Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 117
  1. #46

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Wow, Mikey.... Wow. You can ALWAYS be counted on to "apologize" and then almost completely miss someone's point(s), all while defending your own flawed logic. You seriously should go into politics. Or better yet, into Disney's PR department.
    I did not appoligize for what I said. I meant each and every word of it. I did appoligize if how I said it was rude.


    Is that shirt misleading? YES. Is it deceptive advertising (regardless of whether or not it is being marketed to guests already inside WDW)? YES.
    It is not misleading. Disney has said (many a time) that the HCoE is a celebration of 50 years of Disney theme parks. Whether or not you like it, that is what it is. And don't be saying anything about this just being a Disney press thing. It is their celebration. They can make it whatever they want it to be. So going by facts (and not opinions), the shirt is not misleading because it is referencing 50 as 50 years of Disney theme parks.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  2. #47

    • 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern end of the DLR
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    But that is NOT WHAT THE SHIRT SAYS!!! That is only what you say it says in order to defend yourself, regardless of plainly visible, documented facts shown in that photo! You're unbelievable!

    But thank you for proving my point. By the way, the Disney Marketing Department is in that direction... and I recomment you work in the Florida parks division.

  3. #48

    • ...or just Tonny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    337

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Well, it's another piece of evidence (one of hundreds, if not thousands) that Disney is a business and that creativity is dead. Hmm, perhaps I should turn into a Universal fan...
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

  4. #49

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    But that is NOT WHAT THE SHIRT SAYS!! That is only what you say it says in order to defend yourself, regardless of plainly visible, documented facts shown in that photo! You're unbelievable!
    Okay, then answer me this one question....where on the shirt does it say that WDW is 50?

    On a similar note, can anyone who is able to see this shirt in person tell me what it says on the inside tag (ie, does this reference HCoE)?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  5. #50

    • Main Street Hop "89"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    20

    Wink Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Just a thought, WDW's 35TH birthday is this year!! you think I will be able to buy a 35th shirt at disneyland? NOT! WDW will have that one all to themselves!! also will people believe! that it's their 35th after the WDW 50th merchandise,advertising etc.? "Disneyland the origional 35" how confusing would that be?!? I LOVE WDW but, no fair!! I think I will wait till the 35th to visit there!
    Last edited by Naboomboo; 01-05-2006 at 02:27 PM.

  6. #51

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboomboo
    Just a thought, WDW's 35TH birthday is this year!! you think I will be able to buy a 35th shirt at disneyland? NOT! WDW will have that one all to themselves!! also will people believe! that it's their 35th after the WDW 50th merchandise,advertisong etc.? "Disneyland the origional 35" how confusing would that be?!? I LOVE WDW but, no fair!! I think I will wait till the 35th to visit there!
    WDW isn't doing anything big for it's 35th. Yes, maybe you'll see a commemorative mug here & there, but nothing as big as DL's 50th. There are three major reasons (at least in my view) that is keeping a big WDW35 celebration...
    1) HCoE doesn't end until the very end of 2006 (it ends after WDW's 35th birthday)
    2) Epcot's 25th is only a year after (better to prepare for that)
    3) 35 is not a milestone birthday.

    -Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  7. #52

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Okay, then answer me this one question....where on the shirt does it say that WDW is 50?

    On a similar note, can anyone who is able to see this shirt in person tell me what it says on the inside tag (ie, does this reference HCoE)?
    You're right - it doesnt say "Walt Disney World is 50 Years Old" but it CLEARLY and UNDOUBTEDLY instills the message that Walt Disney World is celebrating 50 years.

    Its funny that you COMPLETELY ignored my post which had a point that even you couldn't shoot down with one of your many Disney PR quotes. Look at the Disneyland Resort's 50th Anniversary logo. It says NOWHERE on there "50th Anniversary" or "Disneyland's 50th" it simply has a big blue "50" which the castle behind it.

    Am I wrong to think this logo means that it's Disneyland's 50th? According to your skewed logic, that logo doesnt even come close to saying it's Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

    Your logic is a joke.

    And I don't know what the whole question about the shirt's tag is about... People aren't going to go up to a shirt and read the tag.. Theyre going to read and see whats on the shirt. The tag means nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    WDW isn't doing anything big for it's 35th. Yes, maybe you'll see a commemorative mug here & there, but nothing as big as DL's 50th. There are three major reasons (at least in my view) that is keeping a big WDW35 celebration...
    1) HCoE doesn't end until the very end of 2006 (it ends after WDW's 35th birthday)
    2) Epcot's 25th is only a year after (better to prepare for that)
    3) 35 is not a milestone birthday.

    -Michael
    35 is not a milestone birthday?

