Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sondheimian

Re: Single Rider Line Abuse

At Disneyland, I've never had a problem with fellow single riders, but I think the only reason this is happening at RSR is because people see the shorter line and they try to make the CMs feel bad when they get to the front for not letting them sit together. Once the popularity of the ride slows down, these single rider problems should go away.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There is an Android ap.
    Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    thanks for the information. I've tried to download it but it doesn't seem to want to work. I'll try again later from another location.
    got it to load, but it is giving me an "unknown error" when I try to log in.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    Heck yeah it sucked! A couple months ago I was going to see the Magic the Memories and You for the first time, and was super excited to see it for a few weeks before. I got a nice spot behind a tourist group of about 15 people playing on their smartphones which I hoped they would put away once the show started. Once the show started my wish was granted but the smartphones were replaced with gigantic, intruding iPads. I think every single person in the group was recording the show with one. I kindly asked a few of them to tell the group to turn them off but they couldn't understand any English. Eventually I moved to a better spot but I was pretty ticked off. Earlier that same day a woman was filming POTC with an iPad in front of me, but she put it away when I asked. Sorry for being so off topic but I just needed to rant
    GAH! That makes me angry just reading that. Well, we can't all think about others at times, I suppose.

---------- Post added 07-22-2012 at 12:46 PM ----------

It does that for me as well, I wonder what's wrong with it...

• I am number 4 of 999

The iPad being hoisted up in the air right when fireworks, parades, rides etc start is the early 20's equivalent of the child being hoisted up on the shoulders at the last minute by people in their 30's-40's so I have to stare at butt crack the entire show. At least with the iPad I can still see the CORRECT show.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• -

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    It's been awhile since I have used it. I just tried again and got the same error. I wonder if it is down for maintenance or if something is wrong with it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• will-o-the-whip

It should not be allowed to hold someone's spot in the single-rider line. The whole point of the line is that each person is an individual and not in a group. Next time don't let them through and tell them to go to the back as this constitutes abuse of the single-rider concept. If they object, call over a CM to complain.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    It's been awhile since I have used it. I just tried again and got the same error. I wonder if it is down for maintenance or if something is wrong with it.
    The update fixes the log in error but now it gives a similar error when trying to close the app.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    The update fixes the log in error but now it gives a similar error when trying to close the app.
    Interesting. I haven't had that happen yet.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I think we as a society have become so afraid to stand up for what is right that people know they can abuse the system. When I see someone cut in line, whether it is the single line or not, I politely let them know it is wrong. Most likely they ignore me and move on, but if everyone in the line politely lets them know its wrong, maybe they will get the message. People, do not complain unless you speak up for yourself.

As for the smartphones and iPads, and recording, its the same thing as when you go to the movies. Speak up and ask them to kindly put the device away so others can enjoy the show/ride.

• Vidia's Minion

The problem is right now the RSR single rider line isn't a true single rider line. It's a 'I don't have a fastpass and don't want to wait in a 3 hour line' line

•   

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    It should not be allowed to hold someone's spot in the single-rider line. The whole point of the line is that each person is an individual and not in a group. Next time don't let them through and tell them to go to the back as this constitutes abuse of the single-rider concept. If they object, call over a CM to complain.
    I'm sorry, but this constitutes a misunderstanding of what Single Rider is. Single Rider doesn't exist to reward those who visit the parks alone. It exists to maximize certain attractions' capacities, so that a larger number of people can experience the attraction each hour. Some ride vehicles are designed in such a way that normal grouping practices tend to result in some empty seats. Single Rider allows the CM's to fill those seats, allowing more people to ride the attraction each day. Because the percentage of people who know about AND want to use Single Rider is small, Single Rider lines stay relatively short, which in turn ensures that people continue using the service.

Having a group of people together in the Single Rider line is completely legitimate, as long as they dont mind being split up onboard the attraction. And Disney does not prevent people from joining up with their parties in line. It would result in a huge number of guest complaints and it would be completely impossible to enforce.

It's understandable to be slightly disappointed when more people show up and enter a line in front of you (Single Rider or otherwise), because that means a slightly longer wait for you, but think of it this way. If they'd been in line all along, would you have decided to get in line behind them anyway? Usually the answer is yes

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    I'm sorry, but this constitutes a misunderstanding of what Single Rider is. Single Rider doesn't exist to reward those who visit the parks alone. It exists to maximize certain attractions' capacities, so that a larger number of people can experience the attraction each hour. Some ride vehicles are designed in such a way that normal grouping practices tend to result in some empty seats. Single Rider allows the CM's to fill those seats, allowing more people to ride the attraction each day. Because the percentage of people who know about AND want to use Single Rider is small, Single Rider lines stay relatively short, which in turn ensures that people continue using the service.

Having a group of people together in the Single Rider line is completely legitimate, as long as they dont mind being split up onboard the attraction. And Disney does not prevent people from joining up with their parties in line. It would result in a huge number of guest complaints and it would be completely impossible to enforce.

It's understandable to be slightly disappointed when more people show up and enter a line in front of you (Single Rider or otherwise), because that means a slightly longer wait for you, but think of it this way. If they'd been in line all along, would you have decided to get in line behind them anyway? Usually the answer is yes
    Very well said.

Um.....isn't the single rider line for SINGLE RIDERS? NOT for people who decide they just don't want to wait with everyone else? Sounds to me like a lot of you are abusing the line anyway. My husband uses single rider if he wants to go on a ride that I'm not interested in, but when we're together, we would never do single rider just to get on a ride faster. You can't say other people are "abusing" it if you're doing it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    "And I wish people used smart phones to video in front of me. It seems like I'm ALWAYS behind a huge group of people recording with iPads ."

Really? People really tote around iPads to video & take pics. Sorry, that's weird. I mean I love my iPad but it's too big and breakable to lug around Disneyland. I'd be afraid I'd drop it or smash it in my little backpack. AND I think it's rude to hold up something the size of an iPad where it obstructs someone's view. Just RUDE!
    Yes, I see this happening more and more and it is aggravating. When I'm shooting video, I'm so consciencious that I don't even use my flip out screen on my video camera. I use the viewfinder to try and not distract from other's enjoyment of a ride or entertainment. But, I've had my filming ruined by inconsiderate people holding up an iPad in front of me to take photos or video. The other thing that is annoying is people who look right at me and see that I'm filming and walk right in front of my camera when there was plenty of room to to go behind. I fully realize it isn't always possible to avoid it, but some people seem to enjoy messing up someone's shots.

Very well said, indeed! I mean, come on! Let's say 10 people cut in line to re-join their party in any line (single rider or not - and let's be honest, it's hardly EVER that many people cutting in line - usually just one or two people). What, that's a 2 minute delay in boarding the attraction? Really? You're going to complain about that? Get over yourselves!!

Is the rudeness in one or two people cutting in line to re-join their party or you giving the sneer or lecture to them about cutting in line?
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast