Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hooterville, USA

Well, if Disney is listening, I want them to know that we shouldn't have to wait for a special occasion for some new paint! Also, do something with Tomorrowland quickly! Hire someone who is passionate about DL and let them make decisions. Preserve the "magic" so our kids and their kids can feel what we have felt for so many years. Make sure DL is first on every list of new attractions.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    There is enough evidence to support that they keep watch and react to some of the items that have been posted on this blog...

What evidence CH, you act as if you know something....
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    What evidence CH, you act as if you know something....
    Well, there has been media reports from both other blogs and in the media have reacted negatively to items that have have been posted here. We know for a fact that Current and Former CM's are registered on this site. We know that investors post to this board... And twice as many unregistered guests visit this site than are registered on a day to day basis. Trying to get usefull information...

People have posted sensative information on this site before... and have been asked to remove the content... because of who is registered.

Contributors of SaveDisney, and other sorces post on this board... It isn't just minions and fluff. (Viva minions and fluff!)

Media reports contacted Al Lutz for interviews...

I keep an eye on multiple blogs... Motley Fools DIS blog, MouseInfo... I keep tabs on Yahoo's Corporate News on the Disney Corporation (they do a great job getting news stories), SaveDisney, and other sites including blogs owned by Disney... MiceAge is one of the more respected sites providing critical content, and can do so because it is not owned by Disney...

As Eisner once said, "I feel uncomfortable when Disney reports on Disney."

But when you are critical, you gain respect by the fact that you can provide evidence... and one you are respected and critical... Disney takes notice... When you have a blog and have the capacity to desimlate information quickly, including content that may be copyrite, or contains rumors... And the majority of people who post on this board are extremly knowledgeable... That can be dangerous combination...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

There have also been reports of park ops reacting to things posted here too... From outside sources...
    Check out my other blog:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it seems like the entertainment department in particular keeps close tabs on what we post, I have heard too about Evil Minion's pics being seen by the higher ups.

I love this board and I am greatful to the mods and administrators for keeping us honest and making it a quality forum to share and discuss. It's one of the best out there and the only one I trust for my information. Thanks to everyone who posts too, the quality of the membership also contributes to miceage and micechat being what it is.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

Personal bit of anecdotal evidence....

I went to DL in 2001.. the exit area of Star Tours looked like crud! Duct taped carpet, chipped and scuffed paint, missing trim, worn handrails.......

In 2002, I moved to Phoenix and visited DLR about 15-20 days over the next 16-18 months or so.... Each time, the exit area of Star Tours looked just as bad as described above.

Evnetually, I got sick of it and started a thread about it on one of the more popular sights.... one I'm now banned from.....

Anyway..... couple months later, I was leaving Star Tours and about fainted from shock of the change... New paint, new carpets, repainted handrails, new trim.....

Now, it is possible that there had been plans to renovate the area for the 2.5 years that I noticed it's disrepair... and that my bringing it up on a web was just a conicidence to when the long planned rehab actually occured....

OR... maybe someone in the company asked maintenance if the area was really as bad as guests were saying.... and that got them to allocate some money to fix it up.

I don't know which of the possibilities is correct, and frankly, I don't care.... The exit of Star Tours was FIXED!!!!! That is all that counts!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I love this board and I am greatful to the mods and administrators for keeping us honest and making it a quality forum to share and discuss. It's one of the best out there and the only one I trust for my information. Thanks to everyone who posts too, the quality of the membership also contributes to miceage and micechat being what it is.
    I like it... It is the only board I participate on... Oh, and if you particpate, it would be good to plunk a few coins for site upkeep, which I try to do... When they exceeded bandwidth the other day, I was really concerned....

The debates here are well thought out by people who are for the most part knowledgeable and passionate... I respect that...
    Check out my other blog:

• Sock Puppet

You wonder if our voices are being heard? They are. Just the other day I was passing through Adventureland on my way to the best restrooms in the park, that's right, the ones with bamboo canes on the doors of the stalls when i was stopped dead in my tracks!
    Two cast members, we'll call them Tick and Tock.
    Tick: I was on mice chat the other day reading some of those posts.
    Tock: oh yeah? anything good.
    Tick: no.

That was the conversation. Pretty wild huh?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    You wonder if our voices are being heard? They are. Just the other day I was passing through Adventureland on my way to the best restrooms in the park, that's right, the ones with bamboo canes on the doors of the stalls when i was stopped dead in my tracks!
    Two cast members, we'll call them Tick and Tock.
    Tick: I was on mice chat the other day reading some of those posts.
    Tock: oh yeah? anything good.
    Tick: no.

That was the conversation. Pretty wild huh?

It makes me wonder what they consider good...
    Check out my other blog:

• Junior Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I doubt you'll ever see any "official" presence here, though. Imagine the complications were one of us to suggest an attraction or ride idea...then later see something similar at DLR. Oh the lawsuits would be flying!!! Better for them to maintain "plausible deniability."
    My dad knows someone who presented an idea for some sort of body-of-water maintenance system directly to Imagineering, was shown the door and told it was interesting but that they weren't interested, and heard later that they'd gone ahead and implemented it. Good luck suing Disney for stealing an idea - they've had more influence on intellectual property law than just about anyone out there and they always have a way out. I doubt that anyone on this board would admit openly to being an Imagineer or someone in a position of power, but if they see an idea here that they like and can use, it'll show up in the parks, intellectual property be damned. We're posting these ideas in a public forum and they are free for the taking.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    My dad knows someone who presented an idea for some sort of body-of-water maintenance system directly to Imagineering, was shown the door and told it was interesting but that they weren't interested, and heard later that they'd gone ahead and implemented it. Good luck suing Disney for stealing an idea - they've had more influence on intellectual property law than just about anyone out there and they always have a way out. I doubt that anyone on this board would admit openly to being an Imagineer or someone in a position of power, but if they see an idea here that they like and can use, it'll show up in the parks, intellectual property be damned. We're posting these ideas in a public forum and they are free for the taking.
    Ah, but at least they are codified here with a date...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123