Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Fantasmic! blanket placement

I think that people should have to stay with their blankets and belongings at all times (at least one person from your party) and you shouldn't be able to just leave them there. In fact, you're not allowed to do this already but people break the rules.

Last time I was there there was a blanket with a stroller in the very front row, next to me and another woman. It was ten minutes before the 9:00 showing, and the woman next to me had been camping for 4 hours and hadn't seen anyone touch the blankets. The Disneyland people got worried that it was a bomb in the stroller or something so they had everyone evacuate and so much time was wasted. When the people waltzed back to their spot, the Disneyland people talked to them and told them they aren't allowed to do that, but the people were allowed to stay.

I guess that's fine as they may not have known, but it was annoying as we were all inconvenienced by having to move all our
    stuff.

Seems like Disneyland should have someone standing by the Fantasmic! area during the day to help avoid this problem. If they see people putting down blankets and walking away, they could tell them the rule.

Or even more simple, how about a few signs along the gate of the river that have instructions like this:
    Seating area for Fantasmic!
    If you would like to reserve your party's spot early,
    Please have one member of your party present
    at all times with your belongings
    All belongings left unattended will be removed
    before showtime.
    Thank you!

• former CM

Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

Just curious, why did you start a new thread for this when there is another thread (that you started--THANK YOU, Greeneyes17!) on the same subject that you posted on just five minutes ago?
    Link: Will there ever be a better system for Fantasmic crowds?

I'll make this short. I find the whole reserving of seating hours before the show extremely annoying. I understand why people do it, but that doesn't make me like it any more. I had hope they would install a WOC like viewing system years ago but it.never happened so I assume it won't be happening.
    Until then I will continue my routine, showing up 10-15 mins before the last show time of the night and perching myself in the smoking area for a seat, a smoke, and a show.

• Vidia's Minion

Well I'm of the camp that thinks that there should be no lining up until an hour before the show. Regardless of that though I totally agree with you that if you're gonna camp out that early you should be with your stuff and not leave it unattended. Or 'reserve/save' spots for people that are off riding rides/attractions.

It's a different subject that one is supposed to be about them creating a seating area.

This is about the blankets and how we could avoid the problem of people leaving their stuff.

---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Well I'm of the camp that thinks that there should be no lining up until an hour before the show. Regardless of that though I totally agree with you that if you're gonna camp out that early you should be with your stuff and not leave it unattended. Or 'reserve/save' spots for people that are off riding rides/attractions.
    That would be fine with me too, don't get me wrong, but I just fear there would be a rush of people waiting to get in, plugging up the POTC area with throngs of people

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Welcome to our camp, Jayce!

Here are my deep thoughts from the other thread that I posted on about 15 minutes ago:

I think that there should be time & space limits for blankets. Many of them take up too much room for too long a time.

How about signs & an enforced policy that
    no blankets or towels may be laid out until one hour before show time.
    Guests may mill about till one hour before, but should be encouraged (politely at first, then with cattle prods) to stand near the rails so they allow people to pass by more easily.

And I agree that unattended blankets should not be allowed.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-18-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo correction

• -

Here's my thought on this and I've mentioned it in a couple of other threads. if people want to waste hours of their precious Disneyland time waiting for Fantasmic, that's fine. Less people in line when I want ride stuff. If they want to lay out a blanket to save room for the other party members, that is fine too. Every person who walks in the gate has an equal opportunity to do just that.

What I have a problem with is some scuzzbag that doesn't relinquish any extra unneeded space that they may be taking up when the rest of their party arrives.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• 2 shots on the rocks.

F! needs FP.

no blankets and no large space-saving objects, period

unattended blankets should be quickly gathered up and sent to the trash (not the lost & found IMO since they didn't lose it, they left it on the ground like trash)

• Hooterville, USA

Do away with the blankets, and people would have to stay there to keep their spots.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I would never get in line for a ride and then just before I got on the ride have the rest of my party push their way through the line to to spots I "saved" for them in line. I think most of us would agree that is wrong.

How is that different than 1 person throwing down a blanket and saving spots for 5 other people?

i don't think they should allow anyone to camp out for more than an hour and i agree that they maybe could have a CM letting people know that.
    If people do leave things like that then maybe they should be collected and sent to lost and found.

These camping out situations is the reason that i think that maybe they should start considering using fastpass for Fantasmic. The whole bottom tier could be considered a fastpass zone and any other section is a first come first serve area.

DOing this would leave the main walkway open until it is ready to be roped off and guests allowed to enter the bottom water level area with their fastpass

• Minion

If they used fastpass I think it would make sense to use the BTMRR fastpass machines like how Grizzly and WOC share the same area for fastpass.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I would never get in line for a ride and then just before I got on the ride have the rest of my party push their way through the line to to spots I "saved" for them in line. I think most of us would agree that is wrong.

How is that different than 1 person throwing down a blanket and saving spots for 5 other people?
    I agree. It's one thing if a group gets there and then one or two have to go off for the washroom, or grab some food to bring back, or something like that. But it doesn't seem fair that one person sits there for hours taking up enough space for 5 people while everyone else is off on rides or something.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Splash On In

The problem with FastPass would be figuring out the logistics of staging people prior to the time of loading the sections. You can't just tell people to start show up at 8p expecting them to follow that. They won't. Instead, they would start lurking about the roped off sections waiting for them to open up, thereby choking the walkways all around NOS. The only feasible place to do this would be in or around Big Thunder Ranch. Then you would have to heard the masses into the sections which would be a massive headache. You will never be able to discourage those sad, strange people who camp out four or more hours for that 9p show. They will always look for a way to ensure they are the first to settle into their spot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast