Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post



    Explian!
    Sure, Disneyland has a larger amount Annual Passholders, meaning that a larger amount of guests are visiting the parks frequently. When guests frequently visit the parks, their demand for change is much greater because the "thrill" of going wears down. At Walt Disney World, they have a greater amount of guests who come from different parts of the country and different parts of the world. It takes much less change for these guests because they don't frequently go to the park, therefore the novelty of the attractions last longer for them than a person who goes to the parks on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

    So, the demand for change at Disneyland is much more higher than the demand for change at Walt Disney World.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  2. #32

    • All-American
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana, 1719 miles from DL
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Its amazing to me just how dificult it is for Disney to please DLR locals. Im not sure what they could do but spend $250 million dollars on ever attraction, and that still wouldnt do it.
    Pooh at WDW=very popular
    Pooh at DLR=hated

    Soarin at WDW=most popular ride in resort
    Soarin at DLE=pretty popular

    TLMAUA at DLR=mostly criticized
    TLMAUA at WDW=will be a HUGE hit

    The list could go on and on

    The truth is that you cant realy please people who oversaturate the resort with their presence and thereby get bored very easily.
    I mostly frequent WDW, but whenever I do make it out to Disneyland and ride Nemo, I always think it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

    Of course, I also I remember the pain of having our own submarine attraction closed and paved over, and being tremendously excited when I heard that there would be a submarine ride being reopened somewhere.

    You all fascinate me, haha.


  3. #33

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,156
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^no no no we wanted the Subs back not Nemo......we wanted EO back for a year or two max....Disney is just to cheap to put something new in the theater that fits a Tomorrow theme
    Cheap! That's why Disney spent a billion dollars on the resort. Got it!


  4. #34

    • 2 shots on the rocks.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ZZYZX Road
    Posts
    818

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    ^El owe el. Fixing something Disney built on the cheap.


  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    246

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Keep in mind they tore out the Country Bear Jamboree just in time for the movie to come out...

    (although I would have to think that Finding Nemo 2 would be better than the Country Bears movie)

  6. #36

    • I'm a Lutheran
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,138

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    I'm just a bit confused about what the sequel will be about...will they lose him again?

    I'm neutral on the situation with the subs. I rode the original Submarine Voyage and only remember going inside the sub and being terrified of the soundtrack. I remember the Nemo subs much better simply because I've ridden them twice since its opening. Videos, brief childhood memories, pictures, and even audio prove to me that the original was better. Would I have liked to see an improved version of the classic with more intensity and better effects? Of course. Heck, I'd even have liked to see the Atlantis Expedition realized.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

  7. #37

    • Dave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Monterey Bay Area
    Posts
    2,923
    Blog Entries
    1

    Smile Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Sure, Disneyland has a larger amount Annual Passholders, meaning that a larger amount of guests are visiting the parks frequently. When guests frequently visit the parks, their demand for change is much greater because the "thrill" of going wears down. At Walt Disney World, they have a greater amount of guests who come from different parts of the country and different parts of the world. It takes much less change for these guests because they don't frequently go to the park, therefore the novelty of the attractions last longer for them than a person who goes to the parks on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

    So, the demand for change at Disneyland is much more higher than the demand for change at Walt Disney World.
    Ok well put, but DLR also is becoming that way too. One of the reasons they added, well probaly only reason they added DCA was to turn Disneyland into; kind of a West Coast Version WDWR. So I think a lot of our stuff has a lot of staying power. Infact with the technology the used for Finding Nemo, with the exception of a few props they con relitivly easly change it to a far diffrent experience.

    Your response
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 07-18-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Dave

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    True. I agree.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  9. #39

    • No Disassemble!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    792

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    It seems to me that the biggest of Nemo's problems (to the company at least) is it's high cost of maintenance. If Tomorrowland is indeed in the crosshairs right now for a revitalization and/or reboot then demolishing Nemo serves two appealing purposes (makes a lot of space for new attractions and eliminates the maintenance cost).

    Nemo 2, even if successful, will not save the subs but I think it will bring some relevancy back to Turtle Talk.

  10. #40

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    ...Would I have liked to see an improved version of the classic with more intensity and better effects? Of course. Heck, I'd even have liked to see the Atlantis Expedition realized.
    This.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  11. #41

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,793
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Keep in mind they tore out the Country Bear Jamboree just in time for the movie to come out...

    (although I would have to think that Finding Nemo 2 would be better than the Country Bears movie)
    Beat me to it.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  12. #42

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,325

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Cheap! That's why Disney spent a billion dollars on the resort. Got it!
    What I think JerrodDRagon meant by cheap was not that the Company doesn't have money because we all know that's not true, but they are leaving Captain EO around when something better could replace it. Captain EO isn't great. It was alright in the 80's but let's face it - they brought it back because he died. It had decent crowds when they re-opened it but they have since tapered out and you can walk on pretty much any time of the day.

    Back to JerrodDRagon's comment of "cheap." I think he meant that there are multiple things they could do to the Magic Eye Theater (heck, tear it down for all I care) but they are leaving something mediocre at best there. In essence, taking the cheap route and leaving something sub-par instead of upgrading it in some way.

    Just my two cents.

  13. #43

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    "With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?"


    I hope not. Onto bigger and better things.

  14. #44

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Cheap! That's why Disney spent a billion dollars on the resort. Got it!
    laugh my *** off

    ---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    "With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?"


    I hope not.
    you best hope theyre safe or i'll be mad and try calming a mad woman


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  15. #45

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,608

    Re: With Finding Nemo 2 announced, Are the Subs safe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    (although I would have to think that Finding Nemo 2 would be better than the Country Bears movie)
    Didn't Country Bears set the record for most Academy Awards Ever?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage & The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure?
    By ChessurInWonderland in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
  3. How are the Subs NOT futuristic?
    By wave789 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
  4. Are the Subs having a sneak previewe today?
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 04:13 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •