mountain now? Why did FedEx pull out of one of the most popular rides in Disneyland?
    Well, they sold the old Disneyland marquee on ebay...

Nobody sponsors Space Mountain from what I know, and I don't know why FedEx pulled out...
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

In all fairness in terms of the marquee, something like that is a bit BIG to hide....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast