Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Single Rider Line Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Joannefm2 View Post
    Um.....isn't the single rider line for SINGLE RIDERS? NOT for people who decide they just don't want to wait with everyone else? Sounds to me like a lot of you are abusing the line anyway. My husband uses single rider if he wants to go on a ride that I'm not interested in, but when we're together, we would never do single rider just to get on a ride faster. You can't say other people are "abusing" it if you're doing it yourself.
    like CMinParadise said the point of single rider is to fill in empty seats. Sometimes you can get lucky if there is a family of 4 on RSR and they need 2 single riders to fill in empty seats. That doesn't mean you are abusing the system it means that you are helping Disney get highest hourly capacity possible for that ride.

Um.....isn't the single rider line for SINGLE RIDERS? NOT for people who decide they just don't want to wait with everyone else? Sounds to me like a lot of you are abusing the line anyway. My husband uses single rider if he wants to go on a ride that I'm not interested in, but when we're together, we would never do single rider just to get on a ride faster. You can't say other people are "abusing" it if you're doing it yourself.
    Joan, single rider lines are just that. For single RIDERS. Riders of the actual attraction. It's about waiting in a shorter line knowing you will not actually ride with your companion(s). Most groups that go on an attraction like to experience it together. That's what stand-by/FastPass lines are for.

To make everyone happy, should two people who are at the park together pretend not to know each other? Will that somehow satisfy this injustice? Because it doesn't reduce the number of people in front of you.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Mischievous Mouse

I'm usually have too good a time at the aprk to really care about people cutting or being annoying, sure it's annoying, but don't let it ruin your time.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

I don't mind cutters a t DL either. Especially since I know most were probably already in line or are with a party in line. Sometimes you have to get out of line. Those churros aren't gonna get to your party themselves
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Last week, I saw a new twist to the single rider abuse. Two young boys entered the single rider line for Soarin' and played weaving in and out of the two adjoining lines. As the boys played in line, the boys were very loud and boastful on how they had fooled the CMs on all the rides that day. Our CM didn't allow many single rider on. So, when the CM wasn't looking, they simply joined a large group in the standby line as it entered the loading area.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D

Quote Originally Posted by Malificent2000 View Post
    I think we as a society have become so afraid to stand up for what is right that people know they can abuse the system. When I see someone cut in line, whether it is the single line or not, I politely let them know it is wrong. Most likely they ignore me and move on, but if everyone in the line politely lets them know its wrong, maybe they will get the message. People, do not complain unless you speak up for yourself.
    I completely agree, but must admit sometimes I speak up & sometimes I don't. If they're with a group, and I'm alone, I feel intimidated when they fire back at me. Especially when no one else speaks up to back you up. They just all stare at you.

I witnessed a SR cheater do the "excuse me, my friend is up there" routine and didn't say anything, then watched him. Sure enough, he didn't catch up with anyone he knew, got on the ride, then saw him getting off and RUNNING to get back in SR line to do it again. He was a teen and probably on some mission to see how many times he could ride it. It was so annoying. I really was going to report him but I realized I was late to meet someone, so I left.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

My husband uses single rider if he wants to go on a ride that I'm not interested in, but when we're together, we would never do single rider just to get on a ride faster.
    If you do this, you are keeping the two of you from taking advantage of a cool feature of Disney queues. As others have said, the SR line isn't just for people going alone. You could be a family of 30 and still go through the SR line, as long as you understood that you would be broken up into parties of 1 when you ride.

I saw a dad and his son go through the SR line at Test Track, and then the dad started arguing with the loading CM, saying that he HAD to sit with his kid. To the CM's credit he said no, and repeated his instructions that his party would be broken up. The dad kept on arguing, and the CM kept saying no. Finally he put the dad on row 5 and the kid on row 6 (in the same car). And then we watched the dad work out a trade in rows for the guy next to him in row 5, so that he and the kid could sit next to each other. Amazing, and really really bad form!

Red Face Re: Single Rider Line Abuse

When we use the single rider lines we do it properly. As far as cutting to catch up with the rest of my party we only do it when one of the grandkids all of a sudden needs to use the bathroom. We excuse ourselves as we leave the line and again when we return. I am very thankful for the polite guests who don't get angry with us. With little ones it a fact of life.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaskitten View Post
    When we use the single rider lines we do it properly. As far as cutting to catch up with the rest of my party we only do it when one of the grandkids all of a sudden needs to use the bathroom. We excuse ourselves as we leave the line and again when we return. I am very thankful for the polite guests who don't get angry with us. With little ones it a fact of life.
    That's an example of a perfectly legitimate reason to get in/out of line, and the main reason I'd hesitate to say something to someone. I don't wanna be a jerk.
    It's just too bad that others abuse it.

We've seen people in a group ask the CM to let them go together, but what we saw last week on Racers was too much, and more then once. A group (family ?) with small children in front of us in single rider, and the mom tells the CM, well they are too young to go by themselves. So they all get in a car together. Um, why do you get in the single rider in the first place ? I think, because you know, full well, what you are gonna say.
    Gawrsh !!

• Master Gracey's Music Man

I've seen a few cases of SR line abuse here and there but nothing super outrageous. There are always going to be guests whether by themselves or in groups that will try to abuse the line system somehow. I use the SR line myself if I'm by myself or when going on a ride that someone in my party or any in my party don't really want to go on. In the standard line when I'm with my girlfriend we get lucky sometimes where the CM will ask for two riders and we get it. As for the Ipad thing I do think that is pretty ridiculous, especially on a ride with the screen piercing your vision through the darkness XD
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

I witnessed a SR cheater do the "excuse me, my friend is up there" routine and didn't say anything, then watched him. Sure enough, he didn't catch up with anyone he knew, got on the ride, then saw him getting off and RUNNING to get back in SR line to do it again. He was a teen and probably on some mission to see how many times he could ride it. It was so annoying. I really was going to report him but I realized I was late to meet someone, so I left.
    I don't get how this is Single Rider abuse/cheating/whatever. He's cutting in line. The fact that it's a Single Rider line makes no difference. It'd be abuse if he was in the Standy By or FastPass line too.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Future Imagineer! =D

My family and I use single rider a lot! Mostly when it's just my mom, my sister, and I though. We obviously know we're going to be separated and we're good with it. However, we haven't used the single rider for RSR yet though other than on preview weekend because the line is just too long! I think it gets so long because the single rider line is so blatantly obvious and on most other rides people don't even know its there.

You wanna talk about single rider abuse? How about the brats who use single rider on Indy and then when the line breaks off to the elevators they hide their single rider passes and go up the stairs! I've seen it happen a few times. I would feel so dang bad if I did something like that!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    You wanna talk about single rider abuse? How about the brats who use single rider on Indy and then when the line breaks off to the elevators they hide their single rider passes and go up the stairs! I've seen it happen a few times. I would feel so dang bad if I did something like that!
    Indy's single rider line needs to be re-worked. Single riders get stuck behind the people with GAC's.... sometimes for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    It should not be allowed to hold someone's spot in the single-rider line. The whole point of the line is that each person is an individual and not in a group. Next time don't let them through and tell them to go to the back as this constitutes abuse of the single-rider concept. If they object, call over a CM to complain.
    Wrong! The same applies for all lines. You are not supposed to hold someones spot. I refuse to let anyone pass. If they want to join their friends they can have their friends come backwards through in line and join them.

I will also report you and get you removed from the line, but I don't report you until you wait through almost the entire line. Believe me the people around these people will back up your claim and applaud you too. What's most important is kind of causing a scene when it first happens. Yes, I'm an the a-hole in line, but I will stand up for what is right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast