Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatUter
    oh please...

im sick of all this...

get over yourselves...

the only way i think you should be able to be pissed about this subject is if you have been going to Disneyland FOR FIFTY YEARS...

if you havent, keep your traps shut!

sorry if that came off as rude, but trashing WDW isnt gonna make things any better...

and how many of you that trash WDW have actually been to WDW... even then i think i would give you a little liniency, but if not... again, keep your traps shut
    We only have the right to be upset if we've been going for 50 years? I think not.

Your reasoning is absurd. Walt Disney World is not fifty years old. This shirt has a large 50 and the words "Walt Disney World" which clearly conveys the message that Walt Disney World is 50 years of age. We all know that is false. Not only is it converying the wrong message, its just ...wrong. It's like if your younger sibling was stealing your presents and hogging the spotlight at your birthday party. It's just not right.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Needs the smell of summer

This reminds me of that TV commercial for WDW. It shows Walt Disney Giving his commemorative speech at Disneyland, with the Walt Disney World Castle superimposed behind him. It is completely misleading.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus
    This reminds me of that TV commercial for WDW. It shows Walt Disney Giving his commemorative speech at Disneyland, with the Walt Disney World Castle superimposed behind him. It is completely misleading.
    Yeah, but I have to say that this shirt is probably even more misleading than that commercial.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by inav
    Ick, I'm suing for fraud and false advertisement
    YOU SHOULD!!!! Do your realize you would easily win? There is no argument against fact.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Your reasoning is absurd. Walt Disney World is not fifty years old. This shirt has a large 50 and the words "Walt Disney World" which clearly conveys the message that Walt Disney World is 50 years of age. We all know that is false. Not only is it converying the wrong message, its just ...wrong. It's like if your younger sibling was stealing your presents and hogging the spotlight at your birthday party. It's just not right.
    That's EXACTLY what I've thought and said..
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Banned User

oh please...

im sick of all this...

get over yourselves...

the only way i think you should be able to be pissed about this subject is if you have been going to Disneyland FOR FIFTY YEARS...

sorry if that came off as rude, but trashing WDW isnt gonna make things any better...

and how many of you that trash WDW have actually been to WDW... even then i think i would give you a little liniency, but if not... again, keep your traps shut
    Disney Apologist ALERT!!! Yes your remarks came off rude but that's OK. Besides...it's fun to trash WDW since (besides 'the blessing of size') it has not much else to offer and it grossly overpriced at $62 per day, plus hop options..plus water parks/PI options...etc etc etc...
    As for your last sentence...how many of us jada jada... I have you know I go to WDW almost every week of my puny life and *was* a CM there as well during the so called "golden days" of WDW in the early 80s. So yes...besides a huge drop in the overall quality of the plce and huge increases in park prices... complaining about the distorded and phoney happiest celebration is just peanuts. ...and we won't shut up about it, like it or not.

• Minion

Forgive me DL purists, for I consider myself one of you,
    but I just don't get what all the fuss is about.
    Bigger profits for Walt Disney Company all around, only helps our park, and helps Disney. Who cares what marketing scheme they use?
    We, and anyone who actually cares about these things know which park is really 50. Those who don't hold much stock into the real history, it doesn't matter what is said to them anyway. Did you take a look at Kevin Yee's column today? Even with all its size, and prestige, DL made nearly as much at the gates as WDW last year! Now when you consider how many people can get into the gate at each park, I think its pretty clear, people DID KNOW which park it was all about. I'm not saying get over yourself, just don't get all worked up over it, its minor in the long run!

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

our "parks" mean AK, MGM studios, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. i mean lets look at what both got for the 50th

Disneyland: 2 C-tickets
    New parade
    New fireworks
    Rebuilding of Space Mountain

Walt Disney World:
    2 E-Tickets
    Two new shows
    New fireworks

its not exactly fair at the least. When i saw the commercial with Walt in front of Cinderella Castle i was so pissed off. They even said on the commercial "50 years of magic" and they didnt say Disney parks at the end they said Walt Disney World resort

• Captain Hooks 2nd Mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Return
    our "parks" mean AK, MGM studios, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. i mean lets look at what both got for the 50th

Disneyland: 2 C-tickets
    New parade
    New fireworks
    Rebuilding of Space Mountain

Walt Disney World:
    2 E-Tickets
    Two new shows
    New fireworks
    Disney World didnt get anything original... they got copies/******* versions of other attractions and shows from other parks... the only thing completely new at WDW is Everest, which looks amazing...

-Soarin - from DCA
    -Cinderellabration - ******* version of show from Tokyo (ive seen a video of the original, and it is thousands times better then WDW)
    -Lights, Motors, Action - DLP... havent seen the original so i dont know if it is a copy or ******* version
    -Lucky the DInosaur - on loan for 2 months from Tokyo

and i dont know what new fireworks you are talking about, but Wishes in NO WAY compares to Remember... Remember is just simply amazing

and i would like to apologize for the way i stated my opinion yesterday... i truly love both properties, and both hold special places in my heart, and it hurts me to see people trashing WDW... it also is magical, albiet for different reasons... the main one i love it so much is all the work it does with Give Kids the World and Make a Wish...

next time i defend WDW i will try and hold my temper...

THANKS EVERYONE
    least reputation points on MiceChat!!!

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

and also one of our rides are a copy

And also i accidently wrote new fireworks but Everest is pretty much an upgraded Matterhorn

• More Than Meets The Mouse

oh please...

im sick of all this...

get over yourselves...

"AND YOU KIDS STAY OFF MY LAWN!"

Ok seriously... why is it only people that have been going to DL for 50 years can be upset that WDW is riding the coat tails of DL's 50th to promote itself. What I see thats sick about it, is I see more 50th commercials for WDW than I do DL. As someone else mentioned, that would be like your younger sibling being wished happy birthday on your birthday and getting all your well wishes and presents. Hey, my Dad just celebrated his 50th birthday (maybe 51st, I cant remember off hand) in November... does that mean I should've been the one called and wished happy 50th instead of him? If I were WDW and he were DL, it apparently would.

and i would like to apologize for the way i stated my opinion yesterday... i truly love both properties, and both hold special places in my heart, and it hurts me to see people trashing WDW... it also is magical, albiet for different reasons... the main one i love it so much is all the work it does with Give Kids the World and Make a Wish...

next time i defend WDW i will try and hold my temper...

THANKS EVERYONE
    That's just it, nobody is really trashing WDW... Just the marketing for WDW. Which is all that shirt is that started this thread... a misleading Marketing tool for a park that really doesnt need to ride DLs coat tails.

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    Forgive me DL purists, for I consider myself one of you, but I just don't get what all the fuss is about.
    Bigger profits for Walt Disney Company all around, only helps our park, and helps Disney. Who cares what marketing scheme they use?
    We, and anyone who actually cares about these things know which park is really 50. Those who don't hold much stock into the real history, it doesn't matter what is said to them anyway. Did you take a look at Kevin Yee's column today? Even with all its size, and prestige, DL made nearly as much at the gates as WDW last year! Now when you consider how many people can get into the gate at each park, I think its pretty clear, people DID KNOW which park it was all about. I'm not saying get over yourself, just don't get all worked up over it, its minor in the long run!
    I agree for the most part, but Marketing should be more original while acknowledging DL's 50th, but not trying to take away from it for its own gain. Which is really all it is. If they can get more people over to WDW to celebrate the 50th, it would mean more money for the company. Not necessarily a bad thing, but DL and WDW both have different accounting departments. At least they should... each part of a company is normally divided by its subsidiary parts, but I digress. Now what comes into WDW, goes back into WDW for wages, R&D for new (and new to them) attractions and such. Same goes for DL, the money it takes in during it's celebration is what goes back into the company for wages, R&D, etc. So take potential money away from DL by bringing people to WDW and you're basically hurting DL. Not really a minor thing in the long run, because the money that DL could have brought in and used is now elsewhere being used for another park (albeit another park in the same company) and things get neglected because the money isn't there when it could be.

Make more sense?
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Disney Memory Maker

So much DL rah rah rah here, and not enough straight thinking. First of all, let me say the obvious... who cares if Disney World has a shirt that says 50 on it. More $$ for WDW = More $$ for Disney = More $$ to spend at all the Disney parks.

Okay, let me run over some facts...
    1) The Happiest Celebration on Earth is a global celebration of the 50th anniversary of Disney Theme parks
    2) Despite what you guys think, no where on that shirt does it say that WDW is 50. The implying is on your behalf.
    3) MK & WDW is not jealous of DL's 50th. A quick glance at attendance figures shows that MK is well ahead of DL (and the other 3 WDW parks are doing tons better than DCA).
    4) The only people who are going to care are the people posting here. Anyone who would care already knows this is DL's birthday.
    5) Disney is going to do anything it can to promote WDW. Just face up to it now. WDW is a resort destination. The kind of place where people stay on property, eat on property, and stay for long periods of time. I am absolutly positive that if & when WDW has a global celebration, DL will get in on the advertising.

Even with all its size, and prestige, DL made nearly as much at the gates as WDW last year!
    42.8m vs 20.3m........not even close. Even the MK vs DL battle, MK leads by a huge 2m margin.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    So much DL rah rah rah here, and not enough straight thinking. First of all, let me say the obvious... who cares if Disney World has a shirt that says 50 on it. More $$ for WDW = More $$ for Disney = More $$ to spend at all the Disney parks.

Okay, let me run over some facts...
    1) The Happiest Celebration on Earth is a global celebration of the 50th anniversary of Disney Theme parks
    I didn't need to read anything further that what you state up there Mikey because you are a bona fide Eisner apologist who sees no wrong in the way WDW's management conducts their business... But to argue your point... the profits made from selling this one particular tee are not enough "$$ to spend at all the Disney (WDW?) parks". They are not spending the money because I don't see it. The parks at WDW still look trashed, dirty, unkept and the old classic rides at this MK are simply that: OLD albatrosses with no newly updated magic to make me smile in glee. So where is this money you claim is being invested on WDW?? My guess would be management bonuses.

As for fact #1 one above... this is not really a global celebration at all but the Disney Press machine has made you believe so... and keep in mind it's me visiting ALL of the 5 resorts on Earth on a regular basis and not you.. reason why I know what I am talking about here in regards to the foreign properties. At the present time there is absolutely NOTHING related to DL's 50th that is being done at neither DLRP (Wishes was not a DL show mind you and it's already off the entertainment schedule), TDR or even the lovely HKDLR. Absolutely NOTHING. No merchandise, no shows, no banners (except for TDL's "DL's 50th" banner wrapped around 'Partners' pedestal) The only place where DL's 50th is being celebrated is DL and at WDW...sort of, because they are using a very vague connection to DL's 50th as an excuse to add some new shows and rides while basically doing NOTHING to honor DL's history and milestones. None of the new additions at WDW in the past year honor DL in any way.... Not even 'Soarin' which is a DCA ride and not DL. Where is the "Disneyland's 50th Exhibit" at WDW?? OH I forgot... we got the HKDL preview instead.. get where I am coming from here??
    That is my rant about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I didn't need to read anything further that what you state up there Mikey because you are a bona fide Eisner apologist who sees no wrong in the way WDW's management conducts their business... But to argue your point... the profits made from selling this one particular tee are not enough "$$ to spend at all the Disney (WDW?) parks". They are not spending the money because I don't see it. The parks at WDW still look trashed, dirty, unkept and the old classic rides at this MK are simply that: OLD albatrosses with no newly updated magic to make me smile in glee. So where is this money you claim is being invested on WDW?? My guess would be management bonuses.

As for fact #1 one above... this is not really a global celebration at all but the Disney Press machine has made you believe so... and keep in mind it's me visiting ALL of the 5 resorts on Earth on a regular basis and not you.. reason why I know what I am talking about here in regards to the foreign properties. At the present time there is absolutely NOTHING related to DL's 50th that is being done at neither DLRP (Wishes was not a DL show mind you and it's already off the entertainment schedule), TDR or even the lovely HKDLR. Absolutely NOTHING. No merchandise, no shows, no banners (except for TDL's "DL's 50th" banner wrapped around 'Partners' pedestal) The only place where DL's 50th is being celebrated is DL and at WDW...sort of, because they are using a very vague connection to DL's 50th as an excuse to add some new shows and rides while basically doing NOTHING to honor DL's history and milestones. None of the new additions at WDW in the past year honor DL in any way.... Not even 'Soarin' which is a DCA ride and not DL. Where is the "Disneyland's 50th Exhibit" at WDW?? OH I forgot... we got the HKDL preview instead.. get where I am coming from here??
    That is my rant about it.
    This is DL's birthday and all we ask is that the other parks acknowledge that it is DL's birthday. We are not asking Disney to not promote the 50th for all the parks. At least promote in the parks that it is DL's birthday and that is what the 50th celebration is all about.

• Circle of Ancients

My question is who would buy that shirt anyway? That 50 is really ugly. Disneyland's "50"s actually look good. This 50 does not. ()

But this all goes back to the commercial that I posted about earlier. This, however, is far more misleading than that. I don't see why WDW needs to even be involved in Disneyland's 50th or any celebration pertaining to any other Disney theme park. I wouldn't want Disneyland celebrating Disney World's 50th. I ran across an old Disney Catalog that came out for Walt's 95th. The entire selection of merchendise was Cinderella Castle (WDW), not Sleeping Beauty Castle (DL). They called it Walt's castle and Walt's park. Walt Disney World is the major resort destination for Disney. They shouldn't be involved in any celebration but their own. They don't need to be. It's named for a man who never was able to see it, and if the man, who this resort is named for, saw this 50th hogging disaster, he'd have a heart attack. Disneyland was Uncle Walt's park. It always will be, and nothing can change that. Disney World will get what's coming to it though... some day... maybe on its 50th.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast