Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jorek
    It wouldn't be the least bit surprising if management/VP-type people from Disney (including Matt Ouimet) read these boards... wouldn't even be all that surprising if some of them posted anonymously...

But the idea of Matt posting on these boards as Matt is the most ridiculous thing ever. The amount of *** kissing would rise exponentially and the amount of honest constructive criticism that makes these boards enjoyable would die off just as badly. We'd be left with nothing but *** kissers and trolls in equally high abundance.
    that and the ride suggestion market would rise like crazy but yeah

• Junior Senior

Does anyone remember some private meeting a few years ago (it was something like Cast Blast or a similar employees-only affair) where they joked at the beginning that whoever had the open cell phone connection to MousePlanet had better turn it off? I think Al was still at MP back then. I thought it was pretty cool - I don't know if they read the boards, but they knew the Internet would be all over the meeting whether they liked it or not.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    I don't know if they read the boards, but they knew the Internet would be all over the meeting whether they liked it or not.
    Or vice versa hehe...

I do think that there are people at Disney who read the boards as DemonicDemona pointed out to get the general "buzz" of an idea. Do I think that cast member Matt reads the boards and is a closet poster? Serious doubts there. You think he really has the time to sift through everything?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Classic Animation

What do you want them to listen to?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, if they heard what we think they are doing right, what needs improvement, what we want more of, less of, etc.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• is usually wrong.

I would guess that the upper ups probably do not read it directly. From my own experience in the hobby industry (model trains), I typically monitor the different forums, and provide a weekly update to my boss if there is anything interesting. I doubt Matt himself is reading the sites.

Besides, wouldn't you rather he get out and walk the parks? Better feedback.

James

P.S. Hello everyone, this was my first post!
    This space intentionally left blank.

• What have I done?

WOW are we being heard? Hmmm well I hope so! I wanna know what Cellarhound knows and what he isnt telling us

Yes I remember the CastBlast/ CM meeting a few years back during the Pressler era. I think it was when they first mentioned plans over the 50th that they cracked a joke about Al Lutz.

"This guy!"

• Banned User

You'd be surprised

• Circle of Ancients

The only reason they would be watching the boards is to make sure no CM is violiating their confidientiality agreement on a public forum.

I'm sure they can care less about what else goes on here.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    The only reason they would be watching the boards is to make sure no CM is violiating their confidientiality agreement on a public forum.

I'm sure they can care less about what else goes on here.
    Yep.

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    they have people who have the job of looking over the net to see how the "disney image" is holding up.... in more or less words.....they are watching for sure, and if they dont like what they see, I wont suprise me if they try to have the site taken down.
    Public Relations - isnt that their department?

"This guy!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Public Relations - isnt that their department?

Yes!! Says the one with the PR Degree!

And I do think that they are watching. Esp MiceAge/MiceChat since it is one of the more popular and better known.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I think they are. They need some sort of imput to know if there doing what appeals, and if there failing miserably!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Idle speculation is mostly a waste of time...but I've got a couple of minutes.

My guess is that they do monitor the various boards. Both to check on "leaks" and to see what the buzz is. Occasionally some very intriguing thoughts get posted here and there. Good ideas can often be found in unconventional ways. I doubt you'll ever see any "official" presence here, though. Imagine the complications were one of us to suggest an attraction or ride idea...then later see something similar at DLR. Oh the lawsuits would be flying!!! Better for them to maintain "plausible deniability." And, of course, anonimity assures that they get honest postings and not suck-up pandering.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    WOW are we being heard? Hmmm well I hope so! I wanna know what Cellarhound knows and what he isnt telling us

Yes I remember the CastBlast/ CM meeting a few years back during the Pressler era. I think it was when they first mentioned plans over the 50th that they cracked a joke about Al Lutz.
    There is enough evidence to support that they keep watch and react to some of the items that have been posted on this blog...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast