Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Why is Haunted Mansion scheduled to be closed on August 27th?

I agree. Holiday is cute and ok, but it takes waaay to much calendar time away from the classic, superior Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

I don't care for the overlay. It gets annoying after a while hearing people wonder where Jack Skellington is, just like they wonder where Jack Sparrow is in POTC. Seriously what is up with all the goose chases of Jacks this decade in NOS. lol

It would be nice if they gave the original HM some TLC. Rode it 3 times in mid-June and had audio problems every time. After getting used to the FL version in recent years (and its updates), the DL version definitely seems lacking now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by Bork View Post
    It would be nice if they gave the original HM some TLC. Rode it 3 times in mid-June and had audio problems every time. After getting used to the FL version in recent years (and its updates), the DL version definitely seems lacking now.
    We just went to DL last week and had the opposite experience, everything was working fine as well as the audio. :/

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Parking Lot > DCA

When do all of the HBG rumors start happening? It's almost that time..

• Monorail Junkie

I know several people that would love to have the overlay year round. It is a nice treat during the holiday season.

It's always a big deal about how popular HMH is, but I wonder if its October surge in ridership is simply due to it being Halloween season and people would go on the original HM just as much that month if it were allowed to stay. It's the only haunted attraction there, after all.

I wish they'd keep it original but add a few live "scare-actors" in it during October. They could avoid buggies with children. I rode it during the brief period with the live suit of armor in 1986 and it was quite a thrill. I'm sure that would increase ridership -- "The Mansion Comes ALIVE!" I'd even buy the extra Halloween Party ticket to see that.

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    We love the original, and while the overlay is OK, I have to drag my husband on the overlay version when we go. We normally try to ride the original at least twice a day and the overlay seems to just take away the best of what that ride is. But really, do they have to close it in August??? Why not shut it down for the last two weeks in September at the earliest. Give plenty of time for Halloween and Christmas. I realize that retailers like to shove Christmas out there as soon as possible, but I think putting the overlay out in August is way, WAY to soon.
    Yep. I obviously understand the overlay theme represents both holidays, but two holiday seasons makes it way too long for the classic ride to be covered up.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

^^Oh so Yes to that!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Yep. I obviously understand the overlay theme represents both holidays, but two holiday seasons makes it way too long for the classic ride to be covered up.
    And it feels more like it's focusing on Christmas since there's snow all over and Jack saying "Merry Christmas" when you go into the graveyard. I don't wanna hear Merry Christmas on Halloween, but that's just me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    When do all of the HBG rumors start happening? It's almost that time..
    Here you go: I heard that, when Haunted Mansion is restored to its classic version in January, they will be installing the Hatbox Ghost. This was told to me by my brothers' friends' uncles' former roomate. So it's a pretty solid source.

• Heavy Breather

From the perspective of someone who has only been to Disneyland once. I've always wanted to see the HMH. I can see that there is a pretty mixed response to it. So to all of you out there. When you first heard that HM would get a holiday overlay, what were your fears?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    Here you go: I heard that, when Haunted Mansion is restored to its classic version in January, they will be installing the Hatbox Ghost. This was told to me by my brothers' friends' uncles' former roomate. So it's a pretty solid source.
    And so it begins..

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that it seems to be available less and less each year as the regular HM? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the HMH takes over for a longer period of time each year.
    Yes, yes it does...

• Dave

Blog Entries

I love both, sorry. I like the change and love jack, but we usually go during Thanksgiving and always love the Haunted mansion Christmas version, but my Kids have never been to the parks during the normal season and it has been along time since I have so I am looking forward to seeing the original version.
    One other ride that I would love to see have a haunted overlay is the subs sailing through the haunted oceans or ship wreck graveyard.
    Any one else whom would love to see a holiday overlay of any holiday? Easter, Cinco De Mayo, Saint Patties?
    Dave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast