• Minion

Disney's Rose Bowl Parade float on display in DCA?

A few years ago, my wife and I went to DCA on out anniversary shortly after the Rose Bowl Parade and at DCA they had the float on display near the lake. It was fantastic! I live near Pasadena but donít watch the parade live, so this was quite a treat! It was the TOT float and was outstanding! I did not get to see this years parade since I worked all day and saw photo's. It looks great and I was wondering if they would have the float on display at DCA this year, and for how long? Anyone?

Also, anyone see the recent Modern Marvles episode about Walk Disney World? Great show all around and was very facinating. Im suprised I did not hear about that episode since I work on that TV show. It must of slipped through when I was working on another project.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Re: Disney's Rose Bowl Parade float on display in DCA?

With all the rain damage maybe not.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Being as the float is 150 feet long and has a cruising speed of 8 miles per hour, i don't see how it would make the trip from Pasadena to Anaheim. I also understand that it broke down and was towed for a good portion of the parade route. So, being as it couldn't even hold up for the duration of the 5 mile parade route, I would not count on it making the 40 miles to Pasadena. I know I wouldn't wanna be stuck behind it on the 5!

FF

PS. Rose Parade, not Rose Bowl Parade. The parade started a good 50+ years before we even had football. But thanks for playingm we have some lovely parting gifts.
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic
    Being as the float is 150 feet long and has a cruising speed of 8 miles per hour, i don't see how it would make the trip from Pasadena to Anaheim. I also understand that it broke down and was towed for a good portion of the parade route. So, being as it couldn't even hold up for the duration of the 5 mile parade route, I would not count on it making the 40 miles to Pasadena. I know I wouldn't wanna be stuck behind it on the 5!

FF

PS. Rose Parade, not Rose Bowl Parade. The parade started a good 50+ years before we even had football. But thanks for playingm we have some lovely parting gifts.
    Its something called a flatbed towtruck. I am sure it comes apart in sections.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

The only reason the TOT float was taken to DCA was because that's when they were premiering the ride. It is tradition to take the floats to the viewing areas on Sierra Madre Blvd. in Pasadena, but that's only parade day and the day after, so who knows where they'll take the float after that (not like the flowers are really going to hold up, anyway).

• Closed Account

[quote=PS. Rose Parade, not Rose Bowl Parade. The parade started a good 50+ years before we even had football. But thanks for playingm we have some lovely parting gifts.[/quote]

1902 - Michigan 49, Stanford 0

Actually 14 years only not 50! First Rose Bowl was held in 1902, 14 years after the first Tournament of Roses Parade.