    According to the very nice website 50 Years of Souvenirs - Disneyland's 35th was a big year. The Pardy Gras Parade debuted, there was the Dream Machine which spat out lottery-style tickets to guests hoping for one of the big instant-win prizes, AND there was a big Disneyland 35th Anniversary TV special:

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland: 50 Years of Souvenirs
    Disneyland's 35th Anniversary and the Dream Machine

    For the 35th Anniversary, Disneyland created a "Dream Machine" which gave away lottery-type tickets (complete set shown at bottom of page). Possible prizes were popcorn, ice cream and drinks. But sometimes winners didn't collect their prize since the tickets were passionately collected and traded in an attempt to get a complete set of 24. Major prizes included cars, U.S. Savings bonds and airlines tickets.

    The parade of 1990 was called "Party Gras Parade." Its music was Latin and it had a Mardi Gras theme. It also had 45-foot floating balloons of popular Disney characters.

    To launch the celebration Disney produced a television special called: The Wonderful World of Disney - Disneyland's 35th Anniversary Celebration, which aired on February 4. It featured clips from Disneyland 's opening day in 1955 with Walt Disney, Art Linkletter, Bob Cummings, and Ronald Reagan.

    Below is a partial list of guest stars:

    Tony Danza (host), Frank Oz (as voice of Miss Piggy), Dave Goelz (as Gonzo), Will Smith, Anthony Daniels (as C3PO), Woody Harrelson, Kelsey Grammer (as Dr. Frasier Crane), and Michael Eisner.
    The only reason WDW isn't throwing a party is because they're still gettin' drunk off of Disneyland's big birthday.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 01-05-2006 at 04:22 PM.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  8. #53

    • Main Street Hop "89"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    20

    Red Face Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    WDW isn't doing anything big for it's 35th. Yes, maybe you'll see a commemorative mug here & there, but nothing as big as DL's 50th. There are three major reasons (at least in my view) that is keeping a big WDW35 celebration...
    1) HCoE doesn't end until the very end of 2006 (it ends after WDW's 35th birthday)
    2) Epcot's 25th is only a year after (better to prepare for that)
    3) 35 is not a milestone birthday.

    -Michael
    What A let down!! Oh well I will not wait then that's for sure!! I need to figure out how I'm getting there soon! I wanted to spend my 35th there. but all my pals say wait until WDW is 35! (for what!!) thanks for the info! Also I don't get it 35 is a bigger milestone than the 50th for DLR? and not WDW another let down! (granted I love DL & WDW) but if I had to choose one over the other it would be WDW!! (maybe because I visit DL way to often!)

  9. #54

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    You're right - it doesnt say "Walt Disney World is 50 Years Old" but it CLEARLY and UNDOUBTEDLY instills the message that Walt Disney World is celebrating 50 years.

    Its funny that you COMPLETELY ignored my post which had a point that even you couldn't shoot down with one of your many Disney PR quotes. Look at the Disneyland Resort's 50th Anniversary logo. It says NOWHERE on there "50th Anniversary" or "Disneyland's 50th" it simply has a big blue "50" which the castle behind it.

    Am I wrong to think this logo means that it's Disneyland's 50th? According to your skewed logic, that logo doesnt even come close to saying it's Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

    Your logic is a joke.

    And I don't know what the whole question about the shirt's tag is about... People aren't going to go up to a shirt and read the tag.. Theyre going to read and see whats on the shirt. The tag means nothing.




    35 is not a milestone birthday?

    According to the very nice website 50 Years of Souvenirs - Disneyland's 35th was a big year. The Pardy Gras Parade debuted, there was the Dream Machine which spat out lottery-style tickets to guests hoping for one of the big instant-win prizes, AND there was a big Disneyland 35th Anniversary TV special:



    The only reason WDW isn't throwing a party is because they're still gettin' drunk off of Disneyland's big birthday.
    At least one person has some sense here. Btw Askmike, what is your motive for defending this marketing scam? What are you Eisner or something?

  10. #55

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Hmm.. the shirt says 50. Not 50 Years. Just 50. With a lot of characters on it. Maybe they're insisting they have 50 different costumed characters at WDW. I also think everyone is reading into this too much. It's a shirt. WDW's 50th campaign failed. Disneyland won. It's the SAME COMPANY. Sure it could be misleading, but meh. People are still going to be in DIsney World having fun, instead of standing there saying "CRAP! I was supposed to be in DisneyLAND!"

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  11. #56

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    You're right - it doesnt say "Walt Disney World is 50 Years Old" but it CLEARLY and UNDOUBTEDLY instills the message that Walt Disney World is celebrating 50 years.
    50 references HCoE. It doesn't matter what people think, the fact is that it is referencing 50 years of Disney theme parks. Any other implying is the fault of the guest. Either way though, the average guest won't give a rat's ***. When their vacation is over, they'll remember WDW & if they try hard enough, they'll remember something with a 50. That's it.

    Its funny that you COMPLETELY ignored my post which had a point that even you couldn't shoot down with one of your many Disney PR quotes. Look at the Disneyland Resort's 50th Anniversary logo. It says NOWHERE on there "50th Anniversary" or "Disneyland's 50th" it simply has a big blue "50" which the castle behind it.

    Am I wrong to think this logo means that it's Disneyland's 50th? According to your skewed logic, that logo doesnt even come close to saying it's Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

    Your logic is a joke.
    I would buy that argument if it weren't for one little thing. Let's look at that picture....

    Now what does it say under the Castle? "Happiest Homecoming on Earth." That celebration (which is exclusively at DLR) is the celebration of Disneyland's 50th "Anniversary." So that logo is specifically mentioning DL's birthday. WDW on the other hand (which only takes part in HCoE, not HHoE) is celebrating 50 years of Disney theme parks.

    35 is not a milestone birthday?

    According to the very nice website 50 Years of Souvenirs - Disneyland's 35th was a big year. The Pardy Gras Parade debuted, there was the Dream Machine which spat out lottery-style tickets to guests hoping for one of the big instant-win prizes, AND there was a big Disneyland 35th Anniversary TV special:
    You know what? I can personally guarantee that if WDW did have a big 35th anniversary, DLers would get upset over it overshadowing the end of H(H/C)oE. Either way though, just because DL had a big celebration, doesn't make it a milestone. Milestones are 1, (sometimes 5 & 10), 25, 50, 75 & 100.

    The only reason WDW isn't throwing a party is because they're still gettin' drunk off of Disneyland's big birthday.
    It's begining would have been clipped by HCoE & it's end by Epcot's 25th. Do you think Disney is going to have a 9 month celebration?

    Also I don't get it 35 is a bigger milestone than the 50th for DLR?
    It would have been a clipped celebration (as I said in the above quote). And a 25th anniversary is much grander than a 35th.

    Disneyland won.
    The attendance figures beg to differ.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  12. #57

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Hmm.. the shirt says 50. Not 50 Years. Just 50. With a lot of characters on it. Maybe they're insisting they have 50 different costumed characters at WDW. I also think everyone is reading into this too much. It's a shirt. WDW's 50th campaign failed. Disneyland won. It's the SAME COMPANY. Sure it could be misleading, but meh. People are still going to be in DIsney World having fun, instead of standing there saying "CRAP! I was supposed to be in DisneyLAND!"
    If the shirt had all the Castles on it or DL's I would agree but it ONLY has WDW's castle on it implying it is Magic Kingdoms 50th. And I would also have to disagree with Disneyland winning this year. It may of won the increase in people but it didn't win the numbers battle which it should of taken both. DL should of had more attendance and DL should of had the biggest increase. MK still got 2 million more people in then DL did due to this lie. If they would of marketed everything to DL, it would of been reversed.

  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    50 references HCoE. It doesn't matter what people think, the fact is that it is referencing 50 years of Disney theme parks. Any other implying is the fault of the guest. Either way though, the average guest won't give a rat's ***. When their vacation is over, they'll remember WDW & if they try hard enough, they'll remember something with a 50. That's it.

    I would buy that argument if it weren't for one little thing. Let's look at that picture....

    Now what does it say under the Castle? "Happiest Homecoming on Earth." That celebration (which is exclusively at DLR) is the celebration of Disneyland's 50th "Anniversary." So that logo is specifically mentioning DL's birthday. WDW on the other hand (which only takes part in HCoE, not HHoE) is celebrating 50 years of Disney theme parks.
    Where does it say Theme Parks on the shirt Askmike? All it has is MK's castle and 50 in big numbers, not to mention it has a giant WALT DISNEY WORLD signature on it. Where in the hell does it have all the castles or even a reference of theme parks? This marketing isnt only depriving DL it is depriving all the other theme parks. I have yet to see a shirt even close to that here in DL with DL's castle in the background so what is up with that? It may be a little equal if they actually had that shirt in each park with their own castle but I haven't seen a sleeping beauty castle version. Knowing the way you are thinking you would make a fuss about it being the opposite way around if it had Disneyland's sig there instead.

    Disneyland has every right to use that logo up above because it is DISNEYLAND's birthday, not MK's. You are saying just because MK doesn't have a logo like that makes it unfair even though WDW has no right to use any birthday logos in the first place? Even that logo up above is a watered down version which is suppost to say Disneyland's 50th anniversary instead of this happiest homecoming crap. It is all made to confuse people who are not familiar with Disney facts and that is what I am pissed off about and you support it.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-05-2006 at 05:07 PM.

  14. #59

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    50 references HCoE. It doesn't matter what people think, the fact is that it is referencing 50 years of Disney theme parks. Any other implying is the fault of the guest. Either way though, the average guest won't give a rat's ***. When their vacation is over, they'll remember WDW & if they try hard enough, they'll remember something with a 50. That's it.

    I would buy that argument if it weren't for one little thing. Let's look at that picture....

    Now what does it say under the Castle? "Happiest Homecoming on Earth." That celebration (which is exclusively at DLR) is the celebration of Disneyland's 50th "Anniversary." So that logo is specifically mentioning DL's birthday. WDW on the other hand (which only takes part in HCoE, not HHoE) is celebrating 50 years of Disney theme parks.
    The fact of the matter is, Mike, that the average person that is being marketed during the 50th doesnt know the subtle difference between the "Happiest HOMECOMING" and "Happiest CELEBRATION" taglines. They're extremely similar and people probably don't notice a difference between them like you or I do. With that said, the logo still doesnt clearly mention Disneyland's birthday. If I wasn't a Disney fan, if I didn't post on these boards, I wouldn't understand the difference between the celebrations. Disney has blurred the lines separating everything so much during this thing, from press releases to commercials.

    You say that the 50 on the shirt refereces the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" - well, where on the shirt does it say "The Happiest Celebration on Earth" ? No where. That is the reason this discussion is here - because Disney is being so completely vague in it all and they have blurred the lines so bad that not even their merchandise can clearly distinguish who's birthday it is.

    Nowhere on that t-shirt does it say "Happiest Homecoming On Earth" or "Celebrating 50 Years of Disney Theme Parks" - NO WHERE. If it did, I would seriously care less about the whole thing. But since it doesnt, and since it has Cinderella Castle and a big golden 50 and the "Walt Disney World" logo on it - it's clearly clearly clearly a misrepresentation of the celebration and clearly conveys a message that it's WDW's 50th birthday - whether they meant it to reference the Happiest Celebration or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AskMike1
    You know what? I can personally guarantee that if WDW did have a big 35th anniversary, DLers would get upset over it overshadowing the end of H(H/C)oE. Either way though, just because DL had a big celebration, doesn't make it a milestone. Milestones are 1, (sometimes 5 & 10), 25, 50, 75 & 100.
    You can't personally guarantee anything. Get off your pedestal. Disneylanders would not gripe over WDW's 35th overshadowing DL's 50th. In fact, I'd assume that most, if not all of us, would be happy that WDW got its own celebration and left ours alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by AskMike1
    It's begining would have been clipped by HCoE & it's end by Epcot's 25th. Do you think Disney is going to have a 9 month celebration?
    Well, 9 months isn't bad. Birthdays shouldnt last 18 months like Disneylands is lasting anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by AskMike1
    The attendance figures beg to differ.
    The only beg to differ because Disneyland can't contain as many people as WDW. If DLR had as much capacity as WDW I would bet Disneyland would be owning WDW so hard right now it wouldnt even be funny.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  15. #60

    • Main Street Hop "89"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    20

    Talking Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    50 references HCoE. It doesn't matter what people think, the fact is that it is referencing 50 years of Disney theme parks. Any other implying is the fault of the guest. Either way though, the average guest won't give a rat's ***. When their vacation is over, they'll remember WDW & if they try hard enough, they'll remember something with a 50. That's it.

    I would buy that argument if it weren't for one little thing. Let's look at that picture....

    Now what does it say under the Castle? "Happiest Homecoming on Earth." That celebration (which is exclusively at DLR) is the celebration of Disneyland's 50th "Anniversary." So that logo is specifically mentioning DL's birthday. WDW on the other hand (which only takes part in HCoE, not HHoE) is celebrating 50 years of Disney theme parks.

    You know what? I can personally guarantee that if WDW did have a big 35th anniversary, DLers would get upset over it overshadowing the end of H(H/C)oE. Either way though, just because DL had a big celebration, doesn't make it a milestone. Milestones are 1, (sometimes 5 & 10), 25, 50, 75 & 100.

    It's begining would have been clipped by HCoE & it's end by Epcot's 25th. Do you think Disney is going to have a 9 month celebration?

    It would have been a clipped celebration (as I said in the above quote). And a 25th anniversary is much grander than a 35th.


    The attendance figures beg to differ.
    so true! I guess either way someones bound to get bent!(I Would either way probably!) lol! if they just added the word years or anniversary to the DL one?!? the logo is like it's ebonics or something? disneelan 50 peece out!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is WDW finished leeching off of DL's 50th?
    By Aladdin in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
  2. TDL salutes DL's 50th.
    By TDLFAN in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
  3. 5/2 - LA Times Piece On DL's 50th
    By desertdweller in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 06:14 AM
  4. 100% PROOF that WDW is stealing the 50th
    By OTownGuy in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 11:10 AM
  5. DL's 1st 50th Event is WHERE?
    By Aladdin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 03:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •