No Snow? No Hook? (12/2)

So, I was at DL yesterday, watching Remember on Main Street, then White Christmas plays, but there's no snow!? Anyone know the reason for this?

Also, is there supposed to be snow during the Christmas Fantasy parade? I am unsure of this...in any case, there was no snow then either.

Another interesting aspect of my visit yesterday was Fantasmic. During the Peter Pan scene, the sword fight between Pan and Hook played out on the ship's deck, not up in the rigging, and it wasn't really a sword fight at all. They just stood across from each other and acted out the dialogue. Also, no Hook swinging off the back of the Columbia. Was this because everything was so wet from the rain? Or possibly an untrained Hook?

All in all it was a great day. The crowds were so light. We had the holiday experience without the holiday crowds. They did close the park at 10 pm (and I heard DCA at 6) because of light attendance, which was new to me, but we were able to experience most every attraction we wanted with little or no wait. Amazing!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: No Snow? No Hook? (12/2)

I think you got rained out. However, isn't the snow and the holiday parade over already, at least as of today?

• Minion

It was probably not safe for Pan and Hook to do the stunts under the conditions.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I think you got rained out. However, isn't the snow and the holiday parade over already, at least as of today?
    Last night was to be the last night. The rain had cleared and Remember went off without a hitch (Tinker Bell included). Julie Andrews announced snow, White Christmas played, the lighting was set, but no snow...

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte
    So, I was at DL yesterday, watching Remember on Main Street, then White Christmas plays, but there's no snow!? Anyone know the reason for this?

Also, is there supposed to be snow during the Christmas Fantasy parade? I am unsure of this...in any case, there was no snow then either.

Another interesting aspect of my visit yesterday was Fantasmic. During the Peter Pan scene, the sword fight between Pan and Hook played out on the ship's deck, not up in the rigging, and it wasn't really a sword fight at all. They just stood across from each other and acted out the dialogue. Also, no Hook swinging off the back of the Columbia. Was this because everything was so wet from the rain? Or possibly an untrained Hook?

All in all it was a great day. The crowds were so light. We had the holiday experience without the holiday crowds. They did close the park at 10 pm (and I heard DCA at 6) because of light attendance, which was new to me, but we were able to experience most every attraction we wanted with little or no wait. Amazing!
    That sucks....but the Christmas season os over, and I think the snow is a Christmas attraction. Does Disney still have all the other Christmas attractions/dectorations up?

As for hook...I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    That sucks....but the Christmas season os over, and I think the snow is a Christmas attraction. Does Disney still have all the other Christmas attractions/dectorations up?
    The thing is, there was definitely supposed to be snow last night. Is it possible to rain out the snow machines?

Yesterday was the last official day for all the Christmas stuff, though I believe Small World Holiday runs through today, and HM Holiday for another couple weeks.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte
    The thing is, there was definitely supposed to be snow last night. Is it possible to rain out the snow machines?

Yesterday was the last official day for all the Christmas stuff, though I believe Small World Holiday runs through today, and HM Holiday for another couple weeks.
    Well, the snow machines are technicly, bubble/sud machines. So I guess if it was too windy or too cold, then they might not work.

I was there last night as well. We asked a cast member about the lack of snow and were told that because of residual wetness on the grounds from the rain earlier in the day/evening, that the snow wouldn't be happeneing. Apparently, the soapy concoction that makes up the snow creates a very slippery suface when mixed with standing or residual water.

Good news was that fact that the earlier rain also washed out the crowds! Splash Mountain = 5 minute wait. Space Mountain = 10 minutes. IJ = 10 minutes. Walked up to the hub 15 minutes prior to what I assumed would be a canceled "Remember.." show and got a spot right in front of SB's Castle!

God I love it when it rains!

• Basking in birthday love

As far as Peter Pan, it's more likely that one of the actors was a stand-in, hence the fighting on the ground. If it's wet (like it was for the 11:30 Fantasmic last time I worked it), they'll cancel a lot of the good stunts, but it will still happen in the rigging. And with the snow, they'll do it in high winds (which was a godsend on Christmas Eve and the day before when the fireworks were canceled) but not when it's too wet. And I'm not sure if there used to be snow with the Christmas Fantasy parade because I keep getting asked about it, but there definitely wasn't any this season; it only snowed with the fireworks.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."