Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Banned User

Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

A few notes...

First off - when I saw the shirt, I immediately thought "Oo, a shirt to say "I celebrated Disneyland's 50th at WDW!"

Not everyone can goto Disneyland. I celebrated the 50th of Disneyland and the idea of a theme park by going to WDW. I'm not the only one and i'm not dumb enough to think the shirt is saying "50 years of WDW."

I know not everyone is bright, and certainly not all Disney tourists, but i do find it insulting to say people would be so easily confused and misled. I figure if anything they'd simply not understand.. all the "100 YoM WDW" stuff they sold didn't make anyone think Epcot was 100 years old.

About attendance and proper investment...

DL reached capacity with days around 68,500 according to Al. Over at WDW's largest capacity park, Epcot, on NYE the last known "official" number placed it in excess of 90,000 at 8pm with an anticipated breach of 100,000.

WDW has expandable capacity - the likes of which Disneyland will never see. Even if this was some marketing person' askew way to bring people to WDW, they could atleast get into WDW whereas DL was running full and most folks don't want to goto DCA yet.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    That my friend is exactly what it is but no one who loves WDW would admit to it.
    Maybe someone will... "You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." Fess up WDW fans! Make our dreams come true.

• Banned User

I always wonder.. politics of prior management aside (and not TDLFan - we know why you hate it) why do DLR folks hate WDW?

• Banned User

I think I know the answer to that question as well but will let them lucky lucky very lucky DLR fans to answer...

(Thanks Franz Ferdinand for that one )

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Larxene1959
    dude, we should all just simmer down, after all, it's just a tee shirt, I could understand if they made a documentary saying it was WDW's 50.. but come on...

We can show our dislike by simply not buying it ^_^
    It's not just that .. It's the whole WDW 50th campaign .. as that is what it seems to appear. Seen the tv commercials, dude?

So totally inept and illogical ......... How can the decision makers in marketing be that stupid?!

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    I always wonder.. politics of prior management aside (and not TDLFan - we know why you hate it) why do DLR folks hate WDW?
    I have always wondered this too. I am a DLR fan and that is where I always go. I have only been to WDW once and loved it. Both resorts are great IMO and I have always wondered why so many people always seem to love only one or the other.

Has anyone stopped to notice that this is the only place people are complaining about the 50th marketing campaign?

That the general public (whom the advertising is meant for) has reacted positively to the marketing (as seen through the increased attendance at both DL and WDW)? The brand awareness marketing is not meant for the Disney experts (generally those who read MiceAge and visit a Disney theme park often). The marketing is for someone who is not as familiar with Disney and looking to convince them to go. It doesn't really matter if they go to DL or WDW -- it all helps the bottom line of TWDC.

Sorry for those of you who think that this approach to marketing (a global marketing campaign that includes both DL and WDW) will end in September when Disney switches from the 50th to a new campaign to get attendance even higher in 2007. It is here to stay as marketing beefs up its "global team".

WDW marketing is not the bad guy here. If you want to blame someone for putting Walt Disney in a Walt Disney World commercial, look to corporate. That's where the big decisions are made for all parks and resorts.

• Animatronic

It's not about the physical place, or even the name, it's about the dream, and the dream is 50 years old.

I'm not sure I believe that, but we all know that DLR needs capacity, and WDW needs marketing. It's hard to say they are spending their money unwisely.

• Long Distance Imagineer

Interesting part, I was visiting my parents and on the tv came the commercial I mentioned earlier.

My mom was surprised that WDW was 50 years old. I had to tell her it was Disneyland's 50th not WDW. She was also surprised, in all fairness, that Sleeping Beauty's Castle looked so different, until I told her it wasn't, that's Cinderella's Castle at WDW. LOL.

I've also enjoyed the past trips to WDW, although I will say it's been about 10 years since I've been there. Too expensive. I was there in 1996 and spent roughly $2,000.00 on the trip, with airfare, staying at the Beach Club Resort and getting in a massage and a couple of classes at the Disney Institute. It was a great time, but for that amount of money? No thanks. With inflation, I have no idea what the price would be in todays dollars.

Angry Re: More proof WDW is jealous of DL's 50th

I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE MAD ABOUT A STUPID COMMERCIAL MISSLEADING THE PUBLIC THAT DISNEY"WORLD" IS 50 YEARS OLD, WHEN ITS NOT.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE "ORIGINAL" DISNEYLAND!!!!
    THERE IS NO PLACE BETTER! OR CAN EVEN MATCH OR REPLACE IT.
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

• Needs the smell of summer

The Shirt is misleading, and so is the commercial. That is the truth. I don't hate WDW, but it is not as good as DL. Disneyland - one park - is better than Epcot and MK combined, and like somebody else said, MGM - just as bad as DCA. AK, not so great either, and just ask the folfs at DCA, one ride is not going to fix the park.

But what does anger me is the specials on TV. They build up WDW and talk about its creation at the expence of Disneyland - as if Disneyland was subpar and not cutting it. I can't understand why the Disney Company let's that trash on the air.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus
    one ride is not going to fix the park.
    Tell that to D-MGM and the first ToT

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678