Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: 2006: What to Expect

2007: WHAT'S TO EXPECT

Hey does anybody know what else besides the Submarine Voyage is going on in 2007?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    I don't dislike the idea of a California themed attraction front and center, but it should be a better attraction, ideally something more like EPCOT's American Journeys.

Lore if the company you own wants to pay the millions to build the Audio Animatronics and sponsor the attraction, I'm quite sure they'd be willing to build it. However unless you can line up a sponsor, these type of AA attractions just don't get green lit at Disney anymore.

Too expensive... They want thrill rides for the whole family (ie new Space Mtn., Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror clones in CA, France and Tokyo...)

• Animatronic

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Lore if the company you own wants to pay the millions to build the Audio Animatronics and sponsor the attraction, I'm quite sure they'd be willing to build it. However unless you can line up a sponsor, these type of AA attractions just don't get green lit at Disney anymore.

Too expensive... They want thrill rides for the whole family (ie new Space Mtn., Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror clones in CA, France and Tokyo...)
    A park needs more than just x-treme thrill rides (I can't believe I'm saying that), and anything worth doing is worth doing well. Animatronics should not be expensive today and should not require expensive maintence as they are not new technology and all the components are now extremely cheap.

Now as for thrills, well, the entire theater could shake and crumble during the San Fransisco earthquake. It shouldn't be hard to make it exciting if proper amounts of imagination and money are thrown at it. I'm just tired of the cheap out. If Golden Dreams and Season of the Vine are attractions as currently implemented, then my HDTV tuned to PBS is an attraction.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: 2006: What to Expect

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Animatronics should not be expensive today and should not require expensive maintence as they are not new technology and all the components are now extremely cheap.
    Sorry but apparently that's just not true. That's why Superstar limo animatronics got new monster overlays, cause it's expensive to build robots to work 14 hours a day 365 days a year. They didn't build the Great Movie Ride at DCA because of all the audio animatronics. They built the original DL Splash Mountain out of the old characters from America Sings, to repurpose them.

Why are we still so fascinated with seeing them anyways? I admit to being an American Adventure and Hall of Presidents man myself.

• ...TWO BITS!

Is Monsters, Inc.: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue part of what to expect in 2006? Even though it's open, it's supposed to be offically open the end of the month.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I think Golden Dreams is going to get much better numbers if it's relocated to the Plaza. Where it is now, I think needs to become a San Francisco Earthquake ride

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

2007: WHAT'S TO EXPECT

Hey does anybody know what else besides the Submarine Voyage is going on in 2007?
    Mr. Lincoln "supposedly" returns January 1st, 2007

The new bubbled style monorails.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'm not sure how Mickey's PhilharMAGIC fits into DCA at all. I mean, Monsters and Incredibles is a hell of a squeeze, but let's not be unreasonable.

Maybe, just maybe, with the loss of Goofy's Bounce House, something else will get scrapped (Donald's Boat, anybody?) I mean, they already got rid of Goofie, and Donald's Boat in its current state is a joke, so why not rip THAT out and then maybe they would have enough room to build MP.

• Circle of Ancients

If Philharmagic is going to go into DCA then I would guess it would go in the Millionairre building.

• Senior Minion

Haunted Mansion -when it goes down for taking down HMH, will have the Bride with the candle moving from window to window, return.(This can be seen from the outside) They are going to try to fit in a few more missing elements if possible also.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I really honestly don't understand now the relivance of Rock It Mountain with the current 2 hour wait for the original even now untill the evening...

I think you are going to see a movement by TDA to hold off on this element... I wouldn't be surprised to see this implemented in 2007... what they need to concentrate on is creating more attractions with crowd eating lines bringing up capacity...
    I highly doubt that will happen. Disney wants something to market for the second summer of the 50th. The last thing they want is to see the attendance numbers drop - and all they've got going for them is the Pirates update and RockIt Mountain.

The Pirates changes will be harder to market - and will probably only be tacked on to television spots for the film and newspaper movie ads mentioning the new pirates at Disneyland.

RockIt can be marketed just as easily and even more strongly than the "It's Back!" campaign of Space this past summer. They'll probably market it as an all new ride - an all new experience.

So in short, I wouldnt count out Rock It Mountain just yet- It's really the only solid trick TDA has up there sleeve right now - and they want those crowds in the park - so I'm sure theyre going to put all their cards out on the table, including the Rock It Mountain card

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Rockit mountain will definitely aggrevate the wait times there as most people will want to ride both versions.Wonder how the fastpass will work out.

• e komo mai

I think putting Mickey's Philarmagic in Toon Town is a good idea. It would get people to go to Toon Town more often. It's appropriate theme-wise.

I'd also love to see the DL's Doom Buggy loading area themed more like the one at Disneyland Paris. Now it's just a black void.

• Senior Minion

For that matter, when in 2007 does it launch? I wonder if it's something they'll try to push up into late 2006 so that they can soft open it to bring in more crowds near the end of the "official 50th".

Of course, there's nothing officially announced for anything after that, is there? Nor any real word on what they plan to do with the old theater for Golden Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    For that matter, when in 2007 does it launch? I wonder if it's something they'll try to push up into late 2006 so that they can soft open it to bring in more crowds near the end of the "official 50th".

Of course, there's nothing officially announced for anything after that, is there? Nor any real word on what they plan to do with the old theater for Golden Dreams.
    At the moment, it's slated for Spring 2007- but being that far in the future, dates usually aren't very accurate. Space Moutain re-opened 4 months early, Test Track opened over a year late...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast