Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's Time for a Tower Of Terror Program Update

For 8 years, I think It's time to update the ride, update some of the effects, new elevator programming by possibly making it random like in Florida, or that program update in Tokyo Disney Sea for Level 13. It's still alot of fun but needs a refresh to make it a new exciting experience. What are your thoughts?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: It's Time for a Tower Of Terror Program Update

first they need to fix elevator shaft 3. or as we CM's call it, the museum because it never works lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

i would like to see the facade get a wee bit of work. It is border line cheesy/overworked to look haunted. It is a good ride but it could use some sprucing up in the coming years.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

i like the outside but dammit i want a fifth demention

---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 05:00 PM ----------

dimension*

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Goofy

i would like the ride to be a different experience everytime it drops

I could take it or leave it with the random drops really. I think it's more an issue with locals who go all the time.

My issue is the ride just feels too short. They can't add a physical 5th dimension room but they could add another scene in the ride. Even if its just an extension of the family going into the elevator scene. Like visuals of the 5th dimension room coming at you. Just something else before the drops start.

And that darn hallway between the elevator door and the hold area. They can't do much there but couldn't they AT LEAST paint it black? At least if you tried, you could explain you are stepping through some void from reality into the Twilight Zone. It's better than a stark white hallway!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Roythe13th View Post
    I could take it or leave it with the random drops really. I think it's more an issue with locals who go all the time.

My issue is the ride just feels too short. They can't add a physical 5th dimension room but they could add another scene in the ride. Even if its just an extension of the family going into the elevator scene. Like visuals of the 5th dimension room coming at you. Just something else before the drops start.

And that darn hallway between the elevator door and the hold area. They can't do much there but couldn't they AT LEAST paint it black? At least if you tried, you could explain you are stepping through some void from reality into the Twilight Zone. It's better than a stark white hallway!
    I thought you didn't enter the Twilight Zone until you enter the maintenance shaft. Isn't that what the video says?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    first they need to fix elevator shaft 3. or as we CM's call it, the museum because it never works lol
    how long has it been broken?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Roythe13th View Post
    It would take a lot of work but I always feel DCA is cheap after coming back from WDW and going on the DCA ToT. I'd like random drops too. Sure not everyone is like me and been on it 50-100 times but many have been more than once. It had been for several years 1 of only 4 great rides in that park, I'm sure most DCA visitors have taken it for a ride. Random drops or multiples drop sequeneces to liven things up would be an easy addition.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

The ride is great all in all but it could go for some refurb in the scenes in the shafts. I'm sure 8 years later there has to be new, cooler, technologically-advanced effects that could be added to the scenes to make them "spookier." Like it coming out at you, as another poster had mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    I thought that they fixed shaft #3. Well it was working last week when I went.

• Sleepy...

Yeah, the drop sequence is getting old.

I honestly remember it by heart. After the hallway scene, it drops, then drops again. Goes back up. Windows open. Takes Picture. Drops. Drops. Goes up. Down a couple times. Up and windows open again. Pause. Drop. The end.

The only issue with making the "show" part longer is if there's too much anticipation, the actual drops (which are currently always the same) would feel too short. Although the Florida 5th dimension is cool, one comment I made after riding it was how small the amount of drops were in comparison to the long show (and that's WITH randomized drops too!).
    Last edited by strikeuptheband; 07-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah lets get all the Shafts open again then, make improvements

I'd wish we could get some more...."in" car effects when you enter the Twilight zone along with 2 more drops and the ride would be fine with me

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

I though Al reported several years ago that random drop sequences were coming soon. Did that turn out not to be true?
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

I don't think so....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast