Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disney Exhibit, Regan Library - PICS!

Brian,

You're lucky to live that close to the museum - that was a horrid trek from OC, and I'm originally from Woodland Hills!
    Since you didn't recognize the prop from Bedknobs & Broomsticks, I say you must watch it! Very cool film a bit ahead of it's time.
    I agree - great place to visit regardless of your political affiliations.
    Lastly, I feel like an idiot for not recognizing the piece of the Berlin wall. No wonder tourists were posing for pics with it! <OOPS>
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    The car is not Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (which isn't a Disney film, by the way) but rather the car from The Absentminded Professor, supposedly powered by his invention of flying rubber, called Flubber.

The display table of paraphernalia belonged to Professor Emelius Browne from Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing!
    Yeah, "mom's" reference must have been thinking it was Chitty.

Seeing the Flubber Car does make me think that it would be fun if Radiator Springs would occassionally host other Special Guest Star Cars from tv and movies. There are several that could be used, and or invited, from the Flubber car, Walt's private electric cars he used in Disneyland, Herbie aka the Love Bug, Benny the Cab, invite the original Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, yeah, dreaming here, but even KITT could be invited for a visit. I saw there are real cars built that look like the ones in Wacky Races (if anyone remembers that older H/B toon.

---------- Post added 07-16-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Brian,

You're lucky to live that close to the museum - that was a horrid trek from OC, and I'm originally from Woodland Hills!
    >
    At Least it's not as far as the Disney Museum WAY up north

• former CM

Thanks for posting those pics, Brian!

Perhaps this thread could be combined with this one:

Walt Disney Archives Exhibit at Reagan Library Video

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Thank you for the pictures! I would love to see the exhibit. It looks amazing.

I still have my viewmaster and a bunch of different Disneyland Land reels still in their packaging! They were a great way to see the Park when we weren't going to be there for another year when I was young!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Sorry about the bad spelling in the title! I am such a snob when it comes to spelling too. I am unable to edit the title so Unless a moderator can fix it, I'll live with the shame.

Spectroman, now you know how we feel on our drive to DLR, although is not so bad on a weekend morning (less than an hour drive), or before 2pm on or after 7pm on a Weekday. Once we left on a Friday at like 3:30 and it took 3.5 hours. Horrible. There was an accident, and stalled car before the accident.

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    So why is there Disney stuff at the Reagan Library?

Thanks for posting these though!
    Grand Opening Ceremony of D23 Presents: "Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives" - 7/5/12 - YouTube This should explain it.
    Always read the fine print.

I saw this post a few weeks ago so I went today. The library itself is well worth the hour's drive from LAX, but the Disney exhibit was a really great bonus. It's there through April. Unfortunately, I stayed until closing (5:00PM) and it took me two hours to get home to Torrance.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    THis is the size of a small car up close. Really cool:

Attachment 22421
    *squints* Is that Bucky or Murphy? I can't quite tell...

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Oh, last thing, for the drinkers in the house. There is an actual Pub imported board for board from Ireland that sells beer at the Musem. (more of a snack bar that has beer and wine). It was the one Regan visited back in the 80s on trip. I was there early in the day so did not partake of anything, still on caffeine at that point of course but you can have an actual beer there in a real Irish pub imported from Ireland. board for board. Its below Air Force one in the large area with the huge windows for any Irish missing home. Really cool actually.
    Ooh! Do they have Guinness on tap?

• Nerd

great pics. I keep meaning to get up there and see the display. Thanks for posting
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12