Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

2006: What to Expect

Disneyland Park:

January: Work goes on for a new playground located adjacent to Goofy's Bounce House.

March: Pirates of the Caribbean will go down for it's renovation.

Well, the main month focused on in 2006 is June.
    Rockit Mountain debuts at Grad Nite and will most likely be an experience for the regular Disneyland schedule.
    Pirates of the Caribbean comes out of rehad with it's newly renovated movie theme.
    Snow White: An Enchanted Musical returns from hiatus and will be shown throughout the summer.

September: The Monorail will go down for a lengthy rehab and will come back in May of '07.

November: The 50th Decorations will go down and the christmas decorations will go up.
    If what CM's tell us is true, then the 50 years exhibit will close and we will get Lincoln back in early '07.

Disney's California Adventure:

The Sunshine Plaza will have a big makeover with the addition of Golden Dreams being relocated to where the Sun Peal is.

June: Tower of Terror recieves more drop sequence
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 01-03-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: 2006: What to Expect

A lot is going to happen this year and I can't wait. The two things I am looking forward to are the makeover to Sunshine Plaza and the debut of Rockit Mountain.

• Banned User

Someone forgot to mention the new drop sequence for tot.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by inav
    Someone forgot to mention the new drop sequence for tot.
    Yeah, but is it confirmed for 2006?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    A lot is going to happen this year and I can't wait. The two things I am looking forward to are the makeover to Sunshine Plaza and the debut of Rockit Mountain.
    from what I've heard they'll be starting on the entryway soon and have it done by summer and then they'll start on the plaza itself once the summer season is over so it's more of two phrases

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    from what I've heard they'll be starting on the entryway soon and have it done by summer and then they'll start on the plaza itself once the summer season is over so it's more of two phrases

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Yeah, but is it confirmed for 2006?
    None of this except Rock It Mountain has been officially confirmed by Disney to the public - so I guess Tower of Terror isn't confirmed. But all reports - including Al - point to Summer 2006 as it will be the only thing DCA gets for the second summer of the 50th Anniversary.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

2006 will be an even better year than 2005 it seems. I can't wait until they start the remodeling project in DCA and it will be nice to have a reason to ride Pirates again as well as Space Mountain with the makeovers. ToT will also be nice to have as well. Although not confirmed and saddening, Screamin' will go down for several months starting in September until the beginning of December that last I heard. But, it will most likely get a good, thorough refurb it desperately needs. I have a feeling that Snow White will not come back though.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i don't know why or if they'll bother relocating golden dreams. it's not even rehab worthy IMHO. something new & different would be more worth the money.
    <o>

• I <3 Thumper!

How exciting! Thanks for this post, it is great

•   
    • Minion

I really honestly don't understand now the relivance of Rock It Mountain with the current 2 hour wait for the original even now untill the evening...

I think you are going to see a movement by TDA to hold off on this element... I wouldn't be surprised to see this implemented in 2007... what they need to concentrate on is creating more attractions with crowd eating lines bringing up capacity...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Peoplemover, extremely high capacity, with short lines and a great time killer if you have a fastpass your waiting to use

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i don't know why or if they'll bother relocating golden dreams. it's not even rehab worthy IMHO. something new & different would be more worth the money.
    I agree all the way. Why spend the money to move the thing, when you can get rid of it and create something new that would bring in more guest. The point is Golden Dreams does not draw in hardly anyone to DCA, and putting it in the front will not make people want to go to DCA anymore then having it in the back.
    Jeff Wayne

• Animatronic

After I realized Golden Dreams wasn't the name of the bathrooms, I found the show and watched it. While it's better than "Season of the Vine", it's a fairly weak attraction. I've seen better shows on California on PBS and the non-film elements of this show don't add much. I don't dislike the idea of a California themed attraction front and center, but it should be a better attraction, ideally something more like EPCOT's American Journeys.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They probably paid Whoopi Goldberg a lot of money and promised to run the movie for 10 or 15 years in her contract... or they don't want to waste the only edutainment developed for the park (besides the tortillas, bread and winemaking movie). So they probably want to repurpose the Golden Dreams theater (it's got a lot of seats, its nicely air conditioned, it has a good size queue and an empty retail / food location next door, etc.

They could put Mickey's PhilHarmonic in the current Golden Dreams theater and it would be a perfect match for the size theater they'd need. So it would save money to build a smaller Golden Dreams theater at the front entrance and re use the one in back for a bigger crowd-drawing film.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast