Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

What rides do you think will be gone by Disneyland's 75th B-day?

Which do you think will be gone?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Re: What rides do you think will be gone by Disneyland's 75th B-day?

Autopia, Innoventions, Submarines, Captain EO, Winnie the Pooh.

• I'm a Lutheran

The only ones I honestly see sticking around forever are HM, POTC, Matterhorn, Small World, the other mountains, Jungle Cruise, and the ROA. Everything else I could either see changing, being changed, replaced, or just gone. Sad day.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Astro Blasters, Pooh, Nemo, Autopia, Magic Eye Theatre, Whatever those rocket things that block the entrance to tomorrowland are called, and maybe a ride or two that hasnt been built yet.

Now this is an interesting thread! I wonder if we can check our guesses 18 years from now! I'm including attractions and not just rides. My guesses are:

Innoventions
    Astro Orbiter
    Autopia re-done
    Pixie Hollow
    Fantasyland Theater
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    Gadget's Go Coaster (re-themed?)
    Big Thunder Ranch

Golden Zephyr
    Monsters Inc

Most likely? Including major changes:

Innoventions
    Autopia
    Subs
    Captain EO
    Pirate overlay on Tom Sawyer's Island
    Extensive, extremely major refurb on Indy
    Big Thunder Ranch/theater area
    Changes to Star Tours (more destinations)
    Upgrades to Buzz
    Major enhancements on Haunted Mansion to reflect WDW's (interactive Hitchhiking Ghosts and all)
    Longshot, I know but 18 years is a long time so, Haunted Mansion Holiday
    Enhancements to Jungle Cruise
    New exhibit prior to Mr. Lincoln
    Upgrades to Ghost Galaxy, or just Ghost Galaxy gone altogether
    One Fantasyland dark ride, not sure which but I could see this occurring... obviously not Peter Pan
    Fantasyland theater... which doesn't match up with what's going on now but again let me reiterate, 18 years is a very long time and I could see this being bulldozed by then.
    Not Winnie the Pooh, which has limited space and yeah I just don't see them touching it
    Upgrades to the Monorail (duh)

My last guess, and this will seem out of left field and you may balk but: (brace yourself) Toontown. Yup. The entire land. This sounds crazy and I'll admit it's a pretty far reach, but if MK's Fantasyland expansion is truly successful they may just raze this (although far into the future) and build more FL out there. The land is a tad outdated and underused, and Mickey and Minnie's house can obviously be done without as MK is a huge example. Not to say I'm saying this because I don't like the land, which is not true. I'm just saying that if it came to it sometime in the next eighteen years, I couldn't be able to argue with the reasoning.

As for DCA... hmm:
    A Bug's Land (all of it)
    Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
    Everything in the backside of Hollywood Land, including Muppets, Stage 17, Monsters Inc and Hollywood and Dine
    Obviously that park where the Maliboomer used to be
    Goofy's Sky School, along with Corn Dog Castle and Seaside Souvenirs
    Controversial, but Paradise Garden Grill/Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta as well
    A portion of Pacific Wharf maybe? Depends on CL expansion
    Soarin over California, with a significant replacement. I'd be SHOCKED if it still existed in its current incarnation in 2030.
    Upgrades on the following: TOT, Grizzly, Screamin, WOC (duh), maybe RSR?
    Animation exhibits almost all entirely switched out
    Aladdin
    Luigi's will get another ride pen

And that's all I can think of.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I would say toontown, maybe Mr. Toad, maybe Pinocchio, Astro ORbiter, EO, Innoventions, Subs, Autopia, Tarzan's Treehouse, Pooh, Canoes, THunder Ranch, and Starcade.

---------- Post added 07-17-2012 at 06:14 AM ----------

Eighteen years ago until now, we've got rid of skyway, peoplemover, rocket jets, circlevision, submarine voyage, swiss family treehouse, EO, og Autopia, og star tours, rocket rods, country bears, jolly trolly, HISTA, electrical parade.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 07-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Innoventions, ToonTown, Pooh, Mr. Lincoln, Pirate Lair.

And the Keel Boats will have made a glorious come-back!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

I honestly wish they would find a way to just revitalize ToonTown - more rides (not just for the little ones) and bring back the Jolly Trolley - it's such a bright and inviting and well themed land, but there's just not enough going on back there to draw people all the way to the back of the park. Kind of like Critter Country, but they have Splash to compensate. Roger Rabbit is good, but it's not like Splash - I think of it as more of a D-ticket than and E-ticket, FP notwithstanding. They have so many characters to draw from - how about a great Mickey ride? A dark ride focusing on the original characters? I would love that if it were well done and it would breathe new life into the area. I think at this point it's fun to walk through, ride Roger Rabbit, and head out. It needs more.

That said, I could see Innoventions, Autopia, Astroblasters, Captain EO. I could potentially see some kind of redesign of the Tarzan's Treehouse, but it would be a huge loss if Adventureland had no treehouse whatsoever, and I think it would take another successful "treehouse" themed movie to get a redesign there, so the chances are more slim. Even if the popularity of the Disney Tarzan movie has/does fade, the story is well known outside of Disneyana so that theme on the treehouse could well last a long time. But I couldn't imagine Adventureland without some sort of treehouse attraction.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Dave

Blog Entries

Good question. Most of the rides at Disneylan of shown staying power. I have a feeling Inovations is on the endangered list. I have a feeling Captain EO will also be gone
    Dave

Innoventions
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Orbiters
    Captain EO
    Holiday Haunted Mansion
    Fantasyland Theater
    Princess Fantasy Faire

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    Innoventions
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Orbiters
    Captain EO
    Holiday Haunted Mansion
    Fantasyland Theater
    Princess Fantasy Faire
    HMH is still going strong and unless something happening I see it making it to at least 25 years

as for the PFF....no way it will be there they are making a subland for it...why would it be gone by then?

Winnie The Pooh
    Astro Orbitor
    Captain EO
    Subs
    TSI/Pirates Lair will be rethemed
    Buzz
    Star Tours will be updated again
    Storybookland Canal Boatss
    Casey Jr Circus Train
    POTC will have more changes done to it
    Haunted Mansion too
    Toontown will be changed as well
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Given the question of what 'rides' will be 'gone', I'm going to avoid what 'attractions' will be 'refurbished'.

I think it will be less than some people think, but perhaps more than others think. Tomorrowland is obviously the biggest candidate for change, as indicated by DL-Craze's awesome list. Even without recent announcements, I would have said Autopia and Submarines were a gimme, along with Astro Orbiter. Star Tours and Buzz would have to be considered possible culls within that time as well, although I wouldn't write either off - I think a lot of people are very quick to write Buzz off but it can handle numbers quickly and can be quite addictive for some.

I wouldn't be surprised to see two or three fantasyland rides move on, out of Casey Jr, Storybook Land, and perhaps Snow White & Pinocchio. I guess I have to concede Mr Toad has a chance of going, but its so unique and such a classic I hope it doesn't. Roger Rabbit is a possibility out of Toontown.

Adventureland, NOS, Frontierland and Critter Country I expect to see all current rides remain open.

In California Adventure - 18 years seems shorter, given the massive revamp it has just had. I don't tihnk there are any gimmes here. However, I would say that there are even more rides here whose life spans depend less on their own viability and more on Disney's ability to come up with something they like better. These include the kiddie rides at A Bugs Land (won't go unless they come up with a better idea to attract the very small ones), Monsters Inc, Luigi's Tires and many of the pier rides (King Triton's Carousel, Jellyfish, Zephyr, Swings, Wheel, Sky school).

The reality is that I can't see them quickly culling anything in DCA which can take people out of the crowd and into queues and which take up minimal space, because its hard for them to imagineer something as or more effective in the same small area footprints. Plus I expect that in DCA the first priority will continue to be to expand capacity, rather than replace rides. If it wasn't for this, the pier is the obvious first strike.

I do think some rides in DCA will be gone, its just hard to know which, it really depends what they come up to build and where in the park it fits well.

EDIT: For someone who focussed on the question, I sure missed the fact that DCA was really out of scope.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Winnie the Pooh *crosses fingers*
    Innoventions
    Subs
    Storybook Land
    Astro Orbitor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast