Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: Why is Haunted Mansion scheduled to be closed on August 27th?

I keep hoping that they'll build a brand new NBC attraction to have year round. Not that I'd go on it, but maybe then they'd leave the classic Haunted Mansion alone!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I keep hoping that they'll build a brand new NBC attraction to have year round. Not that I'd go on it, but maybe then they'd leave the classic Haunted Mansion alone!
    They should, maybe in Fantasyland

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I wish they'd keep it original but add a few live "scare-actors" in it during October. They could avoid buggies with children. I rode it during the brief period with the live suit of armor in 1986 and it was quite a thrill. I'm sure that would increase ridership -- "The Mansion Comes ALIVE!" I'd even buy the extra Halloween Party ticket to see that.
    As fun as that would be, it'd still deter many families. It'd only take one mishap for parents to avoid it. Plus, what if the kid sees a different buggy get scared and suddenly they're terrified that they'll be a victim as well?

Put it in DCA with a new "Halloween Town" Land and have Jack and Co. take over all of DCA during the Halloween/Christmas season. It wouldn't need to be on the scale of Cars Land and they already know the characters are popular (perhaps timelessly so, considering they're still going strong two decades later).

• Minion

NBC is VERY Popular! every time I go to DLR lots of people are wearing Jack! all year round. If they build a new attraction, it would be very popular, it appeals to both boys and girls, all ages, and Everyone!

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Haven't been able to see the regular version in years!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Circle of Ancients

I LOVE the overlay, but I agree, this should be an offering for Christmas, not Halloween. I'd love to have the original Mansion around for Halloween. Sept. 14 is WAY too early to be thinking about Christmas.

That said, I'm glad the Halloween offerings elsewhere are getting extended, just not this one.

While I do like the Holiday overlay, I do find it to be vastly inferior to the actual Haunted Mansion. Opening in the middle of September is illogical in my opinion. Not only is it too early for Christmas, it is also too early for Halloween. I would prefer for the Holiday version to be treated as a "special attraction" only done once every few years. An alternative to that would be alternate each year with the Walt Disney World version. Let the Florida folks experience Skellington for a change.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The HMH gets more lines....so its here to stay love it or hate it.....

I like it more since its just MORE to look at and I love NBC too....and so love that its up longer then just 2 months

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Every time I go to DLR, HM is always under refurb or is in it's holiday state. I've never seen it in it's original state

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by wdwleesa View Post
    I am sure in am in the minority but I really don't like that movie.

Leesa
    I am part of Minority I would much rather have The Corpse Bride during Halloween and then NBC for Christmas or none at all. Although I do love the Aroma at the Ballroom part I believe its Gingerbread
    Always read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    The HMH gets more lines....so its here to stay love it or hate it.....

I like it more since its just MORE to look at and I love NBC too....and so love that its up longer then just 2 months
    Please don't get me wrong. I think that the HMH has considerable charm, but I don't like it nearly as much as I like the original attraction. I also still fail to see why a Christmas-themed attraction needs to be up as early as September. Even Walmart doesn't start selling Christmas stuff until mid-October. Even if you consider it a Halloween attraction, September is still too early in my opinion.

It's not that I hate HMH, it's just that if you aren't local or can't visit DLR other times of the year and can only go or tend to go in the last 3 months of the year, you REALLY miss classic HM! I understand the movie is Halloween and Christmas coming together but the movie still feels like a Christmas movie to me. A few years ago, when Disney was re-releasing the 3D version into theaters, they always did it in October. That made no sense to me. It felt like it should have been re-released around Thanksgiving.

My idea for a compromise was this: Close HM the day after Labor Day and add some of the HMH Halloween decorations like Jack O Lanterns and gothic ribbons/wreaths. Have the pumkinhead scarecrow out front but no santa hat for example. With only superficial changes and mainly plussing on the outside, maybe the ride wouldn't have to close down but a week and could be more in mid September. Then the day after Halloween, close HM again to add more the Xmas decor and the NBC characters/portraits. Open it up the week of Thanksgiving and run it till after New Years.

• Banned User

Maybe hatbox ghost?

^
    This.

Not that I don't like NBC because I do, I also like the song "It's raining men". What do these two things have in common? They are both things I like that have no place in the Haunted Mansion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast